Nasus tanky! but ap or ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wazawolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Edit: This thread is about getting to know how other players play and not about shutting down how others play.
================================================== =================================
We all know that nasus has to be build tanky to be viable and that sheen will up his damage by a lot. No matter how one build nasus his q will always be the majority of the damage.

With the recent buff to nasus skills is it really that much worst going ap tanky? His q will only a tiny bit weaker if not equal to going tanky ad.

Ap core would be Lichbane while ad core would be trinity.

Ap tanky items:
Rylai's
Abyssal
Hourglass
Edit: Etc.
And any tank items later.

Ad tanky items:
every tank item without ap.

Ad definitely has more item paths but the ap path does have it's ups. I guess what I am saying is why does the tank path with ap items get look down upon by so many. Is it because of the narrow minded players out there calling out on unsual builds dictating the choices of the majority?

Ap build is completely viable if one is having a hard laning phase and would be leveling e first. The buff to the skill letting it burst for half the damage and instant cast is so good with the minimun ap scaling at .72 {.6+.12 (first tic) more than kass scaling}.

My thoughts are that nasus has to go tanky bruiser and ad is more viable but sometimes ap would be better for aoe benefits.

Edit: I would not use e farm unless needed. Mostly for teamfights. Q the creeps.

What are your thoughts?
================================================== ===============================

Edit: I like the downvotes but what are your thoughts?

Edit: Realized that many people love getting ms on Nasus. I do too, but that does not mean that getting that much ms is needed. Getting ms just helps with being less dependent on the team. I think going ap is more about team fights than small skirmishes.

Edit: Lol at the people telling me to feel bad. Please read the whole tread or at least the whole post. (doubt you would have read this though)

Crobot

08-10-2011

The core of Aegis + Trinity Force just works too well to consider much else. Even with the change to spirit fire (which is highly welcome), It's still not comparable to Null Zone or Tormented Soil, so it's not really worth the AP stacking.

wazawolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot View Post
The core of Aegis + Trinity Force just works too well to consider much else. Even with the change to spirit fire (which is highly welcome), It's still not comparable to Null Zone or Tormented Soil, so it's not really worth the AP stacking.
Yeh true Aegis + Trinity Force is amazing!!! But that does not mean that ap nasus can't get Aegis too.

If one does want Aegis and also Ap. A build could be:

Aegis + Sheen and than Ap items.

King Draxx

08-10-2011

Do what you wanna do yo.

wazawolf

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Draxx View Post
Do what you wanna do yo.
I like that. Wish there are more players like you. I've just seen to many "no to ap nasus" comments recently with no explanation.

Dekasav

08-10-2011

Nasus NEEDS to move faster than his enemies. Tri-force is core not entirely because of the Sheen proc, but because it gives movespeed + a lot of useful stats. AP Nasus doesn't have a good movespeed item to make core.

BACKSTABUUU

08-10-2011

Hmmm, when you explain it like that, it doesn't really sound like a bad idea, I might take some time into trying it out.

For now, though, I'm gonna says stick with the standard bruiser Nasus build.

M0b1us

08-10-2011

AD is still the way to go. You can't always rely on your Q so you need some auto-attack power. AP will not give you that. SF is good, but Nasus lacks the ability to keep multiple targets in the area. This makes SF easy to avoid and it also doesn't have a long enough CD to use multiple times in a team fight. Another thing about SF is that you are tempted to use it to farm. If you use SF to farm then you are taking away valuable damage from your Q. So SF will be working against you.

Basically, AD is much more reliable than AP. Also you appear to be building tank with a trinity on Nasus. Well this is part of your problem. Nasus works best as a tanky dps, he needs more than trinity to be optimal. Here is how I like to build him.

Triforce (of course), merc treads, Frozen mallet (or warmogs if the situation calls for it), atmas, banshees or FoN and then randiuns or Frozen heart.
200+ armor, 200+ MR, 200+ AD (slightly less if I go with warmogs, FM gives 20 AD already).

Now AP is fun I will give you that. However in comparison to AD, it just isn't nearly as consistent in terms of damage which makes it much less reliable.

Quote:
Nasus NEEDS to move faster than his enemies. Tri-force is core not entirely because of the Sheen proc, but because it gives movespeed + a lot of useful stats. AP Nasus doesn't have a good movespeed item to make core.
Lich bane.

xMINGx

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekasav View Post
Lichbane gives +8% MS boost, and im not sure if his q will proc rylai's. if it does, it'll be a bigger slow than from triforce.

Dekasav

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0b1us View Post
Lich bane.
So you're going to go Boots, Aegis, Lich Bane + ~1100gp item (Blasting wand?) as core? Triforce is going to net you ~300 health, crit chance, almost double the movespeed, a SLOW, and is going to proc stronger at ~150 instead of ~120. Lich Bane advantage is.....stronger after another 1k gold or so, and some more mana. Oh, and Triforce is useful the entire time it's being built.

Yes, my goal for Nasus is to push his viability even further back in the game.