Ranked play is very boring...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf Un1t

08-09-2011

I just recently became level 30 and played around 4 ranked games. I won 3 and lost 1. This puts me at a rating of 1290. I understand why I won those games, because, unlike in normal, I was suprised of how much smarter people were in ranked. For the first time, I experianced chat in the champion select! For the first time, everyone picked a role the team needed! For the first time, people actually bought wards! For the first time, my lane partner understand when to play passive and when to be agressive! For the first time, I felt like I am deserving these wins/losses.

As fun as it may sound like I'm having, I think I might stay away from ranked games. I know by now how to play any role (tank,ranged AD, tanky DPS, ranged AP, support, blah blah) But now I NEVER get to play my favorite champions. Maybe once every 10 games I might (if they don't get banned) but in normal i could play my favorites any time. The reason why is no one likes being a tank (mostly the case) or support. I say "ok I'll tank" after the other 4 trying to pre decide which champ to be but none of which being a tank tank, they go "Thank you!" and proceed to chose their desired champs. I'm sorry but tanking to me is boring. Just walk into the enemy team and watch your team take them out while your just sitting there, being focused occasionally, and ocassionally ccing and doing little damage is very very boring to watch.

Maybe I'll play ranked once a day but then I'm done :/

MysticWolf

08-09-2011

You're a baby. You'll understand one day.

Peter Pounce

08-09-2011

man, I remember my first ranked game...thought it was mysterious and intriguing. All these people trying hard and working together. my friend and I won in a comeback, and everybody was polite.

then my second game, I discovered what ranked is really like...people raging at each other over and over and over for the littlest things.

kaminist

08-09-2011

stop crying

Wolf Un1t

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticWolf View Post
You're a baby. You'll understand one day.
I'm confused, you mean I'll understand that ranked is actually not boring? It's a matter of opinion, it's boring

Wolf Un1t

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaminist View Post
stop crying
When you say in real life "This is boring" are you crying?

Wolf Un1t

08-09-2011

At least the senior member actually posted a reasonable respnse.

Gevem

08-09-2011

i find this the case too. I really get tired of tanking for my team. I was pretty much forced into maining a tank, so i stuck with shen since I enjoyed him.

MoneyForNothin

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comatose94 View Post
At least the senior member actually posted a reasonable respnse.
Senior Member is just forum posts.

I recently hit 30 and I tried a few ranked games. Won 5 and lost 1, carried each time, but it just wasn't as fun because you can't do ridiculous strats and team comps. It's the same AP/AD carries, Support, Tank, Tanky DPS comp every game and you always have to fill it in. That, and there is always stress because you don't want to lose rating.

And people really aren't as smart in ranked as people give them credit for. People are completely, and absolutely ******ed in solo-queue ranked, same with normals.

Wolf Un1t

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
Senior Member is just forum posts.

I recently hit 30 and I tried a few ranked games. Won 5 and lost 1, carried each time, but it just wasn't as fun because you can't do ridiculous strats and team comps. It's the same AP/AD carries, Support, Tank, Tanky DPS comp every game and you always have to fill it in. That, and there is always stress because you don't want to lose rating.

And people really aren't as smart in ranked as people give them credit for. People are completely, and absolutely ******ed in solo-queue ranked, same with normals.
I was referring to the fact that the senior member was probably the only one that read the whole thing. As people who spend more times on the forums are likely to read more...

I also agree with your reasoning. In my OP I didn't say all the people cared about wards or talking in the champion select, I was just suprised because I don't see as much of that in normal.

And remember everyone, the topic is ranked play is boring. Not how f'ed up it is, not how I'll soon understand that it is stupid. (already figured that out by watching streams and all the bad things I've heard of it on the forums) Please people? I care about your opinions