Why such a short map?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dessim8

08-09-2011

I'm not saying it IS, but it could've been a defensive map.

Lurathorin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Impossible to turtle on this map. You would have to have 3 points to actually want to turtle, so that means 2 points would have 2 defenders each, and the other would only have one defender. One defender isn't much of a turtle, huh?

Dessim8

08-10-2011

Nobody is understanding what I'm asking: I'm asking WHY they made such an anti-defensive map out of an often defense oriented concept? Most maps in this game dont even want you to breach 30 minutes.

Twixiee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessim8 View Post
Nobody is understanding what I'm asking: I'm asking WHY they made such an anti-defensive map out of an often defense oriented concept? Most maps in this game dont even want you to breach 30 minutes.
Why not! i imagine its much more fun this way ^^ they wanted a shorter gaming experience, and KNOWING that you're game CANNOT go for longer than 20 minutes is a great help if deciding whether or not to play another

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-10-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessim8 View Post
turtlish
wat

This thing is nonstop action. It's distilled fun in an intense burst. At the end of nearly every single game I've played on it your pulse is still pounding.

Hotarukin

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
wat

This thing is nonstop action. It's distilled fun in an intense burst. At the end of nearly every single game I've played on it your pulse is still pounding.
This makes me afraid to play it. Will I need medicines to not want to rip something off the wall when all is said and done? (Not out of rage, but out of nervousness.)

Redenbacher

08-10-2011

I don't know about any of you, but once a game of SR hits the 45 minute mark, I just want it to end and lose interest in winning.

Dominion is right up my alley. I'm very excited for it and wish there was a beta test so I could get started early

monkeydog

08-10-2011

Quote:
wat

i have a heart condition, i dont think i should play this new game mode D:

Confusion567

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskings View Post
Then play 5v5s. Most of us have things to do with our lives, and when we only have an hour we don't want to risk playing a 5v5 because they can potentially go on longer. Yet an hour should be more than enough time to enjoy a game of league of legends (and it is for 3v3s, but a lot of people dislike 3's).
Mmmmmost of the time. I've had a 3v3 match that went on for over an hour, it was insane. There's no theoretical upper limit to a standard "kill the nexus" game, no matter how many players. Your point stands, though. One of the reds said that "no playtest game ever lasted more than 27 minutes."

Drekor

08-10-2011

Quote:
wat

You guys should push for this to be the map that competitive play is done on then instead of SR!