Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

anti-mage items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thryale

08-10-2011

So, it's been said that mages can be a bit of a problem, and a lot of ppl think that the current list of anti mage items don't really cut it. This list of "useful" items(as I've heard) includes: any pure hp item; force of nature; banshees; or simply stacking negatron(correct me if I'm wrong on this one).

Here recently riot took what was supposed to be an anti mage item (wit's end) and changed it, hoping to keep it anti mage but removing an ineffective skill that really didn't hurt mages. Personally, I think wit's end is just as useless against hard core casters as it was previously.

TL;DR - Mages are annoying, current equipment seems inefficient. I have some suggestion(s) as to counteract those pesky mages.

My suggestion(s) involve using a unique and possibly controversial idea. Let's look at the first item.

Cursed Ring: sapphire crystal + mana manipulator + null magic mantle + 325.
stats:
+250 mana
+8 mana regen/5
+30 magic resist
UNIQUE Aura: all nearby enemy units have their mana/5 reduced by 10.
UNIQUE Passive: for every nearby enemy your own mana/5 is reduced by 2.

Cursed Mantle: amplifying tome + null magic mantle + negatron cloak + 475.
stats:
+40 AP
+86 magic resist
UNIQUE Aura: all nearby enemies AP is reduced by 50.
UNIQUE Passive: for each nearby enemy, your AP is reduced by 10.

As you can see, I'm using a debuff system similar to abyssal scepter. Please give me your thoughts and any constructive criticism you may have to offer. I am open to tweaking the recipes/prices/stats as would seem best.

GeminiTroll

08-10-2011

The first item would be more harmful to tanks and brawlers that are reliant on mana to be effective. Most casters get some sort of mana item (RoA, AAS, whatever) and would be able to weather reduces regeneration much more than say, Rammus or Olaf might.

As for the second, 50 AP is way too much, especially for a relatively cheap item. On a heavy AP team, you could be removing upwards of 150 AP collectively, simply by being in a teamfight. Also, with this item you could actually go into negative AP by being around the whole enemy team, and of course the enemies could easily go into negative. Then what happens, does it stay at 0 or do you actually do less damage?

Ow My Feels

08-10-2011

Wat if there's a person with 0 AP?

Thryale

08-10-2011

Well then do you have any suggestions as to improve the first item so that it is more of an anti mage item?

as for the 0 ap question, no, I don't think you should go into negatives, so you'll just stay at zero.

and if you think that 50 is too high of a debuff, do you have any numbers that would be better but still effective?

ESTEpox

08-10-2011

First, i think wits end was changed bcouse an item that drains mana can be as useless as broken depending in the situation. Broken against champions that needs mana to cast spells and useles agains thoose who dont. Yeah pretty obvious but really it was really a disable item for most champs.
And second, i think riot doesnt want items that comes with a drawbacks, at least not that literaly... The mayor ideas of drawbacks in lol would be: an item that is not cost eficient but its great, or if the item is really good for its cost but it cant be used at late game or turned into something else.
Theres no need to get to balance your ideas, if they are op or not, or if they should be that way or another, thoose items are just not suitable for lol as it is. Sry!
*(At least not the lol we are playing today)