What will happen to the Twisted Treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

08-10-2011

^Question in above.^

What will happen to the Twisted Treeline? It already is a minority map, where not every character is viable, and some characters are overly powerful, leading them to be nerfed in Summoner's Rift.

Example- Dr. Mundo.

With all the differences we're going to see in the Crystal Scar, regarding items, starting levels, and gold, do you think some of these changes could be transferred to the Treeline? Right now, Tanky DPS rule the Treeline, leaving very little room for other fighters, particurally slow mages like Veigar. AP tanks, such as Galio are also very disadvantaged. It's impossible to balance by champions however, thanks to the popularity of Summoner's Rift, so other solutions must be found.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a more team based Control the Point based combat. When Dominion is released, you can bet I'll be there to try it out! I'm worried that with the hype and the awesomeness of the Dominion patch, the innate problems Twisted Treeline might be ignored. With the technologies being put into the Crystar Scar, I wonder if it is possible to adapt it to the Twisted Treeline.

For instance, some items found in the Treeline could be removed or replaced in order to slow the dominance of Tanky DPS. To increase the speed of the matches, players could once more have more starting gold, as well as increased levels entering the match. There are quite a few possibilities that are being unleashed by Dominion.

But enough suggestions and babble from me.

What is your opinion on the current, and future state of the Twisted Treeline?

Wasselin

08-10-2011

I think dominion could help Twisted Treeline. Wouldn't they kind of favor the same kind of champions? Some of the items and buffs they put in Dominion could help balance Twisted Treeline for many different characters.

I think just adding some different items to the shop in Twisted Treeline could help champions who don't find the map favorable and it looks like they have already been working on those kinds of items for Dominion.

Birdy51

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasselin View Post
I think dominion could help Twisted Treeline. Wouldn't they kind of favor the same kind of champions? Some of the items and buffs they put in Dominion could help balance Twisted Treeline for many different characters.

I think just adding some different items to the shop in Twisted Treeline could help champions who don't find the map favorable and it looks like they have already been working on those kinds of items for Dominion.
I agree with you entirely. You can't balance a champion for one map, but you might be able change the items and buffs that appear on that map. These changes probably won't happen any time soon due to several projects and time constraints, but as a long-term goal, I would love to see the Twisted Treeline be a much smoother map.

Thanks for your reply.

Yaezakura

08-11-2011

I also agree with Wasselin. Dominion, which is focused on smaller skirmish-style battles, will give Riot a lot of experience balancing things out with those things in mind. So if they're willing to make the kind of changes to item availability and perhaps other things like global auras for Twisted Treeline that they're implementing in The Crystal Scar, it could go a long way to opening the map up to more balanced play, which would lead to more players enjoying it.

Zhupons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Considering they are trying to balance CS with SR through items let's hope they adapt this to TT.

Let's hope banshee gets replaced and items like Warmog that make mundo for example pretty much unkilable amongst other changes.

Maybe after we will be able to run a team with a tank, a mage and a ranged ad and be viable. I do enjoy the classic mode in a fast passed way with ganks going on all the time but right now you're team need to be 3 tanks/tanky.

So let's hope champions like singed or jax get a little cap through item twists in TT map

Kiddalee

08-11-2011

Treeline has its problems. I myself wonder if some of Dominion's features can be applied to Treeline. Right now, Treeline favours early game Champs, but Dominion has safeguards against this. But I can't say much without playing first.

Zeta

08-11-2011

There are plans to alter the TT shop to be more like Dominion and less tanky-DPS focused, and to also revamp TT's layout so that characters with walljumps are less powerful.

xDMurph

08-11-2011

I like TT how it is though when ever i play it i play as the OP Xin Zhao

xDMurph

08-11-2011

I Like TT how it is but i also play only Xin Zhao

Rede3med Riven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

i loved 3v3 i can do it again but i dont know whats going to happen
:O