Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr Champion Spotlight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pvtpain66k

Recruiter

05-09-2010

More flame.
This spotlight was disappointing. Showing one build and what a great jungler Udyr can be is great and all, but barely mentioning tiger stance is unforgivable. Previous spotlights have made me excited to play those champs, Avinia & Ezreal, in particular. With Avi free this week, I've learned I kinda suck with her, but still love he 'cause her spotlight shows how great she is, and more importantly, the versatility of her skills. I think that's where this spotlight fails, I still really wanna play Udyr, but because I've watched teammate's who exemplify how awesome he can be. I feel that THAT should be the focus of the spotlight. It should be a short video of their focuses (pusher, tank, support, ect), good rune builds, item builds, skill combos, & overall game strategy.

Nephets

05-09-2010

Quote:
blacksoul178:
personnaly , im sorry phreak , but i tested your build (without all the runes) and i can tell you , the item build , is ridiculous, udyr is a damage dealer , invincible by his shield(turtle), and the massive amounts of lifesteal/attack speed/attack damage.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/udyr-tiger-mastery-edited-1214

is my build , fully offensive, based on lifesteal/attack speed, and the attack damage runes to compensate for the lack of damage items early in game

in 3v3 , ive often been able to take on a full ennemy team and surviving it , with not much problem

in 5v5 , its a bit harder usualy cause i get positive score ~7-8 kills , 1-2 deaths , and a few assists , and then you will become the main target as your the main damage dealer

the build you sent , is stupid and worthless!! IMO BECAUSE:
Pros : in a 5v5, yes phenix allows you to farm money extremely fast, allows you to jungle pretty well ,

cons : Pheonix , is worthless in team fights , id rather get tiger and burst an easy 800 dmg over 2 secs then a 200 overall damage every 3 hits

also , yeh you farm easily , but players wont let you farm easily ( NEVER!!!!) if they let you do that , their ******ed and its a win thought

Lack of survivability, turtle early in game , allows you to farm freely , without having to bother going to town because of low mana/hp , allows you to negate all the annoying harass spells other heroes can cast on you

Bear Stance *2 at lvl 12 ???? this skill , will make the whole difference in your team , between a kill (oportunity to push, or free gold!!!) or the ennemy reaching allies , in short, 5v1 = win , 5v5 = half win
also bear stance is "THE!" chasing skill , bear, tiger, bear, first hit youll do in bear form , will stun , and do 2.5 * your damage, over 2 seconds+80 % increased damage because of sheen or 130 % because of trinity. AKA : pawn

i believe you played udyr a bit too briefly before doing this champion spotlight
exemple of the games i get with udyr :
( that is a practice game (double ladder) VS. Democracy of flying monkeys)

(dont pay attention to the masteries, their my ezrael masteries)

This build is useless and ur masteries for ez are even worst u are clearly horible at this game.

Lutias

05-09-2010

any build will be fine as long as u own with it

ChuckenNuggetz

05-09-2010

Quote:
Nephets:
This build is useless and ur masteries for ez are even worst u are clearly horible at this game.

Love when fan boys come rushing in with their stupidity, horrible grammar, and insults.

As I don't completely agree with blacksoul178 insulting Phreak's build-I do understand where he is coming from. Udyr IS a great DPS. Maybe blacksoul178 has to work on his build that in no way means he is 'horrible' at the game.

Now, I personally like Phreak's general concept for the build. Which is a really tanky disabler. I just lean more to DPS than in Phreak's build.

I, personally, get ruby crystal first. This gives me a decent HP boost. I also grab turtle stance first for survivability. Next I get Ninja Tabi for the extra dodge on top of Udyr's passive. I know many people will say Merc Treds but I do not find them that necessary with Udyr. With his bear stance/turtle stance as you run it makes him extremely hard to chase down.

After that I usually get Phage, Zeal then Sheen and, of course, turn that into Tri Force. (Some people might prefer Sheen before Zeal-that's good too. I personally like the aspd boost.)

After I usually get Madred's Bloodrazor. Why? I like the balance of aspd and damage it gives you. I then get a Sunfire cape. I like the extra survivability at this point of the game and the little bit extra DPS.
I then get Youmuu's. This helps me run people down and dish out some more damage.

Finally, this is the only item not on Phreak's build, I get Blood Thirster. Why? The extra damage makes me more useful end game at killing and pushing. This can easily be substituted with with most any high damage item.

(Note: I've been substituting the Sunfire Cape for a Rageblade recently. This might seem odd but I have found it very fun and a nice way to get some extra aspd at the cost of health.)

I do have the same Masteries as Phreak. I have ASPD runes and crit % runes instead. That's mainly because I use them for other character. I also get my skills in the same order.

Once again, this is basically Phreak's build with a little bit more damage and a different order.

Greyrir Wolfwood

Master Recruiter

05-09-2010

Tried it, not bad I must say. Still, IMO warwick is much better jungler, and much better ganker. So I am waiting for warwick champion spotlight

Thedecider

05-09-2010

udyr is so op. <insert nerf here>

trollunge

05-09-2010

I think the reasons people seem to have problems with udyr is, he's a jack of all trades master of none charecter

Tiger is for assassin
Turtle is for tank
bear is for chasing
pheonix is for pushing and minion farming.

so he's a chasing assassin that pushes minions while tanking.

to much toast not enough peanut butter.

oh and as for an ult I declare that he can only have an ult if it makes his hair glow gold and plays this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJ-x64_kgg&feature=related

Diabolic Sheep

05-09-2010

awesome! I was thinking of buying udyr and now i know if i want to and i really do!

ArcaniteReaper

05-09-2010

Quote:
trollunge:
I think the reasons people seem to have problems with udyr is, he's a jack of all trades master of none charecter

Tiger is for assassin
Turtle is for tank
bear is for chasing
pheonix is for pushing and minion farming.

so he's a chasing assassin that pushes minions while tanking.

to much toast not enough peanut butter.

oh and as for an ult I declare that he can only have an ult if it makes his hair glow gold and plays this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJ-x64_kgg&feature=related

The defender of Justice! Bang Shishigami!
But as for his stances, i think you got it spot on. I find myself switching between Tiger and Bear a lot. Pop Tiger's awesome little dot, switch to Bear and stun them. Rinse and repeat.

Sarutatsu

05-09-2010

I think what is great about Udyr is that he is so versatile. My build is heavy on attack speed and uses life steal to make me pretty unstoppable. I start by going for Berserker's Greaves, then Malady, I also use the Tiamat for splash damage and added power. Then I go for Last Whisper. I never use Phoenix stance. I destroy turrets and minions with Tiger stance. It is not a perfect build but I have had a lot of luck with it so far.