shen build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesXOXOXO432

05-06-2010

Hey I was wondering what iteam to use for shen?

From what I gather he doesnt need armour/ hp iteams that give a mana bonus as he doesnt use mana.

Are sunfire capes any good with him? 40 magic damage per sec plus hp and armour?

PLz tell me the best shen builds

Thanks

(atm all my runes are critical chance so i have about +24% chance of hitting a crital strike.)

RagOhOliC

05-06-2010

critical strike is no good with shen since he is best played as a tank
imo you should get some hp marks/dodge seals/cooldown glyphs and hp quints(97hp at levl 1 helps)..but its upto you

as for his items...
start with ruby crystal/regen pendant
build sunfire cape
get boots of speed(lvl 1 shoes)
finish levithain (always build it after sunfire capes as it is very easy to get assists that way)
finish shoes(depending on the opposite team get either ninja tabi/mercury)

next item is upto you..lot of people prefer to make a second sunfirecape
i generally try to build warmogs armor ..warmogs helps with his passive and makes you a really devastating tank
other option if your team is lacking cc..get frozen mallet

try experimenting with different builds he is really fun to play

Queue

05-06-2010

Doran's Shield, Merrc boots/ninja tabi, Aegis, Randuins Omen, Frozen Hammer, Phantom Dancer/Atma's

Start with Dorans, rush boots, build Aegis, build Heart of Gold, Build hammer, then either finish omen or build towards damage with PD or atmas.

unentschieden

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue View Post
Doran's Shield, Merrc boots/ninja tabi, Aegis, Randuins Omen, Frozen Hammer, Phantom Dancer/Atma's

Start with Dorans, rush boots, build Aegis, build Heart of Gold, Build hammer, then either finish omen or build towards damage with PD or atmas.
Until next patch Id wriggle in a Leviathan, its just so abusable on Shen right now.

Twisted Food

05-06-2010

Shen can be built in many ways; and i must agree with RagOhOliC that shen's tank build is the most effective build out there,

i build my shen this way(chronological order):

Beginning: Ruby Crystal (for the Leviathan later ingame)
get Leviathan as soon as or before you hit lvl 6
boots (Depending on team, Ninja tabi for dps champs, Mercury threats for stunners/mages and boots of swiftness if you're bored :P)
Warmog's armor
Aegis of the leagion
Frozen Mallet
Randuin's Omen

It's pretty much what the other 2 said, this build is very effective in getting kills early-game.
I'm not saying this is a 'pro' build or a recommended build, it's purely a build that I use and it works just fine for me.

Of course, this is all still about which build fits you best, ap or admg shen might also be fun to try (it's a game, so it's about fun... right?).

I hope I brought you on some ideas with this.

unentschieden

05-06-2010

Never ever get Warmogs, especially if you already have Leviathan. Warmoggs is THE most Gold inefficient items in the game, especially if the Champ is not a Top Farmer. Simply skip it.

Kinney

05-06-2010

I've been using this recently:

Ruby Crystal (starting item) -> rush Heart of Gold
Boots
Ruby Crystal #2 -> Aegis of the Legion
Ruby Crystal #3 -> Leviathan
Heart of Gold -> Randuin's
Guardian Angel
Sunfire Cape

It's a bit low on HP until you start getting Leviathan stacks up, but provides an asston of mitigation.

L0lmaster

06-27-2010

this is a realy good build for the health and armor gain is realy good plus if you do manage to get 4 sun fire capes its pity much rammus ult as a passive

Doran's Shield <get rid of for Atma's Impaler)
Ninja Tabi
4x Sunfire Cape
and if realy feed Atma's Impaler

tryed the build last game i got 19/2/29 (epic carryed)

Nephelite

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
I've been using this recently:

Ruby Crystal (starting item) -> rush Heart of Gold
Boots
Ruby Crystal #2 -> Aegis of the Legion
Ruby Crystal #3 -> Leviathan
Heart of Gold -> Randuin's
Guardian Angel
Sunfire Cape

It's a bit low on HP until you start getting Leviathan stacks up, but provides an asston of mitigation.
im digging this build. im not getting raiduins every time tho and never before getting my guardian angel. both levi and aegis are really powerfull on him. levi because of his potetial to actually get some kills and aegis because its a **** good item i think it works very well with his skills.

sometimes i go rylais. ap scales pretty well with his passive and the slow could really come in handy when chasing or being chased using his Q. only build this when i dont feel the need to rack up more armor/mr tho which is actually somethimes the case on shen due to his ridiculus survivability

Kaplow

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephelite View Post
im digging this build. im not getting raiduins every time tho and never before getting my guardian angel. both levi and aegis are really powerfull on him. levi because of his potetial to actually get some kills and aegis because its a **** good item i think it works very well with his skills.

sometimes i go rylais. ap scales pretty well with his passive and the slow could really come in handy when chasing or being chased using his Q. only build this when i dont feel the need to rack up more armor/mr tho which is actually somethimes the case on shen due to his ridiculus survivability
Yea so far I'm loving this build but with the adjustment Nephelite made...Guardian Angel after Leviathan...after that it's kind of situational. I used to just stack health as much as I could but found mitigation to be more powerful.