Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr Champion Spotlight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaad Teh Baad

05-10-2010

Shouldnt Udyr be showing us how to play Udyr?

Devan

05-10-2010

I dodge arrows with bear stance all the time.

blacksoul178

05-10-2010

Quote:
Drekke:
okay then I guess, should I move on to his lack of armor pen? Or maybe the part where he does no damage until level 11? Oh wait, how about the fact that he put 9 points into utility so he could get greed? Or the part where he uses berserker's greaves?

i like the fact that someone who probably doesnt have the hero and prolly never (or barely never) played him thinks he knows what hes talking about

armor pen >??? if you actualy read the build , i say lower in the description , that final items to get are bloodthirster/last whisper, black cleaver/last whisper, why final items ? cause stark gives u some armor pen early along with lifesteal/IAS = better, trinity gives damage, slow, mana,health, +130 % damage, = better, nashor gives attack speed, AP (turtle shield!) and 25 % cd reduction , that gives a 4 sec cd on all skills... trinity proc ! and constant bear stance speed bonus= better,

whats wrong with zerker greaves ? attack speed is good for udyr !,

2nd, why 9 points into utility ? 4 % extra regen, 5 % extra exp , and the defensive masteries are frigging lame unless you make it a full defensive build

no damage until lvl 11 ?!?!? thats the use of +damage runes, you get attack speed items (wich are cheaper then attack damage ones), at lvl 3 you hit ~ 80 , most heroes wont hit that much b4 they reach lvl 10-12,
and yeh.... tiger is useless unless its lvl 4-5, under that level its a waste of mana, the only reason to get tiger is for the 2 second dot wich deals a ton of damage, then go back to turtle/bear, to stun/shield , regen

why attack speed ? survival and damage, ive tryed pure damage builds, its **** ,
attack faster = you leech life and mana more effectively ( life steal = your invincible), you can farm easyer , and it maxes your damage output with the attack damage runes .

try it before you QQ,
and the goal aint always to burst the ennemies down to shreds in a second,
my old build was turtle, bear, turtle , tiger, and then max turtle and tiger until both were at top , its alot less effective,alot squishyer and youll run out of mana trying to chase/escaping someone even a little bit , going turtle bear till lvl 10 , saves mana and allows your to switch to your best stances alot more often then switching twice and being totaly oom, ( sheen trinity proc !!! hello!)

if you follow this build youll see, no you wont burst the **** out of people early in game, but early in game , people will be ******ed enought to think they can kill you while your just gonna slowly destroy them taking nearly no damage,
also , turtle = win versus haras, and allows you good tanking capabilities in team fights

PastorPain

05-10-2010

I'm a Udyr user (among other champs). I usually build Malady, rageblade, Trinity (or mallet). The malady+rageblade build is definitely a decent DPS one. I have to admit that I've noticed with this typical build, Udyr doesn't have the most survivability.

I feel that Phreak's build is great if you wanna tank a bit better (assuming you already have a main tank on your team).

I'll prolly use both builds, but will make it dependent on my team's needs. It definitely makes Udyr a bit more versatile.

Thank you for the Spotlight video. It has definitely allowed me to be a lot more verstaile with Udyr.

Keller

05-11-2010

Tiger stance > Phoenix stance unless your farming or lucky. Always.

f3nyx

Recruiter

05-14-2010

That was some lame spot light. your team is completly ignoring towers. Lets talk about 3 tanks pushing 1 foe that doesnt even got a decent build. Also lease stop doing videos with a Shen on your team. this videos are like look at Shens ultimate spotlight.

MookieNJ

05-14-2010

Now that Phoenix has been nerfed can we get a new spotlight and video on how to kill the golem buff at level 1? :P

Sanatiel

Recruiter

05-14-2010

Quote:
f3nyx:
That was some lame spot light. your team is completly ignoring towers. Lets talk about 3 tanks pushing 1 foe that doesnt even got a decent build. Also lease stop doing videos with a Shen on your team. this videos are like look at Shens ultimate spotlight.

lol