Almost a year of Mac beta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sciyth

08-07-2011

Celebrating 1 year of Mac gaming power.

I believe the first invites went out late August and most original beta testers got in through the links in September and October.

It has been almost a year and the Mac community has grown

though there are still many bugs the Mac client is much better it was.

Now if only RIot would finish the beta so all Mac gamers can play

JXChain

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post

Now if only RIot would finish the beta so all Mac gamers can play
That will not happen unless the irresponsible 20 year olds that work at riot disappears.

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Yeah i never got a invite but i did get in through the link that was posted by Udyr before it was taken down.

I personally think its improved quite a bit. Wish Riot would give it more attention though. Though we know now that it wont be out for season 2.

iamriddik

08-07-2011

is there any logical reason it's still a closed beta? why not just open it to all?

sciyth

08-07-2011

THe servers can't handle the massive amount of players. RIot colsed the beta because they didn't want more players flooding the servers, especially on a client that isn't fully developed

xChroNx

08-07-2011

does anyone else get slow load times, random crashes for no reason when ur about to go to the loading screen for a match, and veigars picture shows up as a blue square unless hes in a different skin? O.o

Ediwir

Wrenchman

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChroNx View Post
does anyone else get slow load times, random crashes for no reason when ur about to go to the loading screen for a match, and veigars picture shows up as a blue square unless hes in a different skin? O.o
slow load, yes. i improved that.
random crashed, i fixed that.
veigar, i fixed that.

we can fix issues, remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
THe servers can't handle the massive amount of players. RIot colsed the beta because they didn't want more players flooding the servers, especially on a client that isn't fully developed
tehee. server is the same for win and mac. totally wrong answer.
client isn't public 'cause they abandoned the project for now. easy. look towards the fanbase if you need something.

Brockrascolov

08-07-2011

I have had -no- issues since they fixed invisible Kaiser. >>

sciyth

08-07-2011

Edwir if they open the beta their will be more players which equals more strain on the server. I am aware we play on the same servers as everyone else. When I said the servers can't handle the massive amount of players I meant every lol player.

Also it is easier to help (or in r case ignore) a smaller community. Our client is not bug free and Riot doesn't want a large amount of players to "suffer" because of the bad client

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Edwir, how did you fix your random crashes?