Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ Riot Future of Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cBadgers

08-08-2011

Looking down the road in months/years how do you invision dominion fitting into the competitive LoL scene?

Personally i think it could potentially be the main form of competition because shorter faster games are generally more marketable (see SC2) and CP is easier to understand than SR style games for an uneducated viewer. I was interested to see what the riot people thought about this after actually seeing and playing the game

The Uprising

Recruiter

08-08-2011

Quote:
cBadgers:
Looking down the road in months/years how do you invision dominion fitting into the competitive LoL scene?

Personally i think it could potentially be the main form of competition because shorter faster games are generally more marketable (see SC2) and CP is easier to understand than SR style games for an uneducated viewer. I was interested to see what the riot people thought about this after actually seeing and playing the game

No wards, no jungle, randomized quests. Its clearly made for the competitive scene.

cBadgers

08-08-2011

well yeah but i was wondering if it was begin thought of as becoming the main competitive game type over SR

828Edso

08-08-2011

Dominion looks like a side game for casuals, like 3v3 TT . I doubt it will ever become as competitive as 5v5 SR. Not to mention certain champions will be OP in dominion and I will lose all faith in this game if Riot starts balancing for dominion instead of SR.

Dominion was just a tactic for Riot so they can have a showing at gamecon and compete with Dota 2. I think a lot more people would have liked observer mode, replays and another 5v5 map with the same game play.

Aluminar

08-08-2011

making dominion the main ranked scene would be like adding a starcraft ranked mode where you start with 3000 gas and minerals, 200 food, all tech unlocked, and can instabuild units so that players can instantly start clashing.

Dominion takes out a lot of the complexity and mechanics or regular games (aka: farming, zoning, ganking etc...) which is why i believe it will never compete with the regular game mode