So how are Bruisers going to be balanced in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmikau

08-08-2011

The new video today confirmed straight from the horse's mouth that the general gameplay of dominion is 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 skirmishes. That's the exact problem Twisted Treeline has, and is the reason why tanks and off-tanks absolutely dominate.

What measures are being taken to insure this doesn't happen?

Stave

08-08-2011

Play Annie and Brand as a twos team....

Poisoncontrol91

08-08-2011

Becuase taking the points in Dominion is a channeling move, teams will more likely take CC heavy teams over Bruisers, mostly because, while bruisers can take and deal good amounts of damage, they are WAY less mobile (which is important on this map) and they usually lack hard CC. Bruisers will still be able to do their role, but because you don't win with pure damage (by killing towers/inhibs/etc) that fact alone should balance them.

In my opinion, bruiser are very adept at the small skirmishes, like you said, but in this map avoidance is actually an option now. I feel like Blinkers will be far more devestating in the overall game than Bruisers will be.

I think that the people with AoE CC, Blinks, traps, and low-level stuns/snare will be the deciding factors.

Dreampod

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoncontrol91 View Post
Becuase taking the points in Dominion is a channeling move, teams will more likely take CC heavy teams over Bruisers, mostly because, while bruisers can take and deal good amounts of damage, they are WAY less mobile (which is important on this map) and they usually lack hard CC. Bruisers will still be able to do their role, but because you don't win with pure damage (by killing towers/inhibs/etc) that fact alone should balance them.

In my opinion, bruiser are very adept at the small skirmishes, like you said, but in this map avoidance is actually an option now. I feel like Blinkers will be far more devestating in the overall game than Bruisers will be.

I think that the people with AoE CC, Blinks, traps, and low-level stuns/snare will be the deciding factors. Also, people who can reduce/ignore cc will be HUGE in this, seeing is possibly for Olaf to surprise solo a point by ignoring all the stuns that would have broken his point-channeling.
Any damage will break the channels, no cc required.

Poisoncontrol91

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Any damage will break the channels, no cc required.
aaah, ok well I was unclear on that.

Dreampod

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoncontrol91 View Post
aaah, ok well I was unclear on that.
Yeah it isn't completely intuitive given that normal channels don't break on damage but the trailer and teaser videos clearly show non-cc damage breaking it on several occasions.

Stave

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Yeah it isn't completely intuitive given that normal channels don't break on damage but the trailer and teaser videos clearly show non-cc damage breaking it on several occasions.
See nidalee's spear throw