Q&A - New Rune System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haljegh

10-28-2009

I still don't have any runes. can't find out how to get them.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-28-2009

Runes will be activated again on the 17th.

NoobSchoolBus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfere View Post
mtgo isn't random, just give a lot of customisation. The runes do the same job here. The thing that is good about it, and is true even in MTGO is that you will never be IMBA, there will always be a build that counter you, since people can pretty much come up with anything.
darn i want my arcbound ravanger/ disple of the vault rune combo :P

Brad

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Q:

Q: Will I be able to switch rune sets quickly or do I need to change runes manually before every game?
A: You will be able to save 3 "sets" of runes that can be switched to quickly before a game.
Changed now right, but is there going to be a charge for extra pages?

Also, on a sidequestion, will Masteries be able to be switched quickly?

Larias

Adjudicator

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Changed now right, but is there going to be a charge for extra pages?

Also, on a sidequestion, will Masteries be able to be switched quickly?
Mastery switching isn't a high priority right now because most people can do it in 10-15 seconds in the launch screen. It's something Riot eventually will do, though. Don't know if they're going to charge for it.

Yeah, for some reason, we only have 2 sets of rune pages now. May we unlock another one at 30? I guess we'll know more on the 17th.

Also, my IRL name is Brad

Ghostlord

11-07-2009

Are we not still in Beta? If so, there is no button called "Get Runes". Quite frustrating. Can someone please tell me how I can get runes? Have been asking around for a few days and no one seems to have the right answer... Thanks!

eXes

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlord View Post
Are we not still in Beta? If so, there is no button called "Get Runes". Quite frustrating. Can someone please tell me how I can get runes? Have been asking around for a few days and no one seems to have the right answer... Thanks!

This "Get runes" button was just a temporary solution to get runes in the beta. You have to buy the runes in the store now, but the store had some problems and so got post poned. Should came back online around the 17th of november.

And we are not in beta anymore :P

Ennyn Messor

11-07-2009

You can't use or get runes yet, it will be available 10 days from now, on 17th.

Kaitor

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlord View Post
The game was released on past 27th. But the store will be up on the 17th.

You will be able to buy runes with IP at the stores.

Ghostlord

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXes View Post
This "Get runes" button was just a temporary solution to get runes in the beta. You have to buy the runes in the store now, but the store had some problems and so got post poned. Should came back online around the 17th of november.

And we are not in beta anymore :P
Thanks so much for the response. Was very confused lol

Will look forward to gettin some runes