( Open RP) Rise of the Voidborn and the Dawn of Magic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmileyDemon

08-09-2011

The combined armies of Men, Angels and the united tribes of Yordles and Minotaurs did battle on the Fyrone Flats. Their foe was one born before this or any other world existed. There enemy's bodies fell from the heavens. They were as numberless as the sparks in the night sky. Surrounded at all flanks their demonic leader showed his face. With a voice so frightening to hear, so terrible that many wished to fall on their swords as it addressed them.

Surrender Now! fledglings. Yours is but a small dieing flame in a bottomless chasm like others before you. I will twist your forms for my purpose. Surrender...

The horrible voice commanded. And indeed many of them disheartened for victory was never truly seen as attainable. Suddenly upon a heap of slain creatures the mortal general of this valiant army stepped forth with his banner raised trailing in the dark wind. "WE WILL NOT SURRENDER VILE FIEND." he said loudly it echoing over the clash of steel and flesh. I was there beside the hero. "Are you certain?" I asked him/her. "Never more then I was at the start." He/She said laughing. Turning raising his/her sword he/she jumped off his/her slain enemies followed by me and his guard.

Slaying the surrounding creatures I watched as the Dark entity did single battle with my friend. Theirs was a chaotic battle even empowered as he/she was I could tell my friend was losing the fight. The conflict was so powerful that mountains shifted and the earth broke asunder. The entity disarmed my friend and I quickly dove to his/her aid. Charging madly into into battle I struck once before he turned to retaliate.

And quickly I too was defeated. "Petulant Children" it mocked facing me. Its tone changed however when my friend jumped him from behind and said his/her last words to me. "I always had a feeling it would end this way. Goodbye Jericho." Then his body began to glow with extreme brightness. The entities fell voice rang out in pain. The light disintegrated any dark creature it encountered.

Then with an almighty explosion that rocked the world to its core the first true magic user the world had ever known died. The entity lived on but was greatly weakened being forced out of the world by my friends last spell. His gift for magic seemed to had also spread. Many of the soldiers, human and yordle alike reported gaining strange powers. But that was the end of the tale which many of you know. It would be best to start at the beginning before he became the champion... and before the monsters invaded.

This is an open RP based on the forgotten story of the voidborns first assault on the world. This was before the world was blessed with magic and the first glimmers of civilization were beginning to form. Most cities are yet to be founded. The two major cities of the world are The great white marble city of Urtistan and the free thinking city of Icathia before its perversion to a beachhead for the void assault.

RACES

Yordles- have yet to form a city of their own. Still in small tribes or villages with no organized government arguing over petty things but otherwise peaceful

Minotaurs- Minotaurs form close bonds with that of their own kind however they still prefer the tribal lifestyle living in at best small towns. They are extremely xenophobic.

Humans- the dominate race on the planet. Human civilization has grown leaps and bounds going from tribal nomads to organized cities within decades the two main cities Urtistan and Icathia are moral opposites with differing views. Unlike yordles humans tend to be hostile towards others of their race.

Angels- The most advanced race but the most few. Angels regard their business too important to communicate with the lesser races. Recently they have helped the human civilization in the building of Urtistan. But unlike humans women tend to fill key roles. Often as the heads of political and military circles making them a Matriarchal society. They harbor a dark secret known only to a few. The angels are not native to Runeterra. Refuges from a dark pestilence sweeping the cosmos they fled their planet. Angels are currently the only race able to perform complex magic.

Voidborn- Dark Harbingers of the cosmos driven mindlessly they consume the energy of planets moving across the vastness of space.Their dark master has recently discovered Runeterra. Marshaling his forces and with hungry eyes he set his children forth to claim this world.

PC ( player characters) Can be anyone even the mythical hero of legend. However the dark master of the Void will be controlled by me. NPCs can be controlled or killed with impunity, unless stated otherwise.

Plot Summery

Act -1 Tangled Webs
The story opens up with Gabranth and we learn about his relationship with the sanctuary and most importantly Mordred. As a judge he garners alot of respect or fear depending on who you ask. We learn that the Dark entity has been sending visions to Mordred claiming to be from his god. Through paranoia, fear, and zeolitry, Mordred as a puppet of the dark entity pressures Icathia to war with Urtistan. Meanwhile in the white marble city (Urtistan) the angels have pressured the populace in the building of a large clock tower. One of the lead scientists Zelian, is one of the few humans to know the angels true purpose in helping humanity build Urtistan. The clock tower is secretly a pylon of magical time energy built to hopefully reverse the damage done to their homeworld. At the end of the act we get our first glimpse of the hero of legend.

Act-2 Fall of the White City
We now look back to Gabranth who despite his judgement follows orders sent to him by Mordred. His counterpart The Judge of the Sun follows Mordred's commands without question. Soon they have marshaled a force large enough to assault the city of Urtistan. Somehow the hero learns of the attack and races to warn the city. Both judges lead the army arriving just after the hero. Even with the angels help and the hero's the city was outmatched and ill prepared for an unprovoked attack. The city being sacked Gabranth was horrified at what he was forced to do. The other judge seemed to enjoy killing. After the battle for the city was lost the angels and the hero marshal a retreat losing their last hope of regaining their homeland. Zelian stayed behind hoping to reverse the process by activating the pylon. It is then the hero and Gabranth first meet. They fight in single combat and ultimately Gabranth defeats the hero. Sickened by the needless bloodshed he has caused Gabranth allows the hero to escape with his remaining forces. The Judge of the Sun discovers this and holds Gabranth as a traitor. Meanwhile back in Icathia... With most of the law enforcement gone in battle the Celestial Sanctuary effectively controls the populace. No longer disguising himself to Mordred the Dark entity perverts the rituals to his whims. Human sacrifice runs amok.

Act-3 The Gathering Dark
Gabranth is taken back in chains to his city only to find it twisted into a den of madness. Mordred once discovering Gabranth's treachery sentences him to be sacrificed. With a joint effort of Natalya and the men that served under him at Urtistan they escape but Natalya dies in the process. Fleeing the corrupted city they seek the broken forces of Urtistan and eventually find them. The horrors still fresh in their minds both groups had blades at each others throats. However, Gabranth's tale reaffirmed the angels worst fears and the true evil behind it all is finally revealed. The hero's power has grown considerably but with guidance from Jericho he hopes to increase his power further by visiting natural fonts of arcane power scattered across the world. Taking Jericho and his party with him they split while Gabranth and his men seek out the Yordle tribes hoping to unite them against the dark enemy. The city of Icathia is now completely transformed. Its populace slaves to the voids will. They too, have transformed into creatures of the void. At the end of the act in a unholy sacrament Mordred becomes the vessel for the dark entity stripping away his humanity completely.

Act-4 New Allies, New Problems

Gabranth and his party find the yordle and minotaur tribes but their petty squabbles prevent any coalition. Seeking any way to end their feud Gabranth and his men performs tasks set out for them by the leaders of the three major yordle and minotaur tribes. Meanwhile the hero, Jericho and his party are at the far north of the continent looking for the place where angels first stepped onto the world. There arcane energy fills the air and the hero can greatly increase his powers. Braving the harsh climate and creatures his party treks north across the frozen landscape. The dark entity has worn away much of the veil around Icathia drawing forth his kind from the darkness.

Act-5 The Last Stand and The Race of a Thousand Miles
Gabranth ultimately succeeds in acquiring the yordles and minotaurs help in the incoming battle. Marshaling his combined forces at Weathertop Castle he awaits the hero and his crew. The hero, having gained the latent power of the land and discovering the time pylon had brought back most of the angelic forces after their defeat rushes back to join Gabranth's forces. Meanwhile the Dark entity has had a spy in the mists of Gabranth's forces. The Judge of the Sun betrays the hidden location of Weathertop to the Dark entity for power. Giving the Judge his unholy blessing it transformed the knight into a twisted creature of the voidborn; its purpose to lead an assault upon Weathertop. Discovering the missing Judge, Gabranth barely had time to entrench before the massive armies of the voidborn stretched across the horizon. Surrounded and hopelessly outnumbered Gabranth held Weathertop for as long as he was able before retreating the bulk of his force in the underground tunnels. Gabranth covering their escape with his most loyal men died but not before striking down the traitor; The Judge of the Sun. Taking Weathertop the voidborn striped Gabranth of his armor and pinned his mangled body at the highest point of Weathertop.

Act-6 Finale

The hero arrives at the fallback point after discovering Weathertop in ruins and the dishonored body of Gabranth. There the company held a silent vigil for the fallen Judge and it is discovered that he had a son he never knew by Natalya the child Boram Darkwill. Morale low even with the angelic reinforcements the Hero is now considered the general of all forces and orders a celebration be held for their fallen comrades. Knowing that they could never hope to defeat the voids armies Jericho and the Hero develop a plan to draw the Dark Entity into the fight as defeating him would end it all. The hero makes it widely known that his army would be moving over the Fyrone Flats. Sure enough the agents of the void quickly discover the armies location. Seeing all of his enemies in one place the Dark Entity would ride out to meet them. In a climatic battle the Hero ultimately defeats the Dark entity casting a spell so powerful it reaffirmed all tears in the veil not only on Runeterra but all worlds. Destroying his physical form the Dark Entity retreats back into the darkness of the cosmos the Hero dies though but not before spreading his/her gift of magic to all races. Jericho gathers all of his race and with some goodbyes leaves Runeterra for his world, but not before casting a spell to make most if not all forget the horrors inflicted upon them. His race had already effected their world enough. The angels influence would not effect the developing world.

SmileyDemon

08-09-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/881

Gabranth was almost asleep when the ceremony had finally ended. "Thank the stars." he said sighing silently. This sermon was just like the one before and the one last week and the one the week before last. Mordred had the entire congregation Oooing and Ahhing, Crying and Fuming. He stood diligently at the west entrance of the Celestial temple his counterpart watching the East.

No doubt as bored as he was. Gabranth often wondered the point of the Judges, sure sometimes they would have to kick a rabble rouser out the front door but that was few and far between. Frankly Gabranth thought it was mainly just for ceremony. He often wondered if the people who created these ceremonies stood for 3 hours in one spot.

Dismissed after everyone left an hour later he had the rest of the day to his own. Still wearing his judge armor he walked out into the busy city plaza. Normally he would head to his small house and quickly remove this pile of metal before relaxing the rest of the day. This day however, he had a special date and he needed to look his best.

Rafeo

08-10-2011

"Savi" walked down an old path leading to Icathia, he wandered into the city.
Marveling at the buildings and the people openly talking of art and science on the street he thought to himself.
"Now this is a place I could really sink my teeth into."

He walked on, enjoying the sight.

ipleadthefif208

08-10-2011

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/883))

The divine sword stood in the square of Urtistan. She gazed at the busy human traffic that passed her by through the holes in her helmet and she wondered if they could be saved from their own tendencies. She quickly turned around and made her way to the guard towers, she was to instruct some of the human soldiers in how to effectively use a shield today.

SmileyDemon

08-10-2011

(( posted plot of the story hoping to encourage more people to join ))

SmileyDemon

08-11-2011

((By the Holy Power of Corki's Rainbow mustache I Declare this thread bumped!))

SmileyDemon

08-11-2011

( I'm Going to repost this but with a new approach. Since the story outline is in place I will create profiles of the bare minimum characters need to complete the story. People can then pick and choose who they want. That doesn't stop you from making your own character though)

Sarkan of Arkham

08-11-2011

((I do have an idea for a character, I just hadn't remembered to ask the vital question. What about the Minotaurs? Alistar may or may not be the last of his kind in present day Valoran (His lore leaves it kind of ambiguous), but surely before the influence of the Void and the Rune Wars the proud, noble mountain dwelling race of gentle (ish (when they want to be (if you don't piss them off (or hurt their friends)))) giants must have some kind of presence in this time?))

SmileyDemon

08-11-2011

((Honestly didn't think about that but yea Minotaurs would be around I will add them))

SmileyDemon

08-11-2011

((Posting Mordred's http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/893 and Baren's-Judge of the Sun http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/892 profiles will update later))