Presenting the Summoner's Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riteaid

05-07-2010

sorry i yell but i hate when 12 yearolds kill me

Terrorstrike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

This code is almost perfect, but it is missing one minor detail.

------------------------------------------------------------
10. The netiquette of Surrender Votes
I will not surrender responsibility for my life and my actions.
J. Enoch Powell

Sometimes you will feel like the game is tilting in the favour of your opponents. Other times you will feel discouraged by the fact that you cannot contribute to victory. Remember that more often than not, a single summoner cannot bring success to the team, but can be more than capable of lending an important role to team conflicts.

Due to this, a wise and empathic summoner will realise when his team does not, in fact, wish to relinquish the conflict. Try to be reasonable; sitting on your fountain consistently complaining and constantly repeating surrender votes is NOT considered mature or good etiquette, least of all when you aren't attempting to contribute to a victory.

It's never too late to get back in the game and enjoy yourself.
------------------------------------------------------------

Tornado Kid

05-07-2010

Thou shall bend to ty code!

I think Lol has already a great community and if a little more people would follow "thy code", then it would be a awesome community!

Verve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2010

I agree with this code.

Exitwounds

05-07-2010

Fix the matchmaking system and I will be more inclined to help my teammates rather than babysit them.

Good set of guidelines, none the less.

Grake

05-07-2010

I'm sure it sounds odd getting a negative comment, but i guess ill take the stand.

I know ultimately, riot is the governing force for rules in this game, and while this code shows your involvement by outlining an ideal attitude that you yourself monitor, it seems to favor the previous feeling I've had where you, the company, sit back and let the game run through it's own rules as an ochlocracy.

I'm completely up for being conscious of our own decisions, don't get me wrong. As for the most part, I've succeeded in following my own morals, which do pertain to yours. We're glad you put this up, but I find the only problem with this post is that as I read it, I knew that only those who had already previously believed in sportsmanship and courtesy will put the effort into leafing through this.

I feel like your involvement in controlling the community should be a little heavier. I've twice reported incredibly poor sportsmanship since I started playing. The first one involved a teammate shouting our teams locations at all times to further wreck our chances. The second, which involved a great screenshot, shows an opponent completely belittle us in end-game chat, with COMPLETE disregard to any former unwritten code, which in some form must've existed. Both times I reported these, I received a complementary email which could be summed up to basically say "Stop complaining, it was a remote incident"

I don't dislike you, riot team. I enjoy the game, i enjoy the community, but your involvement aside from promoting releases seem's a little too dim. You let the unwanted, rude community run amok and wreck the experience for many people. However, you refused to take any action, so i leave it to the public to decide if it's acceptable.

Consider this my polite attempt at driving constructive feedback, and i apologize for being rude.

tl;dr: More punishable action is required, i'm upset you don't impose any. This is a picture of what riot considered unpunishable actions.

Exitwounds

05-07-2010

Player like this^^^^ should be banned.

There is no need for warning, its common human courtesy. If you can't contain yourself when you get upset, you should be working on it outside of a game.

paumo

05-07-2010

almost everytime i try to be helpful ppl tell me to stfu and bla bla start raging. i dont want to help ppl and if ppl start talking to me im going to talk back. sometimes i ignore and sometimes i dont but this code is ridiculous.

Zidane

05-07-2010

Under "Drive Constructive Feedback" it has the same few sentences twice, I posted it in a general discussion thread so it could be edited quicker, but I'll post it here too.

Drive Constructive Feedback

“When you confront a problem you begin to solve it.” -Rudy Giuliani
Player feedback is an important force in the decision making process of Riot Games. If you want to make your voice heard, taking the time to let us know how you’re feeling about the game is a good place to start. When you give feedback, make sure you take a holistic approach. If you only give negative feedback, you may find that the changes you influence detract from what you initially enjoyed. Moreover, people are simply more likely to listen if you present yourself in a calm, well thought out manner.

That being said, don’t be afraid to tell us if you feel strongly, and why. Try to be straightforward, specific, and always try to make your feedback direct and concise. For instance, saying something along the lines of:

“I used to love playing Katarina because her skills give her high mobility in lane, but with the latest nerfs to Death Lotus, I no longer feel like I have a strong enough presence in team fights to be viable. I don’t think that I’m going to be playing Kat in the future unless she undergoes some revisions.”

Is a much better way of expressing your dismay at a patch than beginning with an irate tirade, then asking for changes to be reverted or attempting to force an your alternate solution. Remember that we’re listening and making changes every couple of weeks, so, with a little patience, you may find that your issues will be worked themselves out. Is a much better way of expressing your dismay at a patch than beginning with an irate tirade, then asking for changes to be reverted or attempting to force an alternate solution. Remember that we’re listening and making changes every couple of weeks, so, with a little patience, you may find that your issues will work themselves out.

Bolded text is what needs to be removed.

Chaplain Erebus

05-07-2010

Great code!

Now I can't help but ask the question as to when we're going to have access to more Rune Pages so we can "support the team" since, according to you, it starts with Champion Select. Just saying.

Translation: The player base wants more Rune Pages.

That is all. =)