Sona's judgement, memory or mockup?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falkala

09-26-2011

I have a question that came up recently about Sona's judgement. Now, most judgement contain a memory with something altered to reveal something about the champion and ask them why they wanted to join the league...

For Sona's, her harp left her control and killed her adoptive mother. For a long time I always assumed that Lestara was alive and well in Demacia but someone pointed out to me that her death could have been the memory, and the 'altered' part was Lestara asking the 'Why do you want to join the league?' questions.

Did the etwahl actually kill Lestara Buvelle?

(Reference: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=252490 )

Mädchen

09-26-2011

I don't think so. I'm fairly certain the Etwahl's proto-sentience knew something was up and was trying to break the illusion. Perhaps the Summoner was using some sort of glamor to look like Lestara and Etwahl sensed something was off?

belthazor3457

09-26-2011

My guess? The ritual was a "What happens if you lose control of your one special gift? What happens if it decides to hurt the people you care about?" Psychological screening. I'd have to bank on mock-up.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

09-26-2011

I'm going with memory.

Every champion judgment has dealt with their memories of the past, so I don't see how Sona's judgment would be any different. There may be some alterations at the end when they ask, "Why do you want to join the League?", but that's about it.

To answer the question, yes the etwahl killed Lestara Buvelle.

"Sona’s eyes flew open at the only sound she loved more than music itself."

The etwahl sensed that Sona loved Lestara more than music (i.e. the etwahl), so the etwahl killed Lestara out of jealousy. Now Sona can only focus on playing music. And as belthazor said, Sona joined the League in order to better control the etwahl so that it won't harm anyone else.

Edit: On second thought, after reading her judgment again, it's possible that the whole scenario was an illusion (mockup) and not a memory. Irelia and Karma's judgments had significant alterations to them, so it may be the same for Sona. Judgments don't necessarily have to do with memories, as Jarvan's judgment indicated.

DFxKazuto

09-26-2011

If it is memory...then what of the quote, "This instrument will be the key to unlocking the world. It will speak for you more truly than a voice ever could. Nothing else – not us, them, or any magic in this world will ever own you again."

I don't think Sona has shown her or the etwahl's true strength yet and hopefully more is done about her in lore .

LancerXXX

09-26-2011

The etwahl goes and attack Lestara. That is the modification to the memory. Just like how Irelia kills her father while sparring; it would not have happened in real life.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerXXX View Post
The etwahl goes and attack Lestara. That is the modification to the memory. Just like how Irelia kills her father while sparring; it would not have happened in real life.
Or the illusion is something that could "possibly" happen, which would be why Sona joined the League; to gain complete control of the etwahl so that it doesn't just go around murdering everyone around her.

Mädchen

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post
Or the illusion is something that could "possibly" happen, which would be why Sona joined the League; to gain complete control of the etwahl so that it doesn't just go around murdering everyone around her.
This needs fan-art.

This needs fan-art right now.

"Etwahl, Destroyer of Worlds".

DFxKazuto

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdchen View Post
This needs fan-art.

This needs fan-art right now.

"Etwahl, Destroyer of Worlds".
New skin?

(P.S. Maybe Reverse Sona? Jokes xD)