Udyr Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pvtpain66k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2010

More flame.
This spotlight was disappointing. Showing one build and what a great jungler Udyr can be is great and all, but barely mentioning tiger stance is unforgivable. Previous spotlights have made me excited to play those champs, Avinia & Ezreal, in particular. With Avi free this week, I've learned I kinda suck with her, but still love he 'cause her spotlight shows how great she is, and more importantly, the versatility of her skills. I think that's where this spotlight fails, I still really wanna play Udyr, but because I've watched teammate's who exemplify how awesome he can be. I feel that THAT should be the focus of the spotlight. It should be a short video of their focuses (pusher, tank, support, ect), good rune builds, item builds, skill combos, & overall game strategy.

Nephets

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksoul178 View Post
personnaly , im sorry phreak , but i tested your build (without all the runes) and i can tell you , the item build , is ridiculous, udyr is a damage dealer , invincible by his shield(turtle), and the massive amounts of lifesteal/attack speed/attack damage.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ry-edited-1214

is my build , fully offensive, based on lifesteal/attack speed, and the attack damage runes to compensate for the lack of damage items early in game

in 3v3 , ive often been able to take on a full ennemy team and surviving it , with not much problem

in 5v5 , its a bit harder usualy cause i get positive score ~7-8 kills , 1-2 deaths , and a few assists , and then you will become the main target as your the main damage dealer

the build you sent , is stupid and worthless!! IMO BECAUSE:
Pros : in a 5v5, yes phenix allows you to farm money extremely fast, allows you to jungle pretty well ,

cons : Pheonix , is worthless in team fights , id rather get tiger and burst an easy 800 dmg over 2 secs then a 200 overall damage every 3 hits

also , yeh you farm easily , but players wont let you farm easily ( NEVER!!!!) if they let you do that , their ******ed and its a win thought

Lack of survivability, turtle early in game , allows you to farm freely , without having to bother going to town because of low mana/hp , allows you to negate all the annoying harass spells other heroes can cast on you

Bear Stance *2 at lvl 12 ???? this skill , will make the whole difference in your team , between a kill (oportunity to push, or free gold!!!) or the ennemy reaching allies , in short, 5v1 = win , 5v5 = half win
also bear stance is "THE!" chasing skill , bear, tiger, bear, first hit youll do in bear form , will stun , and do 2.5 * your damage, over 2 seconds+80 % increased damage because of sheen or 130 % because of trinity. AKA : pawn

i believe you played udyr a bit too briefly before doing this champion spotlight
exemple of the games i get with udyr :
( that is a practice game (double ladder) VS. Democracy of flying monkeys)
*******http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/blacksoul178/udyrpawn.png********
(dont pay attention to the masteries, their my ezrael masteries)
This build is useless and ur masteries for ez are even worst u are clearly horible at this game.

Lutias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2010

any build will be fine as long as u own with it

ChuckenNuggetz

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
This build is useless and ur masteries for ez are even worst u are clearly horible at this game.
Love when fan boys come rushing in with their stupidity, horrible grammar, and insults.

As I don't completely agree with blacksoul178 insulting Phreak's build-I do understand where he is coming from. Udyr IS a great DPS. Maybe blacksoul178 has to work on his build that in no way means he is 'horrible' at the game.

Now, I personally like Phreak's general concept for the build. Which is a really tanky disabler. I just lean more to DPS than in Phreak's build.

I, personally, get ruby crystal first. This gives me a decent HP boost. I also grab turtle stance first for survivability. Next I get Ninja Tabi for the extra dodge on top of Udyr's passive. I know many people will say Merc Treds but I do not find them that necessary with Udyr. With his bear stance/turtle stance as you run it makes him extremely hard to chase down.

After that I usually get Phage, Zeal then Sheen and, of course, turn that into Tri Force. (Some people might prefer Sheen before Zeal-that's good too. I personally like the aspd boost.)

After I usually get Madred's Bloodrazor. Why? I like the balance of aspd and damage it gives you. I then get a Sunfire cape. I like the extra survivability at this point of the game and the little bit extra DPS.
I then get Youmuu's. This helps me run people down and dish out some more damage.

Finally, this is the only item not on Phreak's build, I get Blood Thirster. Why? The extra damage makes me more useful end game at killing and pushing. This can easily be substituted with with most any high damage item.

(Note: I've been substituting the Sunfire Cape for a Rageblade recently. This might seem odd but I have found it very fun and a nice way to get some extra aspd at the cost of health.)

I do have the same Masteries as Phreak. I have ASPD runes and crit % runes instead. That's mainly because I use them for other character. I also get my skills in the same order.

Once again, this is basically Phreak's build with a little bit more damage and a different order.

Greyrir Wolfwood

Master Recruiter

05-09-2010

Tried it, not bad I must say. Still, IMO warwick is much better jungler, and much better ganker. So I am waiting for warwick champion spotlight

Thedecider

05-09-2010

udyr is so op. <insert nerf here>

trollunge

05-09-2010

I think the reasons people seem to have problems with udyr is, he's a jack of all trades master of none charecter

Tiger is for assassin
Turtle is for tank
bear is for chasing
pheonix is for pushing and minion farming.

so he's a chasing assassin that pushes minions while tanking.

to much toast not enough peanut butter.

oh and as for an ult I declare that he can only have an ult if it makes his hair glow gold and plays this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJ-x...eature=related

Diabolic Sheep

05-09-2010

awesome! I was thinking of buying udyr and now i know if i want to and i really do!

ArcaniteReaper

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollunge View Post
I think the reasons people seem to have problems with udyr is, he's a jack of all trades master of none charecter

Tiger is for assassin
Turtle is for tank
bear is for chasing
pheonix is for pushing and minion farming.

so he's a chasing assassin that pushes minions while tanking.

to much toast not enough peanut butter.

oh and as for an ult I declare that he can only have an ult if it makes his hair glow gold and plays this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJ-x...eature=related
The defender of Justice! Bang Shishigami!
But as for his stances, i think you got it spot on. I find myself switching between Tiger and Bear a lot. Pop Tiger's awesome little dot, switch to Bear and stun them. Rinse and repeat.

Sarutatsu

05-09-2010

I think what is great about Udyr is that he is so versatile. My build is heavy on attack speed and uses life steal to make me pretty unstoppable. I start by going for Berserker's Greaves, then Malady, I also use the Tiamat for splash damage and added power. Then I go for Last Whisper. I never use Phoenix stance. I destroy turrets and minions with Tiger stance. It is not a perfect build but I have had a lot of luck with it so far.