Champion Spotlight: Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFamousGoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowJJO View Post
his ult need more range, and he need a buff a litte extra like a good slow or ult and you get more speed, or a passive in the first skill Q like Garen whit his shield but for attack
His ult actually has a good enough range, if it were any longer he could pick off targets from further away (making it easier to suppress targets hanging around their tower) and dragging them were his teammates will destroy them. His W makes up for the lack of range for his ult, and his W provides a very good speed bonus (25% at level 5), If anything his AP and AD skills ratios should be bumped up, and the AoE range of his Q should be increased a bit, or the cooldown decreased

Animal Rescuer

08-12-2011

cant wait to get that champion if i am ever ALLOWED to play this game again

txtmsg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

First non humanoid champ, good job! Lets hope we have more like this.

Redrach

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFamousGoat View Post
His ult actually has a good enough range, if it were any longer he could pick off targets from further away (making it easier to suppress targets hanging around their tower) and dragging them were his teammates will destroy them. His W makes up for the lack of range for his ult, and his W provides a very good speed bonus (25% at level 5), If anything his AP and AD skills ratios should be bumped up, and the AoE range of his Q should be increased a bit, or the cooldown decreased
The problem with Skarner's speed buff is that it goes away if the shield breaks. While this is good from a gameplay perspective because of the decisions it raises ("Should I stop to cast a nuke on Skarner and hope to break his shield but risk him getting close enough to ult me, or can I get to my tower in time?") it serves to make him poorer at gap-closing than similar champs, as well as more susceptible to dying to ganks.
He could use a buff to his shield's base values, IMO.