Thank you,Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timechild

08-07-2011

I've created my account on launch day, and I have played ever since. In the FAQ page of the website, there was a statement that sounded something like this: "Eventually we want to create maps with different objectives, using the same champions". "Neat idea, but it will prorably never become reality" - that's what I thought. The game was great. I played a lot, and now I have ~2000 games played. As time progressed however things started going in a bad way. Nothing promised was released for over a year except champions(I fail to see ranked games as something different). IP prices started climbing. Just two weeks ago I started thinking about leaving the game altogether. The games I played were boring, the new champions - very expensive, and I had just found out Magma chamber was no longer in development. At the same time Observer mode was announced, but not released just like everything. No 3150 champions for 6 months, and obviously there aren't going to be any ever again. Riot's popularity has made them greedy. Threads bashing Riot seemed as reasonable as ever.
Just a few days ago, however, you showed what you were actually working on for over a year - silently taking every insult we threw at you, smiling at yourselves, thinking of our reaction, when we finally found out. I couldn't believe my eyes. Screw magma chamber, it's a whole new mode!!! It truly was unexpected. I honestly never thought that you will ever create a new mode.
So what am I thinking right now? Who cares about champions being expensive? Or unbalanced? Or patches crashing the servers? Who cares that you promised stuff, but we are yet to see it? I know I don't. All I care is I'm about to play a cool new mode. I actually feel guilty right now for never buying RP. I've made a promise to myself, when i get my first salary after finding a job, 30$ are going to be spent on RP. Even If for some reason I'm not playing anymore. You deserve getting it,and more. Thank you, Riot, for making my day for so long. I hope this thread will make yours for once.

TLDR: No matter what decision Riot makes about their game, it's still going to be THE GAME, and I want to thank them for that.

PS. I might bump this thread a bit, before I go to bed, because I want a rioter to read it and see some of us are actually grateful. Everyone who feels the same, join me!

Séjuani

08-07-2011

i agree. also anyone whose ever had a problem with a game company knows that riot has top-notch customer service people who deserve a shout out too.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-07-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

<3

Chulado

08-07-2011

Thank you for doing tedious work of programing, dealing with things that don't work the way you want, while simultaneously getting insulted; all for a free* game.

Dreamer529

08-07-2011

This made me smile

EternalDarkSushi

08-07-2011

I definitely agree it's nice to see new changes to our beloved game. It's a real pity that a good majority of this community want instant results and changes, as soon as inhumanly possible. With such a popular and presently(and hopefully even more so in the future)successful game like this, a lot of issues can arise when it relates to balancing, creating, fixing, and oh so much more. Perhaps they've missed the mark on a few things in some areas, but they do an amazing job at making things work properly.

Faults or not, I truly believe Riot cares about it's people, through and through. I won't point any fingers, but other widely known games and their staff never expressed or attempted to show how much they cared about their people. Yeah, showing such does mean they improve their profits and function as a company properly. I do feel they are in it for more than just that though. I'll stick by Riot and their game for the long haul, however long that is. Both my fiancee and I get enjoyment from this game, and we don't see that changing anytime soon. Keep up the hard work Riot, you're doing just fine in our book!

MagicalSasquatch

08-07-2011

I got goose bumps when I read this. Obviously, goose bumps of happiness. I love Riot Games. They are the best. I'm always buying RP with the new champions coming out. I went on vacation for 3 weeks, and I was like "****, I'm behind!" So I go, buy 30$ in RP, buy Wukong and Leona, and I bought extra for Skarner coming out soon. I love Riot Games. They are the best. They have great customer service. Currently I'm having issues with my League of Legends, it keeps crashing on me when I join games, very simple. I go to support and get the -best- help ever, from the Riot Games team. I agree with Timechild, you deserve more then just 30$, and you guys did a great job on this new game mode. What bothers me the most is that a majority of LoL population will be going to DotA2 when it comes out. And then you guys will lose customers. And I love how you made this work way too good for us all. And now all those trolls talking bad about you Riot Games are probably feeling like idiots now.

Melermo

08-07-2011

I still don't like the 6,300 thing though. After countless threads, still no response.

This is how I felt on Yorick, Leona and Wukong release day:

cIedus

08-07-2011

I lost the game. thanks for your TLDR OP, were you just trying to make me lose?

Terrorvision

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Obviously less expensive champs would be very welcome to the community as well as myself. I just have to own every champion and I have for some time. I compulsively buy every champ usually on release day... with IP. I'm able to farm the IP easily enough. Also, conspicuously, I usually have right about 6300 on champ release... maybe 6500 maybe 6100 but always very very nearly 6300. I must fit into some riot employee's mathemagics.