Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Concern about "Quests"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinbu

08-08-2011

Hi!

While it may seem interesting to have the quest mechanic introduced, I can't help but feel that it randomizes the game too much.

(Taken from what I've inferred from the new video and other previews)

I see that Quests will give objectives, but lets say the quest says take the two bottom points. If you're team is already in a good position to attack it, then it seems like the game randomly gave you a better oppertunity to win.

This is a concern because it eliminates any sort of competitive atmosphere (remember random spawns in the jungle of SR?) Consistency is very important in a game, so may a red shed some light on this decision?

The Uprising

Recruiter

08-08-2011

Randomized is cool, league of party 24 is going to be awesome!!!11! They will have ranked too!

Sinbu

08-08-2011

apparently they arent random. I sure hope that both teams get the same ones at the same times

Archlord Mythos

08-08-2011

From what I've read from other reviews, the quests can be EXTREMELY varied, from taking certain capture points to getting certain center-map buffs, to probably a lot of other things.

Sure, some quests are going to be easier than others at various times, but it's equally possible that you would get a quest that you're nowhere near ready to complete!