Do you want Dominion to have a ranked mode?

Yes 627 80.69%
No 150 19.31%
Voters: 777. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want Dominion to have a ranked mode?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnyone View Post
chocolate is awesome, I am also incredibly glad Hersey and Cadbury did NOT manage to get the law through congress in the US that would allow them to market a mix of real chocolate and artificial flavorings as "chocolate" (they basically wanted to sell 50% coca based 50% industrial byproduct based candy as "chocolate" or something ), unless this has changed in the past couple of years since I saw that go up.
This is pretty much what white chocolate is, except white chocolate is a k. It's gross.

Lachrymosity

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
This is pretty much what white chocolate is, except white chocolate is a k. It's gross.
You seem to be uninformed on how chocolate is made. White chocolate is actually made from cocoa butter, a fat obtained from the cocoa bean, milk chocolate is a combination of cocoa butter and cocoa powder, and dark chocolate is basically all cocoa powder. So in fact white chocolate is not "industrial byproduct based,". However it is not chocolate in a technical sense as its main ingredient is only a byproduct of the cocoa bean.

Sekunri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachrymosity View Post
You seem to be uninformed on how chocolate is made. White chocolate is actually made from cocoa butter, a fat obtained from the cocoa bean, milk chocolate is a combination of cocoa butter and cocoa powder, and dark chocolate is basically all cocoa powder. So in fact white chocolate is not "industrial byproduct based,". However it is not chocolate in a technical sense as its main ingredient is only a byproduct of the cocoa bean.
You know... I once wondered how they tasted so different. I never thought I'd learn this on the LoL forum boards though. Thank you for that tidbit.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-07-2011
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Actually, I stand corrected. I looked into this and found the reason we're not doing Ranked on launch is to make sure the rankings are meaningful. Summoner's Rift had a lot of "cook time" before Season 1 to let players learn how to play and such. We want to afford that same opportunity to Dominion.

So Ranked will be coming out, but we wanna let people get their feet wet first.

Alatian

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Actually, I stand corrected. I looked into this and found the reason we're not doing Ranked on launch is to make sure the rankings are meaningful. Summoner's Rift had a lot of "cook time" before Season 1 to let players learn how to play and such. We want to afford that same opportunity to Dominion.

Makes sense. Otherwise you'll have a bunch of Casey Nelsons in the 2k Elo range.

Zelodos

08-07-2011

Quote:
I explained why it's not shipping with it in other threads;

We're shipping ranked in Dominion, just not right on launch.

This thread is now about chocolate.
i understand why u wouldnt put it out in ranked yet. is it because lvl 30 people will play it ranked before normal without enough practice. that would just kill all of our elos

Aurx

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mueble View Post
i understand why u wouldnt put it out in ranked yet. is it because lvl 30 people will play it ranked before normal without enough practice. that would just kill all of our elos
It's to make sure the map is balanced and to let people get used to the map. He said that like three posts above yours.

HunterHagen

08-07-2011

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAAi_42uIkQ

LethalityVoX

08-07-2011

Quote:

Bookmarked, will hold you to this.

P.S. don't overcook it; don't get me wrong as thrilling as passively farming for twenty minutes is I'd much rather play the game type where it's aggression right out of the gate.

LordHippoman

08-07-2011

White chocolate is underrated by the masses.