How to lane against a Blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoopasTroopa

11-03-2012

What can you do? Seriously, he runs past the minions, pull, pop-up, silence, DEAD. How do you face a Blitz in lane earlygame? I seriously for the life of me cannot figure it out. I have him banned every draft game, and I will not play blind picks anymore because of him. What can you do to stop a Blitz?

SynchronicltY

11-03-2012

Dodge the hook then fight.

Play adcs with dash/blink moves, pick ali, leona support.

Shangetsu

11-03-2012

Your support should always ward both bushes and the river.
If you're an adc make sure there's always a minion between you and blitz and if you see him trying something, just fall back.

If you are more experienced you can pretty much bait him to use the hook and then dodge it. Once Blitz's hook miss you got 10-15 seconds where he'll be pretty much useless so you can use that time to push the lane or harass.

Once he hit level 6 you have to be a little more warry since he should be able to make your life a pain if you do not position yourself well even without his hook so initiating a fight against Blitz and a carry without any CC have good chance to be in his favor.

The trick against Blitz is to play carefull. Do not take risk and play safely. If there's a common trait to most Blitz players it's that they are more inclined to do mistake and take risk themselves, you just have to use that at your advantage.
Obviously a champion that can dodge the hook easy is prefered (Like Grave or Ez)

ViashinoWizard

11-03-2012

Sivir is another champ that does well against Blitz if your reactions are good.

Therapistfor200

11-04-2012

As viegar i was unable to move fast enough to dodge his grab/pull, But i agree with Synchro.... you GOTTA dodge his pull, first and foremost. I'd say pick a fast moving champion, i usually have no problem with blitz untill i played viegar...boy i got owned. Also be prepared to see blitz get a little tanky, just whittle him down over time if he gets tanky. Eventually you can get him down.

Hirumonogatari

11-04-2012

as a blitz player, the best way to counter blitz is to have another aggressive support like leona or alistar. pair this with an aggressive laner like draven or tristana and you'll be zoning blitz instead of him zoning you.

if he lands a hook on the support, you just got a free initiate. if he lands a hook on your adc, the aggressive support must immediately go after the enemy adc. blitz by himself attacks slowly and has pretty bad damage without burst, so use that to your advantage and take out the enemy adc.

BasicFortune

06-20-2014

ggwp

Morsigil

06-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirumonogatari View Post
as a blitz player, the best way to counter blitz is to have another aggressive support like leona or alistar. pair this with an aggressive laner like draven or tristana and you'll be zoning blitz instead of him zoning you.

if he lands a hook on the support, you just got a free initiate. if he lands a hook on your adc, the aggressive support must immediately go after the enemy adc. blitz by himself attacks slowly and has pretty bad damage without burst, so use that to your advantage and take out the enemy adc.
This. As a Tristana player, Blitz often tries to go very aggressive and you can punish him for this. Since the ADC is going to try to stay away from my explosive shot, and he's going to try to get on the other side of the creep to grab you, I just keep throwing them on Blitz coupled with an AA.

If the ADC tries to help he has to walk through their creep generally and is essentially alone because you've got your creep between yourself and blitz, so you get free damage on them. Eventually either blitz burns all his pots and is too weak to engage/zone effectively or the ADC over extends and you get a kill on one of them.

That or you step out of position and get grabbed and die and they snowball on you. So make sure you don't get grabbed! Tristana is very useful for surviving the grab because she can leap away after Blitz knocks you up.

Big n Bad

06-21-2014

Blitzcrank is very easy to handle as a support during lane phase, and there are different ways to do so depending on your status in comparison to the enemy blitzcrank and the enemy ADC. The optimal situation is that you can fight the enemy ADC 1v1, and maintain an advantage through 1v1 trades. That being the case, and if your support has some CC, position yourself right up on the minions and farm/trade. Blitz will typically attempt to run up, punch you, and then grab you back as you try to flee. If your support can CC him as he does this for you, punish him or the ADC for this, whichever is easiest for you to hit, just make sure you're doing damage. Then return to farming. When he realizes strategy #1 is failing, and he simply tries to pull you from a distance, pay attention and use the fact that your minor position adjustments change the angle at which he can grab you significantly when you're up in the minions. blitz is now useless.

If you're behind in lane and struggling to fight your opponents, freeze the lane behind the river and maintain a safe distance from the lane bushes to where if blitz wants to run up on you, he will take turret hits. Keep lane bushes warded, and farm.

If you're a poke heavy bottom lane comp with concerns about being able to dodge him, focus your attention on keeping blitzcrank at low HP with pokes. He will no longer want you anywhere near him. Blitz is now useless.

Don't forget about his mana shield, and take advantage of the times when it is on cooldown, and try to do your best to keep it on cooldown. Also dont forget how much damage his ultimate does early game, combined with the silence. It can be brutal.

The worst thing you can do is to play scared when you're either ahead or not too far behind. That goes for basically any matchup. Know how strong you are and how strong your opponents are, and play accordingly.

Big n Bad

06-21-2014

Also when you have the opportunity and clear vision, make yourself available to be pulled by blitzcrank in order to bait it for an easy dodge, then use the cooldown time to be aggressive. If the blitz just wants to try to pull you all day, you'll burn his ass out of mana and you can go hard for free.