Riot, Dominion may possibly be the best thing to happen to LoL since turrets.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chalkeus

08-08-2011

Yup, this is a shameless Riot fan-fare for Dominion, because after seeing the newest video on it's update, it looks incredibly addicting. One of the reasons I think it's so potentially addicting is because they took the idea of lanes and boiled them down to capturing/holding points. How many times have you been having ridiculous lane synergy with your laning buddy and either held off a crazy series of pushes or totally dominated your lane and had a lot of fun UNTIL the laning phase got over with? While there are potential team fights to go down in Dominion, it appears to be far more focused around you and one other player attacking or holding points almost like getting held up in a fox hole and hoping you can hold on as long as possible.

Also, the idea of a jungler/roaming gank role looks like it could be perfect here as someone who attacks and disrupts the enemy while they try to take points or just generally harrass and assassinate single targets.

Why do you think Dominion will be so addicting or completely a fail?

chalkeus

08-08-2011

Bumper cars

Dancing Cow

08-08-2011

Exalted with the defilers.

Enough said?

jkoz

08-08-2011

i didnt see any jungle camps on the minimap, and didnt they say there are no creeps anyway?
i predict the metagame for this map will be everyone picks tanky dps, and one person picks support for warding.

Sessamo

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
i didnt see any jungle camps on the minimap, and didnt they say there are no creeps anyway?
i predict the metagame for this map will be everyone picks tanky dps, and one person picks support for warding.
Is there fog of war?

Dreampod

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Is there fog of war?
The outer ring with the capture points and the very center of the map with the big buffs are always visible. The rest of the central jungle is covered with fog of war. Also no wards on this mode.

chalkeus

08-08-2011

Quote:
I was saying as a transfer from Summoners Rift, the jungler would turn into a single champion dedicated to causing chaos through disrupting the enemy as they try to secure points or by ganking.

Sir Nitrocide

08-08-2011

It may be me, but did all heroes look smaller?

Billy

08-08-2011

Quote:
Wards are not buyable on dominion...rioters said nearly the whole map is visible besides the inner part of the "jungle"

chalkeus

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nitrocide View Post
It may be me, but did all heroes look smaller?
What do you mean? Like, on the minimap?