why dominion over magma chamber?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backhandslap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Dominion is a big risk, but it bring a value proposition to LoL that DoTA 2 won't be able to match at release. If it succeeds Riot will have created a new type of MOBA that will retain those who may have left for DoTA 2 and bring in people new to the genre as well.

A new map will only please the existing community. And even then probably not all of that community.

fizzlebeef

08-08-2011

1) I think Dominion will be MUCH better because it completely changes the way the game will be played. Magma was different, but not this different. I like that and I think we're plenty due for some huge changes like this.

2) Magma had problems that I think they very likely never were able to work out. These we're balance issues I assume.

Overall, I think Dominion is a much better map because of the difference in play style.

Just think of it this way - it has the potential to make not that viable champs be viable, and make the very viable ones be not so viable. It will be refreshing.

I see it being a giant AoE fest though lol.

Archlord Mythos

08-08-2011

Because they probably don't want to do a half-baked job on Magma Chamber, and they also would rather get out the new game mode too, rather than JUST a new map.

This is why you can never give early-stage info about one of your large projects; If it's not the first big thing that comes out, you're met with a lot of complaints for no reason.

904xxiGhost

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JontheGreatest View Post
Would have much rather had Magma, I see me playing dominion once tops to see how bad it is.
<