Udyr Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blacksoul178

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

personnaly , im sorry phreak , but i tested your build (without all the runes) and i can tell you , the item build , is ridiculous, udyr is a damage dealer , invincible by his shield(turtle), and the massive amounts of lifesteal/attack speed/attack damage.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ry-edited-1214

is my build , fully offensive, based on lifesteal/attack speed, and the attack damage runes to compensate for the lack of damage items early in game

in 3v3 , ive often been able to take on a full ennemy team and surviving it , with not much problem

in 5v5 , its a bit harder usualy cause i get positive score ~7-8 kills , 1-2 deaths , and a few assists , and then you will become the main target as your the main damage dealer

the build you sent , is stupid and worthless!! IMO BECAUSE:
Pros : in a 5v5, yes phenix allows you to farm money extremely fast, allows you to jungle pretty well ,

cons : Pheonix , is worthless in team fights , id rather get tiger and burst an easy 800 dmg over 2 secs then a 200 overall damage every 3 hits

also , yeh you farm easily , but players wont let you farm easily ( NEVER!!!!) if they let you do that , their ******ed and its a win thought

Lack of survivability, turtle early in game , allows you to farm freely , without having to bother going to town because of low mana/hp , allows you to negate all the annoying harass spells other heroes can cast on you

Bear Stance *2 at lvl 12 ???? this skill , will make the whole difference in your team , between a kill (oportunity to push, or free gold!!!) or the ennemy reaching allies , in short, 5v1 = win , 5v5 = half win
also bear stance is "THE!" chasing skill , bear, tiger, bear, first hit youll do in bear form , will stun , and do 2.5 * your damage, over 2 seconds+80 % increased damage because of sheen or 130 % because of trinity. AKA : pawn

i believe you played udyr a bit too briefly before doing this champion spotlight
exemple of the games i get with udyr :
( that is a practice game (double ladder) VS. Democracy of flying monkeys)
*******http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/blacksoul178/udyrpawn.png********
(dont pay attention to the masteries, their my ezrael masteries)

MaatiSan

05-08-2010

No offense but terrible udyr build, can't carry, and is only a semi tank with full tank items. Smite is useless late game and a udyr that can't put out life steal damage in turtle mode is an inefficient tank. The only thing good about this build is early game farming, and ganking using locket. Cleanse + ghost with jungling at lvl 5 is much better than straight jungle weak late game smite.

tEhAJ

05-08-2010

very cool, keep um commin riot

AnyOtherEnemy

05-08-2010

I am disappointed that Phreak focused on just getting buffs instead of commenting on the stances and how to use them. Never mentioned Tiger stance or effective bear stance use, and a very confusing use of phoenix stance for single target dps (WTF?). Yes, Udyr is a good jungler, but jungling is not the end all be all or even the most important by far on SR.

Keller

05-08-2010

I hate to say it, but i strongly disagree with the item build, skill build, and even playstyle. In my opinion, phoenix stance is relatively under powered, and when you see what a well build tiger stance can do, you'll see why. Udyr shouldn't be built like a tank or support, (i.e. aegis) but as meele dps.

garmon

05-08-2010

i wanna buy udyr so what can you recomend me to do first with him

blacksoul178

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

i recommend you look at the build i posted up there, and learn to play him defensive early game

iaeuy

05-08-2010

Wow, this spotlight is a massive improvement to the previous ones <3
Shows good teamplay footage, Udyr's potential while not just showing "lul he owns when fed," and how to jungle. Good stuff.

A Kat spotlight would be cool btw. Katarina is one of the few heroes out there that when you watch good players you can help but go "ho snap that was a good play."

Commander

05-08-2010

i love udyr

ram9n

05-08-2010

wow, he didnt say he will probably get to my level once :/
guess i am switching to weedlords spotlights