What is trundle good for?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oneironaut5

08-06-2011

Hello everybody, I'm fairly new to LoL, only been playing a few days, but I've got a good bit figured out. This weeks free champion selection didn't look to good to me, other than trundle.

I jungle him to 5 or 6 then begin to lane/gank wherever needed, but his damage sucks really bad, I can almost never get a kill with him.

The only thing I see him good for is to use that giant stone sludge thing to slow an enemy to allow your team to catch up and kill.

I usually go like 3/2 or something.

Any advice on how to get some kills with this guy?

-Thanks!

(I do have a guide on Mobafire that I follow, so I'm building him correctly.)

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Don't know how your building him, main goal is to get a hit on them and perma slow with phage/triforce/mallet. And to be the tanky dps for team, and mess up enemy tank with ult.

Hwa Ryun

08-06-2011

Y u no show assists????

But yeah, Riot was stupid enough to make him free this week...

oneironaut5

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashandarei25 View Post
Y u no show assists????

But yeah, Riot was stupid enough to make him free this week...
Why is it stupid that he is free?

Cenerae

08-06-2011

Trundle is some sort of anti champion. His ult steals armor/mr from the target, making him anti-tank. His Q steals AD from the target making him anti-carry. His pillar can be used to break up the enemy team (it can block narrow gaps) and slow everyone down. His terrain buff lets him chase people down.

Ultimately he doesn't work as well as he should, but the idea is you ult the enemy tank to make yourself beefier and then clobber the enemy dps.

oneironaut5

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Trundle is some sort of anti champion. His ult steals armor/mr from the target, making him anti-tank. His Q steals AD from the target making him anti-carry. His pillar can be used to break up the enemy team (it can block narrow gaps) and slow everyone down. His terrain buff lets him chase people down.

Ultimately he doesn't work as well as he should, but the idea is you ult the enemy tank to make yourself beefier and then clobber the enemy dps.
Thank you, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.

Fatalend

08-06-2011

Trundle is a good champion I started playing a lot.

You'll want 25 Armor pen from runes on him, he does a ton of damage from his Q and can kill any champion in the game fairly quickly.

I build a wriggles, boots are almost always Merc Treads, a sheen is good which will boost the power of your Q and will be finished into a Trinity Force, after that you'll want to build tanky with items like Randuin's Omen and Banshee's Veil.

Other good items on him include Ghostblade and Last Whisper, but really only after you've made yourself tanky and able to sustain in team fights.

Like another poster said, the idea of his character is to be anti carry by using your ult on the enemy tank to maximize armor and magic resist and then using bite on the enemy carry to weaken and eventually kill them.

Good trundle play is always made by knowing how to use your pillar.

oneironaut5

08-06-2011

Also, trundle is always out of mana... is the only way to solve that with the blue buff?

Fatalend

08-06-2011

I find he only has mana issues early game, and yes he is reliant on blue but so are most junglers.

Trundle has very low mana costs, I never have problems.

Quote:
I jungle him to 5 or 6 then begin to lane/gank wherever needed, but his damage sucks really bad, I can almost never get a kill with him.
His damage is solid and more than enough for taking out squishies. His bite does a lot of damage and boosts your damage afterwards also.

Hwa Ryun

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaut5 View Post
Why is it stupid that he is free?
Because it's challenges the goals of the SSOTP...

Though if you truly want some tips I'll link you to a guide by the oddone, because mobafire is trash 99% of the time. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1134