Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good heroes for beginners?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MegaMarko

Recruiter

08-10-2011

So far my favorite character is Brand. I have tried the melee fighters but I never have any luck. So what would you all recommend?

redeux

08-10-2011

Any of the free champs that you like. Personally my favorite on this weeks rotation is Ashe, though I do plan to try out Brand at some point (never got around to him in the past).

CrownRocks

08-10-2011

Cho'Gath if your team needs something tankier.

You will pick him up rather easily.

Chumbalaya

08-10-2011

Well, if you like Brand, play him. Sure, he's expensive, but you can easily get 6300 IP within 2 weeks.

Other champions with a similar style (combo-based AP casters) would be Annie, Ryze, Malzahar and Morgana, among others.

TommyGun43

08-10-2011

if u wana try a fighter i suggest master yi hes cheap and verry good in my opinion

Mezura

08-10-2011

I honestly had the same experience with brand, I'm just starting out and found I picked him up rather easy and enjoyed his abilities a great deal. I tend to like caster types but what I like most on brand is that he is somewhat of a skirmisher in the way I play him, using the ap combo's on groups to guard turrets now and again and to do hit and runs with the stun you can perform with sear.

SaltyMcHaggiss

08-10-2011

If you're looking for a beginner friendly hero, I'd suggest malphite. For something similar to brand... annie is only 450 IP now, and she has incredible burst, and cassiopeia is also a good champ to learn if you like the long range harass/combo aspects of brand, though she does cost 6300 and is difficult to pick up

EpicFrogNinja

08-10-2011

Do not get master yi as your first because he actually needs some experience to not die painfully. If you're looking for a mage, Annie and Nunu are great and cheap first champs.

Xinful

08-10-2011

I played Ryze for my first character (he was free) and liked his play style so when I bought the bundle, I also played Annie (which is also very fun and similar in playstyle). Because I played and own those tow, I haven't tried Brand yet (but I will tonight).

I have also been meaning to try Cho'Gath. So I might do that tonight as well.

Ashe is awesome. She was off rotation when I started, but with SO many people saying how easy she is to play and after watching a couple of vids, I decided to just buy her with my IP and she is a GREAT starting champion in my opinion (particularly if you like ranged). No buyers remorse here!!!

RedneckHick

08-10-2011

Dr. Mundo, because he is very durable, his w ablility reduces stuns and taunts, and his ultimate heals him for 50% health and is on a short cooldown. He is who i have started out all my new friends on in the game. I would suggest first two items to be boots and Spirit Visage, found under the Defense-Health or Defense Magic Resist Tabs. Have fun, enjoy getting started on one of the best games ever!