Will Dominion be compatible with the Mac version of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esaru

Senior Member

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathonus View Post
Thats not an option for everyone. I can see your getting annoyed by the QQ'ers, but that shows real ignorance to a large amount of people
Why the hell not? If you can spend $2,500 on a shiny piece of junk then you can spend $1000 on a PC that will play most games today.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trollkatt

Senior Member

09-05-2011

Ehm. There's also Bootcamp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaru View Post
Why the hell not? If you can spend $2,500 on a shiny piece of junk then you can spend $1000 on a PC that will play most games today.
You expect someone to pay $1000 just to play a game like LoL? Waste of money Why can't the million dollar company who has enough money to denote $5 Million for Prizes this upcoming season not have the ability or know how to make their game client compatible on an ever increasing in popularity OS?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

braddoc

Senior Member

09-05-2011

Sorry, I spent the money on my Macbook Pro because my school and major (Graphic design) required it. Being a college student and having spent a lot of money on a mac, adobe programs, a wacom tablet, and much, much more... I can honestly say that no, I do not have the additional "1,000" to spend on a PC for leisurely gaming. And I shouldn't have to. The client works fine, and my Mac works fine. I am rarely the last person to load into a game and updating has never been a problem. Nor have I ever experienced downtime that friends on the PC client have not (as riot claims as a reason for discontinuing the client). So I see no reason why they should lock me out of gameplay unless they give us more details.

Nor do I understand why you have to be a condescending ***** to other members of the community simply because they use a different OS?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mihlo

Senior Member

09-05-2011

They're shutting it down because they realized that using the Windows client on an emulator and calling that the Mac client was too much debug work. In the time its taken them to realize that they might have had a working native client.

You're running out of excuses Riot, HoN supports Mac and Linux, and you can be sure that DOTA 2 will be on the Mac as well as Windows, your lack of multi platform support is disturbing for the amount of resources you have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shini Laser

Senior Member

09-05-2011

Bootcamp. It saves you the hassle of waiting for games to get a Mac client. I know plenty of friends who use it on not only a Mac, but even Ubunto. Get it, love it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trollkatt

Senior Member

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Bootcamp. It saves you the hassle of waiting for games to get a Mac client. I know plenty of friends who use it on not only a Mac, but even Ubunto. Get it, love it.
Exactly. Every mac with Intel-based processors can run Windows using Bootcamp.
Although the part where you say "Ubuntu" makes no sense
Bootcamp is a BIOS/Partition table emulation to compensate for something that macs have instead which is called EFI/GPT (why they have it is a complete mystery to me since at the end of the day it doesn't really bring anything of value).

What your friends are doing "with Ubuntu" is just dualbooting (i.e. not using ubuntu when they use Windows).

I'm also interested in knowing the specs of the people that have "0" problems with the game while running it on Mac. Because on mine it ran super slow on lowest settings, which is a HUGE disadvantage if you want to play skillshot-based chars, like Lux.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l Diabetic Dan l

Senior Member

09-06-2011

First Off I'd like to say on this topic about the MAC client... THANK GOD. MAC's are not intended for gaming, if you can't spring the 1k for a PC then don't play games. If you're so called "Forced/Required" to get a MAC for school... then looks like your school has a brain, MACs are for the ARTS, not for the Gaming.

Secondly, many people are right about the "BOOT CAMP" I've got some friends who's parents bought them MACs for college unknownst to them that they suck for gaming, they Boot Camp windows 7 and can run BFBC2 fine... so LoL is no problem.

Chill out MAC community if the BOOT CAMP doesn't work and gives you problems... well at least you tried. QQ moar and go on with your life.JEEEZ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asktiks

Senior Member

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
just buy a godam pc. its not ****ing rocket science
this...

laptops that are probably better than that mac you guys are running are maybe 300 bucks now, a desktop is even cheaper if you put it together yourself


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asktiks

Senior Member

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr braddoc View Post
Sorry, I spent the money on my Macbook Pro because my school and major (Graphic design) required it. Being a college student and having spent a lot of money on a mac, adobe programs, a wacom tablet, and much, much more... I can honestly say that no, I do not have the additional "1,000" to spend on a PC for leisurely gaming. And I shouldn't have to. The client works fine, and my Mac works fine. I am rarely the last person to load into a game and updating has never been a problem. Nor have I ever experienced downtime that friends on the PC client have not (as riot claims as a reason for discontinuing the client). So I see no reason why they should lock me out of gameplay unless they give us more details.

Nor do I understand why you have to be a condescending ***** to other members of the community simply because they use a different OS?
to be fair , its a free game, riot doesnt HAVE to continue mac development if they dont feel like its a good investment of their money and time, wich is the conclusion they reached , so either bootcamp it , or put together a cheap > 300 bucks desktop, heck a 3 year old desktop runs LOL no problem so it shouldnt bge that expensive to get togehther a cheap desktop for lol and whatnot