Gathering performance related issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlobPower

04-27-2012

Read the 1st post, 1st thing there. And gamebooster is ****, if you cleaned your PC it actually enables stuff you don't want.

Aniello

05-07-2012

Don't know if someone already said it...

But the Nocturne Ultimate (as Graves smoke bomb) the problem is caused by MINIONS. I am 100% sure about this. Every time you get Noc or Graves effect, you loose the view over the whole map, when the effect ends your Computer has to load EVERYTHING on the map again, and Minions are what affect the fps drop rate most.

You can notice (on older PC) a lowering of frames when they spawns too, when they are on whole map is even worse.

TLZz

05-13-2012

What does they mean by .... Find the 3 processes from LoL that are not League of Legends?
Wtf , sounds not logical at all ...

BlobPower

05-23-2012

1 issue fixed, 2 biggies remaining. And those 2 can't be that much work to fix. If it should be much work to fix those 2, i'd like to know. I do understand a tiny bit of programming, and i just can't get it into my head why these 2 issues exist in the 1st place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLZz View Post
What does they mean by .... Find the 3 processes from LoL that are not League of Legends?
Wtf , sounds not logical at all ...
There's:
rad_user_kernel.exe
- LoLLauncher.exe
- - LolCient.exe
- - League of Legends.exe

rad_user_kernel.exe and rad_user_kernel.exe belong to the client, and those 2 plus the client itself(LolCient.exe) are 3 processes from LoL that are not League of Legends.exe and are not required while playing a match. Since Process Explorer shows the processes in a hierarchy, i thought it didn't need any more explaining.

I hope the explanation in the 1st post is good now.

logicPwn

05-23-2012

Try GameBooster

BlobPower

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlokzz View Post
Try GameBooster
I did, and it it enabled sevices which i had perma disabled. That's one way to good good results when comparing Gamebooster on and off. Ok, i'm an exception when it comes to running processes, it might be a good idea for regular people. But since it doesn't do any good for people like me, i hesitate to recommend it.

And Gamebooster doesn't touch HDD fragmentation/unnecessary HDD access nor background processes that belong to the game itself. If i'm wrong here, please correct me.

Jayx8SeveN

07-21-2012

sd

Skarenox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Since I see red posts here, I'll bring my bump.

I play in the lowest possible settings in 1280x768 resolution with an average of 20 to 29 FPS and my normal latency is 80 to 96, in random games I have lag spikes and FPS decreases to like 240-400 latency and 8-10 FPS, this happens like every 30 to 60 seconds.

Link to my post: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2671828

And dxdiag attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlobPower View Post

There's:
rad_user_kernel.exe
- LoLLauncher.exe
- - LolCient.exe
- - League of Legends.exe
Sometimes I see 2 rad_user_kernel.exe

Phykos

10-19-2012

This really hasn't been addressed for something that "has reds on it". And the fact that they keep asking for our comp info, makes me feel like they think it's on our end. This has been an issue ever since the newer champions starting rolling out.

For the longest time, I was able to get a steady 50-60 FPS on High, Medium, Medium settings on proper resolution settings (those that matched my desktop). Then the Riven patch came and it went to hell. What use to be stable now became 60 at times, 30 at others, REGARDLESS of activity. I might get high 50s/60 frames chasing one guy, then the next time chasing the same guy in the same conditions I get 30.

It's amazing how little focus this issue has. This is a core gameplay issue riot. I understand the importance of the Honor system, champion releases, and all have been great.

But NOTHING overrides gameplay in importance, and an erratic framerate is the quickest way to screw it up. I'm tired of waiting and posting about it. It's high time it receives a definitive fix. Years of the same issue being reported and no real action taken about it is ridiculous.

What's worse, lowering the settings has NO effect. Hate to tell you riot, but if playing on the bare minimum doesn't improve FPS then guess what, it is your fault. Stop paddling your feet on this. I've spent hundreds on this game and it's hard not to be frustrated with its sub par, erratic performance.

fatban

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phykos View Post
I understand the importance of the Honor system, champion releases, and all have been great.

But NOTHING overrides gameplay in importance, and an erratic framerate is the quickest way to screw it up.
well said sir