Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Q&A - New Rune System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

micha

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

he will eat you all

cwatz

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Great post and even better picture.

HunteR

Banned

07-10-2009

i can smell it

Larias

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Updated.

Sayan

Recruiter

07-11-2009

Very nice, I kinda still need some help with this but am getting the hang of it...

Good job Larias...

Wappo

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

Tried asking this in another thread but got no reply.

Was wondering if the rune system was working. I have tried an Ability Power build and got no increase in Ability Power in game. Had the same results with an HP build.

I did notice, however, that I had a higher amount of HP while using my Critical Damage build...

I'd like to guess that the pages are getting mixed up but after using all three pages I still haven't seen an increase in Ability Power.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

There is definitely some bug in it, because I made an AP build but got nothing out of it, and no decreased cooldowns.

PiousFlea

The Council

07-12-2009

The runes seem to be broken in that they are averaging the effects of runes, not adding them up.

When I go into the runebook and put in a +35.89 mana quintessence, the box on the right says "+35.89 Mana".

When then put in a +13.46 Mana rune, the box on the right now says "+24.67 Mana". This is exactly the average of 35.89 and 13.46.

This happens for any given combination of runes with the same effect - the box on the right shows an average effect, not a sum.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-12-2009

None of the quintessences work.

If you stack runes of the same type, they don't stack.

The error where they average the buffs is a *display error* on the rune page.

In game, any buffs that are not run speed, mana regen, and I think something else (i forget) that you did not have multiples of should work.

Mike

Recruiter

07-12-2009

Ya besides the buggyness of the runes which will eventually get fixed I have a question about the rune combiner. Is the current set up of combining runes to get a random result going to stay? Is it actually some random result? I know 5 of Lvl 2 gets lvl 3 for instance. However if you put 2 level 3's together of a similiar type and ability shouldn't you then get something similiar back in return? Like if you get +X mana and +Xmana/regen how can that turn into something that gives you like +dodge or +armor something like that.