Q&A - New Rune System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vraze

09-12-2010

thanks this really helped

LaPerrita

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

[QUOTE=Larias;759]

Q: If red is offensive, yellow is defensive, and blue is caster stats, what happens to my 9 wasted slots if I don't want one of them?
A: You can find runes of weaker stats (for example, a 5hp blue rune instead of the 15hp yellow rune) if you are only interested in stacking certain stats. While they are weaker, it does give additional customization.

Can't seem to find those 15 hp yellow runes, nor the 5hp blue ones... typo? Honest mistake? Or some older version patch?... Hopefully upcoming version...

Falsoo

09-21-2010

can i merge 5 tier 3 runes to get a new tier 3 rune more powerfull?

SmokinDank

09-22-2010

Riddle me this.
I noticed in the game, the greek numeral prefix 'penta' is used for pentakill skins, which means five.
Quint is also the latin numeral prefix for five, used in quintessence. However, in the rune book, there are only four rune types, quintessence being the fourth but with a name that implies there being a fifth.
Quintessence is also the fifth essence, or element, some cultures.
So what I'd like to know is, where is the fifth rune slot?

Urushiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Actually I didn't know about upgrading runes before, thanks

Jasonite

09-24-2010

Where do you put Quintessences? I can't find the slot, yet it says they're usable at level 1

StabbedYou

09-28-2010

can any1 answer me how I can exchange my runes I over-bought 3 red runes for my rune book, is it possible for me trade them back in so I can get yellow or blue runes?

Shuriken13

10-11-2010

Quote:
Q: How do you earn runes?
A: You can purchase runes from the store in-game. From levels 1-10, you can only use Tier 1 runes. From levels 11-20, you can only use Tier 1 and Tier 12 runes. From levels 21-30, you can use any tier runes.
Tier 12 runes?

Cantor

10-16-2010

whoa when did larias go blue instead of green?

kornatan

10-22-2010

i tought this runes guide will help me with the new increases and decreases runes