Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What Champion Will Rule Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrphanAnthem

08-19-2011

Hero's with area denial abilitys will be HUGE
also heroes with really strong initiation
i see hiemer being really strong especially supported by someone like alistar to keep people from diving him hard
Kennen will do really well as well with his whole hit and run style

Guntermench

08-19-2011

Poppy.

Her only real weak point is that she can't farm, the highest minion kills I've gotten with her was roughly 40-50, but if you start with 1300+ gold and level 3 like I read somewhere in these forums, to lazy to find it might have been here dkdc, then she will be able to go hunting right off the bat. 1v1 she can completely wreck pretty much anyone even if she only has a small fraction of her health and they at or near full, 1v2 she can destroy someone even faster than 1v1 then book it out of there if she has to or just move on to the second champ and crush them too, especially in enclosed spaces. That may not work as well near the capture points, unless you charge them into the point, but on the paths in between she will be deadly. With her Paragon she would also be able to fly around the map giving her an added advantage.

Wow that's a tldr... Sorry I'm a real Poppy fan and she doesn't get enough love...

CoolBreeze95

08-19-2011

Kogmaw and Temo will dominate the **** out of dominion, they're utlies is gonna kick serious ass.

Hiriko

Recruiter

08-19-2011

Why not Lux?

I mean if getting hit by a champion stops you from capturing a point Lux's 24sec CD ult with pretty **** good range would stop many champs from being able to capture points.

Not to mention if you end up in small skirmishes Lux can basically spam that ult and assist around the map depending on her location.

shinypointyhelm

08-19-2011

Udyr, Lee Sin, Skarner, Kassadin, Rammus, Garen, KogMaw, Lux, Karthus, these should be the big ones...

Strong assassin types for small scale skirmishes, such as Leblanc, and extremely strong defenders with long range pokes, such as Kog'Maw, will be strong. Champions who really shine at about the mid game-late game level given average amounts of gold on SR will probably be ok (think pre-nerf Vlad).

makkii

08-19-2011

i honestly think were gunna see alot of tank gragas

hes a great duelist (imo top 10 early-mid game), has amazing overall mobility, long range with barrel roll, and all aoe spells to interrupt capping, the ult for even more crazy disruption and triforce/fon both can be well incorporated into a tank/fighter build with him, pair that with the 1375 gold for HoG and boots early, plus level 3(which is right where gragas gets insanely strong with 2E and 1W, and youve got an overall great great and more great character for dominion, gragas excels early/mid game, so he will be great for dominion, he fits all the criteria.

rangerike1363

08-19-2011

Quote:
CARDBOARDWARRIOR:
Teemo. Passive stealth and wards are gonna be a pain.

I agree since teemo will give high map control and his shrooms will reveal enemies coming to hit up the capture points. The only thing is he is so squishy but it isn't about ho wsquishy you are, it's about map control and teamwork and teemo definitely has map control and speed to help

BigDaddyDelish

08-19-2011

I think even the "weak" champions in SR will prove to have a good place in Dominion, and at the same time even the "best" champions in SR will not outshine the "weak" characters nearly as much. LeBlanc for example is typically seen as not viable in SR due to her terrible teamfighting capacity and lack of farming potential. However, she pretty much ruled the game in Dominion and was making a noticeable impact at all stages of the match.

Katarina isn't seen as viable in SR either, but I imagine Dominion will be a great option for her since her passive will tick up so much more, and with her amazing scaling will pick up her big items earlier on.

Really, I could go on all day, the playstyle is actually really good for all champs because the best part of each champion will shine so much brighter, especially when the focus is taken away from PvE and put pretty much 99% on the PvP aspect.

NicknameMy

08-19-2011

Ninja team op!!!

Anrian Dayin

08-19-2011

All of the champions will have a role in it just like in the other maps. Sure some things may be a little more beneficial because of pure mobility and getting around the map quickly(speed abilities/teleports) but you need defense just as much as offense.

Personally I think high damage champions will do the best though since most of the fights will involve smaller numbers due to needing to split up to capture/defend. If a team is going to send all 5 people at one place it is likely they will also be losing positions while they capture one. So champions that can pick off people quickly and get around the map will most likely lead the pushes just like before(Xin, Miss Fortune, teemo, Twisted Fate). Also, defense characters should do pretty good...especially rammus with his power ball. Support will still be very useful because you need to keep your team alive, and since people wont be going back as much in this map it will be even more important since most of the game your allies will not likely be at full hp.

Specific things that will be useful:
Traps(teemo, Nids, Cait, Shaco): no wards makes these even more useful of a utility to have.
Support Auras(Sona, Gangplank, Sivir, ect): Speed ones especially.
Life Steal/Spell Vamp: You don't permanently gain anything in this map like when you destroy turrets in the other maps, so consequently being able to get your hp back after skirmishes is going to be key in keeping the further points that you capture.
Mobility: I'm pretty sure you noticed all the boots of mobility in the builds during the livestream if you watched it. Getting to points fast is one of the best defenses and offenses on this map. The faster you can get to undefended capture points or quickly getting to your points before a capture is key. It comes down to microseconds sometimes in this. One hit from anything stops the channeling so sometimes getting somewhere half a second earlier is the difference between having a turret shooting you during a fight or not having one shooting you. As far as champions go I mentioned a few earlier with speed boosts like Miss Fortune and Teemo, but you also have a few others to contemplate like Garen and Mundo that can get up their speeds pretty high.
Long range: Anything long ranged can buy a little more time for you. Ezrael's Ultimate, Caitlin, Kog Maw, Gangplank's Ult, Lux...and a bunch more...Their are a bunch more, but you get the idea. Stop a capture with them without having to commit to the battle,

I'm sure there are some things I left out, but from what I watched today that is what I got out of it. And yes Morgana does very well from what I saw of her in it.