Starting Items

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommanderFarsite

08-10-2011

an immediate catalyst the protector would definetly be popular, I love the sustain it gives you, and sustain is supposed to be important in dominion, so i could see it

iLikeSushi

08-10-2011

This is what I think based only on current items in the game:

For tanks: boots + HoG + potions
For support: boots + philo stone + potions
For AD carries: boots + long sword + red elixir + green elixir + potions
For AP carries: sorc boots + (blue elixir or potions)

Jaystander

08-10-2011

As far as I know Elixirs are not going to be in the game and neither is Madreds for whoever mentioned that. Oh and no snowballs either.

That being said I can't really see Gold per 10 items because the amount of gold you gain is supposed to go up a lot and you would really want an early game advantage as opposed to a late game advantage in a map that could go very short. I would say boots, would be sort of #1, I would like to try mobility and see how well that goes for me. I could also see some straight up defense/offense, for some people I would prolly go with boots then work on Catalyst or Boots and Blasting Wand.

DuckOfOregon

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowofAiur View Post
you could start with madreds razors and boots for quick minion pushes although I dont know how important that will be. I'm thinking sorc shoes may be popular on most casters seeing as the opposition will be going right for some mr
no Madreds Razor on Dom :3

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowofAiur View Post
you could start with madreds razors and boots for quick minion pushes although I dont know how important that will be. I'm thinking sorc shoes may be popular on most casters seeing as the opposition will be going right for some mr
I could swear I heard that Madred's razors weren't in Dominion.

Johndevl

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
I could swear I heard that Madred's razors weren't in Dominion.
They're not. Neither are wards. Which makes me wonder what the heck is going to happen with Wriggle's Lantern. It's not listed as a restricted item. Also, elixers will not be available in Dominion.

Sifotes, a Zeal+Vamp scepter would cost over 1600, you wont be starting with that. And you'll definitely want to start with boots on every champ, as you just can't afford to give up points because you couldn't get there in time.

I already have my strategy though. Rammus. Boots of mobility. Promote a minion, then ghost+powerball to the top center point, grabbing the health buff on the way. Take two levels in taunt, so if they arrive before a teammate does, you can taunt them into the turret for about 2 shots. 1 teammate comes top mid with you to hold that point, one teammate grabs top left, 2 teammates grab bot left. If you have a shaco or a support with CV you can control the map enough that you can have 3 people top mid with 2 bot left, and they cant pass you top mid to get to your top left point. You won't need to leave anyone there. If they send more than two to contest bot left, take top right as a 3v2. Seems like a pretty solid strat to me.

Ez0 Prush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

I would bank on people getting an early Sheen/Brutalizer/Phage/Hextech. Or going with Boots and Blasting Wand/Pick Axe/Chain Vest/Negatron Cloak.

Tuscarora Blaze

08-10-2011

for a nuke a blasting wand + boots would be powerful

Ellye

08-10-2011

Sheen will be a popular one for characters that benefit from it, like Poppy, Nasus, Akali and such.

Digigigas

08-10-2011

zeal + health pots