Damien Wylde, The Outlaw

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScruffMacBuff

Senior Member

08-08-2011

Hello fellow summoners. This is a rough draft of sorts for Damien Wylde. I need to work out the logistics for his abilities and get all the numbers figured out but here's what I have so far. Any numbers listed are simply placeholders.

Damien Wylde is a ranged AD champ in the tone of an Old West outlaw, but with that certain LoL style of appearance you may see in champs like Caitlyn. Only a dude. I imagine him with a bandana over his face and a sack full of dynamite. He is designed to be a carry and would be pretty squishy.

Abilities:

Passive - Mean Streak: After a killing blow Damien gains lifesteal/spell vamp for his next attack/ability. The effect lasts 5 seconds and cannot occur more than once in a 5 second period. The lifesteal/spell vamp percentage increases at levels 6 and 11.

Q - Quick Draw: Damien's next shot has a 35/30/25/20/15 percent chance of dealing no damage. A 35/40/45/50/55 percent chance of dealing triple damage, and a 30 percent chance of backfiring and dealing half damage to himself. (Like I said these figures are just my initial thoughts and subject to change.)

W - Lariat Toss: Range circle skillshot that draws enemies towards the center and slows them by 15/20/25/30/35 percent for 1.5 seconds. ( I also considered adding a secondary effect that pulls allies towards you, but had second thoughts when I imagined people saying "I'm Damien Wylde, I'm helping.)

E - Mighty Mana Dynamite: Damien tosses a stick of dynamite that remains until detonated. The deployed dynamite continually drains 5/7/11/15/20 mana from Damien and the explosions damage is increased by 6/9/12/15/18 per tick with a base damage of 40/60/80/100/120 (+.5 AD)

R - Fan the Hammer: Damien fires 6 shots randomly at champions in the area dealing 50/75/100 (+.8 AD). Here it's important to note that his shots could all hit one person or be fairly evenly split between all champs in the area.

I have yet to work out any mana costs, ranges, or cooldowns, but I think there is potential here.

Tips:
-Use Lariat Toss to keep enemies in range of your Mighty Mana Dynamite explosion.
-Be careful using Quick Draw when low on health.
-Don't keep your dynamite out for too long before you detonate it, lest your run yourself oom.
-Lariat Toss can be used to both chase and escape.

Tips for playing against Damien Wylde:
-Be careful fighting him 1v1. His Fan the Hammer ability is devastating if used on a single opponent.
- If you bait Damien into using his Mighty Mana Dynamite he will use up his mana quickly.

That's all I have so far. Tell me what you think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senior Member

08-08-2011

The name Damien/Damian/Daimion/Etc. should go to a more evil champion in my opinion. After all, Damian is the name of the Anti-Christ.....I named one of my story characters Damiana once for this reason. She was epic. The Wylde is very appropriate, but Damien should belong to more demonic villain.

The only comment I want to make on his abilities is that with his ult, I feel that you balanced this out very well. If there are 5 enemies around you, that would suck for his ult and make him very bad. If there is 1, it's amazing. The point for enemies is to focus him as a team and only as a team. I think that incites good teamwork.

Check out my Champion Concept ^^
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1065437


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScruffMacBuff

Senior Member

08-08-2011

Thanks for the feedback. His ult is actually my favorite part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cthulyou

Member

08-08-2011

I feel quick draw would better be named "roulette shot" due to its random nature. It avoids the 'Russian' in Russian roulette while still alludes to the game of chance you play each time you use it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leivve

Member

08-08-2011

Can you kill yourself with quick draw, or can you just put your self down to one health, because i could see people using this to end their kill streaks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cthulyou

Member

08-08-2011

valid point! I think 1hp would be the limit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senior Member

08-08-2011

Um, I think the new patch is making it so that minions and turrets do not delete kill streaks, so if this is true, then self-inflicted death probably won't either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cthulyou

Member

08-09-2011

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScruffMacBuff

Senior Member

09-02-2011

I think it would be best if the possibility of suicide is present. I want him to be high risk/reward.

I'm also not actually a huge fan of his passive. Seems kinda generic but it's the best I thought of when I wrote him up. Although it could be a lifesaver if Quick Draw were to backfire. Any thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScruffMacBuff

Senior Member

09-29-2011

shameless bump


12