Flip map option - confusion calling lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rndmhro

07-20-2009

Currently in the game is an option to flip the map(making it appear as you spawn at the bottom instead of top corner of the map)

While I personally love this feature as it can keep the HUD out of my way, it does lead to calling out top and bottom lanes wrong if you forget or don't know the map is flipped. This creates quite a bit of confusion in games. The way it is currently without the map showing some form of lane indication I'd rather just have the feature pulled or consider making it default.

Any other opinions on this?

Fuzzylogic85

07-20-2009

I also agree with this. Anyway to just put a map description of some sort on the minimap? Saying North/Up, Down/South?

Nsaneomatic

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

The enemy's gate is always down. (sorry no real feedback just thought of that book)

muusbolla

07-20-2009

I had this problem last night as well. I personally cannot stand to flip the camera - it just wierds me out, and throws off my map awareness (since the map is not 100% symmetrical AFAIK). However, some of my teammates had the map flipped and they were calling the wrong lanes... fortunately we were on Vent to sort out the confusion.

rndmhro

07-20-2009

I feel like I'm wearing a partial eye patch when starting at the top. It's like I have to overcompensate scroll to make up for the minimap(not so mini) and end up losing a bit of sight behind me. While the ui can get in the way both directions I think it's a matte of perception due to the camera angle.

Yorel

07-21-2009

It should be pretty easy to sort it out in vent imo.

The option to flip the map is my favorite option by far.

I can't stand to play top without it.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-21-2009

There was a REALLY long thread and argument about this a month or two ago. We kept asking Riot to add in visual markers on the map so we could say "x is mia" "heading to square to push" - the argument kinda died away, maybe they will listen now.

Luke

07-21-2009

I think putting Map Descriptions, such as North/South/East/West, as well as having MIA Hotkeys would fix this
OR
just always make Flip Map the default option so everyone in game always starts on the bottom-left, no questions asked.

I prefer option #1, personally.

Dargonaut

07-21-2009

Yeah, having compass directions on the border would be rad.

Warskull

Adjudicator

07-21-2009

Add colored lines to each lane indicating creep path. They can be different for each lane. Thus you could call lane green or lane blue.