Lets just face it...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dexstar

08-13-2011

This game just received a small graphics overhaul on 3 champions a patch or 2 ago and when this game (mostly played on PC) is being updated and geared towards PC owners, us mac-users feel out of place. Now, yes, I have been a PC owner for most of my life and i currently own and play LoL on a PC, but when us mac-users want to play LoL on the go, we cant due to problems that the "so-called" mac client gives us. Now yes, this is a beta client and not a fully implemented client system for Mac OS, so there is bound to be problems and bugs. Downside, this evolving game is becoming more of a "only for PC" game (just like most of the Windows games that say "Only for Windows"). I think some of us can just give up hope that there isnt much support for the mac client. I dont mind looking for bugs (b/c its beta), but as for anyone else, I guess choose your next computer wisely (or possibly build your own since its cheaper than buying a new desktop) unless you go the laptop route. Just dont get sucked into buying alienware (its ridiculously expensive).

Ediwir

Wrenchman

08-13-2011

it's not even a beta, it's a port. and actually, i'm using a fan-made port, works better. i suggest you guys to do the same, Riot abandoned theirs anyway.

if we're lucky, the next year will have a beta mac client. maybe. who knows. if they have some spare time.

sciyth

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediwir View Post
it's not even a beta, it's a port. and actually, i'm using a fan-made port, works better. i suggest you guys to do the same, Riot abandoned theirs anyway.

if we're lucky, the next year will have a beta mac client. maybe. who knows. if they have some spare time.
I kind of lost all faith in Riot around June. It's hard to be optimistic and support of when you get absolutely nothing for 6 months and your ignored as well.

I like the game and i like the champs i used rp on but sometimes i really wish i hadn't bought rp. It would make this game easier to quit

TheButtonmen

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
I kind of lost all faith in Riot around June. It's hard to be optimistic and support of when you get absolutely nothing for 6 months and your ignored as well.

I like the game and i like the champs i used rp on but sometimes i really wish i hadn't bought rp. It would make this game easier to quit
Other then a free giftcard I was given I've been rigerously avoiding buying any RP for that very reason as I'm probably going to need to jump ships to another game such as Dota 2 as the framerate slowly but surely trends downwards as they add more and more. I expect given all the graphical improvements they are tauting about Dominion that it will be the straw that breaks the camels back and makes the mac "client" finally die.