Caster Items (Annie)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0prah Winfrey

05-06-2010

So I've been playing Annie lately, and I'm a little torn on which items to get with her.

I usually start with a Sapphire Crystal and two Health Potions.

I turn the Crystal into a Catalyst of the Protector as soon as possible so I can take advantage of the bonus health and mana every time I level, then pick up boots of some kind (usually Sorcerer's Shoes, but it depends on the other team).

Then I turn the Catalyst into a Rod of Ages as soon as possible for the Health, Mana, and AP which scale nicely as the minutes tick away.

Now it's midgame, and my build starts to fall apart.

I like to go with a Deathfire Grasp mostly for its nuke which, with my AP at this point, does about 40% of their health. It's nasty against tanks. The AP boost and CD reduction are nice too.

Now it's late game and I'm really lost.

I usually go Zhonya's Ring for the insane AP boost, which makes my Deathfire Grasp even better. It also has that ability on it, which makes me untargetable for 2 seconds, making up for my lack of survivaility now that the Rod of Ages has capped.

Usually the game is over by now, so I don't really know what else I would buy, probably a Void Staff.

Still, a lot of guides suggest buying a Void Staff much earlier. I also see people starting with Doran's Ring early and moving on to Mejai's Soulstealer or Archangel's Staff. A lot of people suggest stacking Health and Armor/Magic Reduction for survivablility.

So far my build has worked really well. I'm usually strong enough to survive fights up until late, late game and my damage is through the roof, even against tanks. I'm pretty new to the game though, and I feel like I'm still flopping around with a bunch of other idiots, so my build may not work for long. Do any more experienced players have any tips to help me refine my build?

Thanks.

turtlejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

I ended up dropping Annie because she wasn't my bag, but if I felt I was doing well, I would go for a Soulstealer early.

Buy the book. If you are doing well, go for boots and the soulstealer. Then you win.

Jay

Nerkel

05-06-2010

Rylias works quite well with Annie. If they don't die initially, they're now slowed enough for your teammates to pick them off. The bonus health helps a ton too.

Xtofervs

05-06-2010

yeah if you are doing well after catalyst a soulstealer can help you win the game. RoA is great, but so is Banshees Veil as an alternative if u are being focused a lot or if the enemy team is magic heavy. I find that the AP that you lose from RoA is made up for by the magic resist and anti spell bubble on veil, which in teamfights allows me to get in and target the right enemy heroes with tibbers. If you are doing well and a non-******ed enemy team sees you as a threat, you WILL be focused early on in teamfights. If they prevent you from getting off a good tibbers stun it could be gg for your team. Also, it helps keep you alive, which is good for soulstealer, which makes up for the AP you lose from RoA if you can get stacks (not hard with annie).

After upgrading your catalyst and possibly getting soulstealer, you will likely be able to get one more item for an average game. All of the following can be good choices:

Rylais (good all around item: AP, slow, HP)
Void Staff (if enemy team is stacking MR)
Zhonyas (if you need more firepower)
Deathfire (if you need to kill tanky heroes)
Banshees Veil (if u got RoA earlier and now find you are being focused)

Lately I have been going:

Ring + HP pot
Sorc Boots
Catalyst
Soulstealer
Veil
Zhonya

Ontain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

here's my usual build order
Sapphire Crystal and mana pot and heal pot
Sapphire -> Catalyst
then boots (depends on enemy)
SoulStealer (only if you're doing well)
RoA

then here's were it starts depending a lot on the other team.

if you have a soulstealer and still doing well then: Zhonya or Rylais
if no soulstealer and the casters are killing you: Banshees
if they are mostly physical: Frozen Heart and Rylais
if they are getting a lot of resists: Void Staff

Incineration

05-06-2010

I prefer Ruby Crystal for early game. The extra HP lets you be far more aggressive and keeps you alive far better, while you don't really need the mana since Disintigrate costs nothing when last hitting.

Things like glacial shroud/frozen heart are good defensive items for Annie since they provide mana and CDR. Your Fire Shield is better than people give it credit for late game as it's 50 Armor/50 MR.

The trick with Annie late game is to try not to eat the enemy team's ults first. Come in to the fight with Bear Stun after they've been trying to kill someone and AoE them down with Bear/Incinerate.

0prah Winfrey

05-06-2010

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll try out the Soulstealer for sure. I tend to do really well early game and lose it the later it gets. Maybe that will help.

And yes, here shield is VERY strong. It tears melee champs apart. If you don't use it often, start, maybe you'll find you don't need so many health items after all.

InfinityD

05-06-2010

This build has won me the past 9 out of 10 games with annie i've had. Cooldown reduction lets you destroy people so fast, and have tibbers ready every teamfight.

1.) Dorans Ring + Health Potion
2.) Mercury threads
3.) Nashors Tooth
4.) Rylai's Crystal Sceptor
5.) Void Staff
5.)Lich Bane
6.) Guadian Angel (if the game gets that far)

With a Cooldown/Magic Penentration rune build and points in utility tree, this build gets you some really fast cooldowns with nashors. Rylai's for health/slow/more AP, Void to keep hurting those stacking magic resist. Lich Bane really seems to synergize with Nashors as you will be both using skills and autoattacking more often. Guardian for lulz late game.

The downside to this build is blowing through mana at a rediculous pace. That can be offset with the golem buff which you can easily get solo with tibbers late game, or with clarity, which seems to work well with this build.

. I think a people dont realize the amount of damage you do with reduced cooldowns, though. I'm constantly killing chasers that think they have me beat, and people figuring that my tibbers isnt back up yet.

Considering switching Nashors for frozen heart, but im not sure how badly that will affect my damage output late game.

Edit: Also, i wasnt a huge fan of Mejai's becuase i couldnt consistantly kill people in the past, but i might try to fit it in again.

DreamyDays

05-06-2010

55 AP + 10 MP5 for 99 Armor + 500 MP doesn't sound bad to me
But then, I'm no pro Annie (only play her as a sub....) so I might be wrong :P

cheeeya

05-06-2010

Take advantage of Jesse Perrings Diary, it is one of the most powerful items there ever is, and will be