Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Starting Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zugal

08-12-2011

Gp5, Items I dont think so as they take along time to pay themselves off, and the games are generally short.

As For starting items, I think Boots most people will buy for faster travel time to capture points, and 900 gold items and tier one boots..

MalHeartsNutmeg

08-12-2011

I really like the idea of starting with a Brut on AD champs. It's a powerful early game item, and you can't get much earlier than minute 1.

Magic pen, a decent amount of AD, and some CDR at level 3 is pretty neat. Imagine someone like Garen with a Brut 1 point in Q and 2 in E charging at you. :P

Proto Olimar

08-12-2011

screw items, I'm getting 80 potions.

DarkCrown

08-12-2011

Quote:
P0uet:
Sorcerers first and go for ownage

Great idea, I think I'd start with that on Malz or boots + blastic wand and potions ofc

The Null Revolt

08-12-2011

I am almost thinking Red and blue crystal for casters, zeal no boots for already good MS champs like pirate or someone similar, and brutalizer for tankier people who it will be better for because they can't just be bursted down, and big mana regen on healers and support.

Whitemage82

08-12-2011

Warden's Mail sounds great out the gate.

Casus125

08-12-2011

Quote:
Anguish:
Warden's Mail sounds great out the gate.

I was actually thinking the same, take the hit on speed, but 350 would probably come within the first 3 minutes, and a given the pace it doesn't seem unexpected that you may have to take a blue pill back after a really early team fight for middle.

Edit: On another note, I think this might actually be a place for the newer tenacity items to shine. I can see boots of swiftness / mobility being far, far, more valuable on this map, while still requiring the effects of tenacity. Given a mild consensus that current tenacity items are decent early/mid-game items. It would be interesting to see if it actually plays out that way.

Also

Alistar start: Boots, Kindlegem, Faerie Charm (1380, but hey!)