Q&A - New Rune System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

micha

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

*******http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2268/2128876897_6f2c8dd0bb.jpg?v=0********

he will eat you all

cwatz

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Great post and even better picture.

HunteR

Banned

07-10-2009

i can smell it

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Updated.

Sayan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2009

Very nice, I kinda still need some help with this but am getting the hang of it...

Good job Larias...

Wappo

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

Tried asking this in another thread but got no reply.

Was wondering if the rune system was working. I have tried an Ability Power build and got no increase in Ability Power in game. Had the same results with an HP build.

I did notice, however, that I had a higher amount of HP while using my Critical Damage build...

I'd like to guess that the pages are getting mixed up but after using all three pages I still haven't seen an increase in Ability Power.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

There is definitely some bug in it, because I made an AP build but got nothing out of it, and no decreased cooldowns.

PiousFlea

The Council

07-12-2009

The runes seem to be broken in that they are averaging the effects of runes, not adding them up.

When I go into the runebook and put in a +35.89 mana quintessence, the box on the right says "+35.89 Mana".

When then put in a +13.46 Mana rune, the box on the right now says "+24.67 Mana". This is exactly the average of 35.89 and 13.46.

This happens for any given combination of runes with the same effect - the box on the right shows an average effect, not a sum.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-12-2009

None of the quintessences work.

If you stack runes of the same type, they don't stack.

The error where they average the buffs is a *display error* on the rune page.

In game, any buffs that are not run speed, mana regen, and I think something else (i forget) that you did not have multiples of should work.

Mike

Adjudicator

07-12-2009

Ya besides the buggyness of the runes which will eventually get fixed I have a question about the rune combiner. Is the current set up of combining runes to get a random result going to stay? Is it actually some random result? I know 5 of Lvl 2 gets lvl 3 for instance. However if you put 2 level 3's together of a similiar type and ability shouldn't you then get something similiar back in return? Like if you get +X mana and +Xmana/regen how can that turn into something that gives you like +dodge or +armor something like that.