Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

why dominion over magma chamber?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backhandslap

08-08-2011

Dominion is a big risk, but it bring a value proposition to LoL that DoTA 2 won't be able to match at release. If it succeeds Riot will have created a new type of MOBA that will retain those who may have left for DoTA 2 and bring in people new to the genre as well.

A new map will only please the existing community. And even then probably not all of that community.

fizzlebeef

08-08-2011

1) I think Dominion will be MUCH better because it completely changes the way the game will be played. Magma was different, but not this different. I like that and I think we're plenty due for some huge changes like this.

2) Magma had problems that I think they very likely never were able to work out. These we're balance issues I assume.

Overall, I think Dominion is a much better map because of the difference in play style.

Just think of it this way - it has the potential to make not that viable champs be viable, and make the very viable ones be not so viable. It will be refreshing.

I see it being a giant AoE fest though lol.

Archlord Mythos

08-08-2011

Because they probably don't want to do a half-baked job on Magma Chamber, and they also would rather get out the new game mode too, rather than JUST a new map.

This is why you can never give early-stage info about one of your large projects; If it's not the first big thing that comes out, you're met with a lot of complaints for no reason.

904xxiGhost

08-08-2011

Quote:
JontheGreatest:
Would have much rather had Magma, I see me playing dominion once tops to see how bad it is.
<