Udyr Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

astrobear

05-08-2010

this means an udyr skin is coming out soon right?
pleeease

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhutsecks View Post
These things have become a massive joke. You grab scrub Riot staff who can't play and then kill them. Most of the time it's more of a shoutcast. "Sivir gets too far out, so I use a spell and then ult her. Get on my level!" What a joke.

It honestly helps only the stupidest of players.
This one was a normal game on SR against a pug. And as far as I know, nobody on either team was very high Elo except Phreak.

niskax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2010

I was disappointed by this champion spotlight for the following reasons:

1) Udyr is a champion with a low skillcap.
He's easy-- your time would be better spent on a more difficult champion.

2) No mention of Tiger stance.
For good reason. Remove Tiger stance and give Udyr an actual ultimate.

3) Udyr must jungle.
Building him with Tier 3 flat health quints and dodge runes and 21 defense and making him jungle? I shudder to think of all the level 12 noobs suffering HUMILIATION when following this guide without 14,000 IP in runes backing them up.

4) While you mention "optional" offensive items, your gameplay shows none.
Where is Sheen? Ghostblade? Your damage output was as "persistent" as Alistar's. All your kills were KS's, save a gank on a 30% HP, 5% mana Shaco. Solo Q'ers won't have Jesse Perring et al to carry them.

Stop cranking these out without any thought or effort. You could do a lot more with these spotlights, aside from making me wonder if I even want to be on your level.

Occy

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by niskax View Post
I was disappointed by this champion spotlight for the following reasons:

1) Udyr is a champion with a low skillcap.
He's easy-- your time would be better spent on a more difficult champion.

2) No mention of Tiger stance.
For good reason. Remove Tiger stance and give Udyr an actual ultimate.

3) Udyr must jungle.
Building him with Tier 3 flat health quints and dodge runes and 21 defense and making him jungle? I shudder to think of all the level 12 noobs suffering HUMILIATION when following this guide without 14,000 IP in runes backing them up.

4) While you mention "optional" offensive items, your gameplay shows none.
Where is Sheen? Ghostblade? Your damage output was as "persistent" as Alistar's. All your kills were KS's, save a gank on a 30% HP, 5% mana Shaco. Solo Q'ers won't have Jesse Perring et al to carry them.

Stop cranking these out without any thought or effort. You could do a lot more with these spotlights, aside from making me wonder if I even want to be on your level.
Tottaly agree with this but in a more positive light.....
You've reinspired me to play Udyr, he was my first main ever and i used too get k/ds of about 30-0-10. No idea why i stopped suppose i just got bored. TY for the spotlight, it gives, let's say a different view on the way a lot of people play udyr (especially on the leaguecraft forums). You really need to go into WAAAAY more depth on your item builds if you're gonna make these spotlights. Nevertheless i will try your damage output (dps) build.

KBAK

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Greetings summoners,

Udyr, the Animal Spirit, is one of the most unique champions. Fully melee and without an actual ultimate, Udyr is a very active, position-reliant champion. He makes for a great jungler, great ganker, and all around beast. So if you want to unleash your inner animal, check out Udyr.

Check out the blog for the video and also scroll farther down for more detailed information on build, strategy, and playstyle.
It's all great but nobody says anything about Tiger stance. A champion spotlight is to cover all aspects of one champion and without TS you guys are missing 25% of Udyr's skills.

Ghostraider

05-08-2010

Quote:
Greetings summoners,

Udyr, the Animal Spirit, is one of the most unique champions. Fully melee and without an actual ultimate, Udyr is a very active, position-reliant champion. He makes for a great jungler, great ganker, and all around beast. So if you want to unleash your inner animal, check out Udyr.

Check out the blog for the video and also scroll farther down for more detailed information on build, strategy, and playstyle.
I don't see the point of this spotlight he's going get nerfed in next patch changing the build completely.

Drgron

05-08-2010

very nice, although their soraka in the first game was horrible

KUPRO

05-08-2010

Quote:
Greetings summoners,

NO!!!! Now too much people will play udyr!... Thats too bad for me =(

Stiler

05-08-2010

It'd be nice in these spoitlights if item builds were discussed.

Kadajos

05-08-2010

I just HAVE to say this....
Don't you dare removing Tiger stance... It's one of the best of his skills inflicting 2.5 time your dmg and inc your aspd by 60% and of course you can heal with it greatly (tiger then turtle and you heal your ass for quite big amount)
The item build you make in my opinion sucks (no offense man), Udyr needs aspd (malady for example) then Trinity Force and Rageblade , and you can get to 2.0 aspd with around 150 dmg and around 130 AP which can make you quite dangerous while changing from Tiger -> Phoenix -> Turtle (and sometimes Bear for stun)

It's only my opinion, I bet plenty of ppl would disagree with me but this build works great for me and im owning with it. So don't give him ult, that would be like killing him.
Best char ever in League.