Will Dominion be compatible with the Mac version of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ampersant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Alot of people who have Mac's still play LoL on the Mac beta, will dominion be compatible or will those players miss out?

Frankydoodles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-23-2011

how are u playing on the mac beta i tried but the updating dosent finish it gets to 99% and starts over

Ediwir

Wrenchman

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankydoodles View Post
how are u playing on the mac beta i tried but the updating dosent finish it gets to 99% and starts over
update is in 4 sections (as every patch, you just usually don't notice 'cause they're shorter patches). the installer hasn't been updated in months, so you get 4 very long patches.

TheMarkMark

08-23-2011

Hmm... I have a mac and PC, play on both (because of less access to the PC due to sharing etc.). The updates seem to work similarly and fine on both. I'm interested if the dominion patch will work on macs, or even break them (aka no lol for mac users). I would guess it will work just fine, but who knows.

Doesn't it suck having super slow load screens, missing the first 22 seconds of the game, and lagging for the next minute?

Parcheeseey

08-23-2011

as for the 99% and restarts thing, I had similar issues the first time I installed it, but you just have to wait for it to go through a few times and then it will finally finish and never do that again (it would say part 3/3, then restart updating). And I think Dominion will just be another patch, which means that it probably wont affect anything for the mac beta clients.

Ampersant

09-03-2011

Looks like the answer is no, the mac client is going to be disabled right before dominion comes out

RealMithron

09-03-2011

Support for Mac client is being disabled on Tuesday, and this actually supports the theory of Dominion being released on Tuesday.

Flodoard

09-03-2011

by the sixth the mac version will no longer exist
so no

DARK ZELOPHEHAD

09-03-2011

no becouse lol wont be on mac yay

Hintak

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersant View Post
Looks like the answer is no, the mac client is going to be disabled right before dominion comes out
Hate to tell you, but... that's not true. The people who run the Mac Beta testing say that development will continue, even with Dominion. The only way Mac is really behind is performance wise, because updates are easier to da rather that cpu management.