Do you want Dominion to have a ranked mode?

Yes 627 80.69%
No 150 19.31%
Voters: 777. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want Dominion to have a ranked mode?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Proz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

I like dark chocolate energy drinks

HaIfhearted

08-07-2012

Yes, I am necro'ing this thread. It's for a good cause.

As Morello already said, we are getting ranked Dominion. This was said a hell of a long time ago.
I don't see why we can't have ranked immediately when season 3 starts.

Dominion has had almost an entire *year* for us to get our feet wet.
-There is already a meta.
-There are already top picks and bans.
-There are already top teams competing in the weekly DominateDominion tournament.

We have our top players, we have our meta, we've been experimenting with and expanding the Dominion meta for an extremely long time now.

What we want right now is:
1) a dodge penalty, because draft is unplayable right now
and
2) ranked, so that SR people will take us seriously for once.

I honestly don't understand what you are waiting for now, besides the end of season 2.
Mind assuaging the fears of the Dominion community, Morello?

Ragnaarock

08-07-2012

So..... this thread still about chocolate?
Chocolate is toxic for most pets, too bad for twitch, sejuani's boar, Anivia, Tibbers,Teemo, Alistair, Cassiopeia, Rammus, Renekton, Skarner, Udyr, Volibear, Warwick, Wukong and sometimes Malphite. You may also include other yordles but Teemo accounts for 69.38% of all yordles played so it is assumed. So yeah........ Chocolate.

DjDragon2000

08-07-2012

Hello Morello, thank you so much for incorporating ranked in dominion. Let me explain a lil bit who I am. I used to play world of warcraft for the past 8 years and I stop playing it for you LoL now. BUT only for dominion. why? bcz in classical, as fun as it can be, there is too many people that " surrenders" too early and go into RAGE MODE all the time for non sense reason which makes the whole 15-60 min a huge waste of time. I don't play ( and I will never play ) classical. The only people who actually have fun are 'premades' I think. but let's be realistic, how many of us are in premade? maybe 10% .... right... so the rest 90% are not in premades...

Now, Dominion on the other side, we CANNOT request surrender until sometimes by the end. now that's FUN!. Cuz althought we have cheap ( or not so skilled players ), at least, we don't waste 60 minute of our day for nothing. And I'm pretty sure alot of people would agree with me

so YES ranked dominion is definetly good!!! I play Poppy all the time and I have alot of fun. I even refer my lil brother to come play and he likes it!

Some people says poppy sucks, but hey, when u get 27 kills and you get 1st place... she doesn't really sucks if you know how to play with her

I also want to congratulate you guys for the new system that oblige player to click " ready" in order to start the game. It did somehow lowered the amount of afk/bots/disconnecter of the chart!! Very good

But, what I think would be even better, not sure if you guys enought material to do so, would be to have a system that " instantly" allow other players to replace afker/or disconnected so that we can continue the game. I also think Dominion should last a lil longer... or even better, we should have a Dominion for beginners ( original time ) and advance ( longer time-play ). That's all I have to say today. thanks

GeneralStan

08-07-2012

Excellent Bump

I believe a year is plenty of time to "cook"

Graogg

08-07-2012

Dominion has been incredibly fun for the past year. There still are no obviously OP champs that can't be banned, no one build to rule them all, and a variety of tactics even at the highest play levels. It's time Riot showed some support and flip that switch.

Orphane

08-07-2012

Time to put your words into action, Riot.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Lol they dont' even look at this forum anymore Riot is done with Dom. I'm sad because I would play it a lot if they paid any attention to it.

0shi

08-07-2012

I don't believe this is any longer the reason that Dominion ranked is not out, a much more recent post from Nome talked about worries splitting the population between multiple queues

naotasan

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
I don't believe this is any longer the reason that Dominion ranked is not out, a much more recent post from Nome talked about worries splitting the population between multiple queues
They're just giving us reasons why they haven't released it now! They hate us!

</troll>

Okay enough of that. It's probably on the back burner. A lot of my friends (in game and irl) are saying that they're fine that ranked isn't out yet, but it's about time. Additionally, if ranked doesn't come with Season 3, a lot of people are done with League entirely. Whether or not that holds water is yet to be seen.

Alternatively, we could have our own separate season totally split from SR's season, but that would just be Chaotix.