Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Mid Solo Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathbedeli

05-06-2010

Leaguecraft: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/6956-mid-solo-cho-gath.xhtml

THIS VERSION OF THE GUIDE (On the LoL Forums) IS OUTDATED

There is no space to update the guide in this post, however it is still being updated and improved on Leaguecraft.

The guide in this thread will be removed to prevent confusion.

(((Random)))
*Disclaimer: This guide assumes that you understand the basics of LoL and possess at least proficient harassing and avoidance skills.*
*DPS Cho'Gath is not for everyone, and requires skill to pull off properly with a positive KDA. Practice makes perfect though*

To each his own. If you don't like the idea of a character that breaks the mold of an "ideal build", then leave this thread. "OMG DPS SUX", "USELESS", "WHATS THE POINT" are all useless posts that contribute nothing of value to anything, except for the size of your e-peen (which if you identify with any of the above quotes, is tiny). Serious critique and discussion is welcome. Trolls are not. (Seriously, find something better to do than waste everyone's time)

Mr Geppetto

05-07-2010

How does attack speed make last-hitting easier in any way, shape or form?
You know what attack speed really helps with? Getting last hits when you autoattack. This is completely unnecessary

Quote:
if you know how to [last hit]; Which is critical to suceeding throughout the game.
Abominable grammar and writing conventions evinced here.

Quote:
I'll finish this tomorrow, the words on the screen are getting blurry and my gramatical and spelling errors are starting to increase at an exponential rate.
You don't know what a semicolon is. Stop trying to sound smart.

Quote:
I am Nightmare Cho'gath; Mid Solo. I have 364 Games with Cho, and 214 of them resulting in Wins. 3384 Kills, 1801 Deaths, 2071 Assists. ≈13 Million Damage Taken, ≈53 Million Damage Given. ≈4.5 Million Gold Earned, ≈73.5 Thousand Creeps Killed, ≈560 Turrets Destroyed.
Cool story, bro. Don't you think you're trying a little too hard there? Like you have something to prove?

Yndyr

05-07-2010

If your guide isn't finished, should you really posting it? If your computer didn't come with a copy of notepad then I suppose it's alright to do.

As far as it's content is concerned, it isn't anything I can't find out by spending a few minutes in the public chat channel

Deathbedeli

05-07-2010

Lol troll more, it makes you sound so cool. Anyway onto the quesitons.

Quote:
Mr Geppetto:
How does attack speed make last-hitting easier in any way, shape or form?

THIS ANSWER IS OUTDATED; CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THE GUIDE FOR THE UPDATED ANSWER
More attack speed, means more attacks per second. Which means more chances to get the killing blow on a minion; (I'll use semicolons all day if it'll piss ya off) this can be helpful to players with a ****ty internet connection. Cho'gath has this nice little passive that heals him whenever he gets last hits, so regen items are not as crucial, and players can focus more on becoming more lethal. ;;;

Quote:
Mr Geppetto:
This is completely unnecessary Abominable grammar and writing conventions evinced here.

Thats nice that you don't like my format, cry more? Maybe it'll help? ;;;
EDIT: As I said in my first post, I was having alot of spelling errors when I was writing this up, I plan to fix these errors as I encounter them while re-reading my guide.

Quote:
Mr Geppetto:
Cool story, bro. Don't you think you're trying a little too hard there? Like you have something to prove?

Lol just putting down the stats on my Cho'gath build. No need to QQ about it. ;;;

Quote:
Yndyr:
If your guide isn't finished, should you really posting it? If your computer didn't come with a copy of notepad then I suppose it's alright to do.

Notepad doesn't save the BOLD, Italics, or Underscores.

Quote:
Yndyr:
As far as it's content is concerned, it isn't anything I can't find out by spending a few minutes in the public chat channel

Thats funny, I haven't seen anything like this posted, maybe give a few links? That arn't just created after this post?

gshort

05-07-2010

i can vouch for deathbedeli, played with him a couple times in solo que.At first i was like wtf dps cho, but then i saw him wreck mid lane and carry our team.

The Green Giant

05-07-2010

Cho'Gath player here.

Very interesting post from OP, you seem very good playing with Cho but I don't like your build. Why?
I don't see the point of building melee DPS items on Cho, there is no synergy with anything the character has.

When I go mid (i play tank Cho) i first take regrowth pendant witch, with my passive, gives me monstrous health regen and makes me unpushable. Then, as the game advances, i build more and more defensive items, to the point where the other player has no hope of ever pushing me short of a 3 man gank. In addition to the kills I get, i shutdown the other mid while farming creeps like crazy.

Really, there is nothing good that can come out of building melee DPS with a Cho. Last time i saw one, I feasted the **** out of him and he ended up 3/7 after calling me a noob at the beginning of the game.

Louise

05-07-2010

Quote:
The Green Giant:
Very interesting post from OP, you seem very good playing with Cho but I don't like your build. Why?
I don't see the point of building melee DPS items on Cho, there is no synergy with anything the character has.

attackspeed synergizes with the freespikes. the build kills pretty much any other char in a 1v1 situation because of the disables and the damage output (jax will dodge your **** and beat you down).

if you get disabled yourself you're kinda screwed though, so that's the limitation you have to deal with

Deathbedeli

05-07-2010

Quote:
The Green Giant:
Cho'Gath player here. Very interesting post from OP, you seem very good playing with Cho but I don't like your build. Why?

THIS ANSWER IS OUTDATED; CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THE GUIDE FOR THE UPDATED ANSWER
Thanks. As for the synergy, Basically this build allows you to disable and stun a opponent for long enough to get a kill quite easily in alot of situations, or if not then provide a huge damage output for the rest of the team to build off of. By late game this build has around 214 damage with 90% crit chance for 537.5 dmg, two times a second. Even a huge build such as a opposing cho'gath will go down in six seconds if properly sustained.

Razerwind

05-07-2010

Interesting. Cho'Gath is my #2 most played even though I rarely play him now but I almost always went AP or tank mode. I'll try this out tonight.

Mr Geppetto

05-07-2010

Quote:
gshort:
i can vouch for deathbedeli, played with him a couple times in solo que.At first i was like wtf dps cho, but then i saw him wreck mid lane and carry our team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_%28Internet%29