Udyr Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Botanicar

05-08-2010

thanks alot now i pawn even more witch udyr

HowlingKommando

05-08-2010

Good Champion spotlight. Probably my favorite one so far because the overall skill level resembled more closely a real match.

It also really showed how to properly tower dive, which I think should help a lot of beginners.

Sturmhard

05-08-2010

spotlight is obsolete since udyr just got nerfed big time in the test realm.

i would've waited with this lol

WasabiCannon

05-08-2010

When I saw the soraka and shen roaming alone I already knew this was just another regular spotlight. . .

Also the other team had a veigar. LOL!

rmandraque

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphur View Post
idc if i get flamed, this is my first post but im so tired of people saying udyrs tiger stance sucks. Thats my MAIN stance, and I do great with it. Im not trying to be mean im honestly confused. Why would pheonix which is AOE be stronger than a stance MENT for 1v1. It increases your attack speed, and the DOT has killed many champions as their running away. I get pheonix at 15-18 and I target a champion with bear, "sometimes" go to turtle, but then right after I ALWAYS hit with tiger, it chunks thier health, even if they run. So for those out there that use pheonix make me understand why you ingore tiger which is his CHAMPION killer, and go right for an AOE.

and btw phreak your an amazing player but this is by far your worst video. You showed how to get to 6, but after that you just showed the ganks of a good game. And you never displayed your score at the end. Im guessing you made some mistakes here and there and you died more than you liked. Plus you completly ignored item builds, and didnt even show tiger stance. You barely mentioned it.

and more so while im at it, at lvl 18 I can kill minions quicker with tiger stance than I could with phoenix. His DPS to each minion drops them, the only thing that makes phoenix even useful is the pulses. And sorry but if theirs a Werewolf attack me, im not gona pulse him. I dont know how udyrs have bin winning all this time, but tiger is his champion killer. Its his dps, its his poison to other champions. I mean well when I say ive honestly killed many champions with the DOT tiger strike.
I play Udyr ALOT and have to say that Tiger stance does give a lot more dmg than phoenix. But Phoenix is just a better pusher stance and it therefore more usefull, and I usually end up with about 1.9 attack speed giving phoenix a significant amount of dmg pulsing very often. Because its so much more useful in for early game pushing, its hard to be picked over tiger stance early on, but that doesnt mean that you cant just stop lvling the phoenix at lvl three and then max out your tiger for late game.

I have always been intrigued by tiger stance and have tried it more as of late, ive found that leaving phoenix at lvl3 is almost as good at pushing at maxing it out, while the extra tiger stance gives you more room for late game growth as its a multiplicative stat and grows way better than phoenix.

d IWDominate

05-08-2010

hi phreak,
I hope you sift threw these posts and find this one.
Gj on making another spotlight, i understand you work very hard on these
I disagree with you on some points of udyr play, i hope you value my opinion as a high elo udyr player that has raped some games with you

firstly, whent he game starts, im not so quick to golem, i take the 3 small neutral camps, go back to heal, then take the golem with my smite at level 3, and then take the lizard while clearling out the small spawns again. I feel this is the most productive way to jungle, if you remember in the games i played with you, i was level 5 with double buffs, while you were level 6 in the solo lane, and their soloer was only level 5 too.
-3 small spawns with smite
-golem with smite
-kill 2 of the 3 small spawns that have respawned
-liz with smite
-gank at level 5(at this point, the soloers will be 5-6 and the side laners will be level 4)

Thats my comment about the jungling strategy

heres my comment on game play,
When you have golems buff, you can literally spam your spells and not care about mana. When I dive a tower, i initiate with bear form, then quicky turtle while the tower is attacking me, and then phoenix as soon as possible, this way, you get the shield from the turtle buff which shields about 1.5 tower hits, and you are constantly increasing your monkey stance. Then on your 3rd change, which is phoenix form you will be at max monkey stance (+dodge and + attack speed) and will be able to stick on the heroes easily with liz buff.

hope i helped out

Yellow Jester

05-08-2010

Free Udyr week please.

rilez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

Will this work with the Udyr nerf on the TR?

deeeekz

05-08-2010

I have played udyr as my main. Having played over 400 game with him. Here is my build, my masteries are

21 points in defense;

3 in resistance
3 in hardiness
4 evasion
1 nimbleness
3 harden skin
3 strenght of spirit
3 ardor
1 tenacity

9 points in offense;
3 archmage savvy
1 exhaust
4 sorcery
1 archaic knowledge

For the runes I go this way;

All red are attack speed (remember every 3rd shot with phoenix you do aoe cone dmg + archaic knowledge = 15% magic pen)
All yellow are dodge (nimbleness advantage)
All blue are cooldown reduction so I can switch stance faster
Quins are once again attack speed.

For my items I go:
vamp scepter (excellent with turtle stance to regain hp and never having to go back to base)
Then I go with boots of dodge (giving you extra nimbleness advantage + armor)
After that I upgrade my vamp scepter to Malady (life steal + attack speed)
Then I start building my Trinity force; usually building the hammer first, then sheen and finally the zeal to form the trinity force
If you are owning I usually go for Rylai's scepter to freeze any enemy I touch with phoenix stance + hammer = mega slow down
If your on the losing side and have a balanced team on other side I go for Guardian angel, if its mostly phys dmg I go for thornmail

Now the way I build udyr you can middle any champ with this build

I go turtle/bear/turtle/phoenix/turtle/phoenix/turtle/phoenix and you never have to go back to base with build. You can last hit creeps and when your full hp you turn phoenix on and kill all creeps giving tons of money. If you get low on health just back to the jungle and go turtle and regen your hp/mana and come back and fight fast.

With this build many people called me a bs OP champ.

Oh by the way I usually take flash/exhaust for summoner spells. Reason is when a champ is low I go bear then flash in his face with a stun, exhaust and go phoenix giving almost an instant kill.

anyways thanks for reading and keep me updated if it works for you

pz

Valkion

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
lol. Not mention of Tiger Stance AT ALL in the video.

What about my suggestion of removing Tiger Stance and giving him a real ultimate? What about something like a stance that activates all his other stances and gives them an extended passive/active duration for a brief time. Would make him more fun than just switching between three stances over and over -- you'd have to know when to use your ultimate stance and when not to.

It would be nice,
What about ULTIMATE : Dragon Stance xD