Guardian Escutcheon - "The Trinity Force for Tanks" Discussion

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diamondragan

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireShadow View Post
Add some HP and tanky-dps will never lose. I like the idea but seriously either up the cost or down the values. Also, you're basically describing a Guardian Angel with movement speed. Still, a perfect tank item akin to Deathcap, Trinity Force, or IE would be nice.

Warden's Mail (1350g) + Spirit Visage(1550g) + 1000g = [your name goes here] (3900g)

60 Armor; 50 Magic Resist; 350 Health; 25 health per 5; 15% CDR; 20% Improved Healing;

UNIQUE Passive: On taking damage, increases your Armor and Magic resist by 4 and your movement speed by 2%. Lasts 5 seconds (stacks up to 4 times)

Sort of a Trinity Force for tanks and not likely to ever happen.
Apparently there is nothing wrong with building one powerful offensive item and then nothing but tank items, but whatever happened to shun the thought of one powerful tank item and then nothing but offensive items. Meh, this places cost and utility above "d00d that's too good for one item" arguments.

Now that we're all well and introduced, my name is Admiral ****face, we can get talking about one of two items that has eluded the League of Legends scene since it's creation.

We're going to talk about the Lord of Tank items, as the Trinity Force, Infinity Edge, Rabadon's Deathcap, and Madred's Bloodrazor each serve as the Lord of their classes: skill-based AD, AD DPS, AP DPS, and Jungler. Lich Bane exists for skill-based (low cooldown, low base damage) AP champions, but for the most part the fact that saying "not all casters are skill/ability-based" just messes with people and leaves me to try and explain, etc. Let's just say that Trinity Force and Lich Bane are the gods of AD and AP, respectively, which each rely on abilities with low cooldowns and relatively low instant effect (AKA: NOT Annie).

There is no Legendary item for the Tank class, nor one for the Support class. For now, we will talk about making a Tank item worthy of a price exceeding 3000 Gold.

"But Diamon, everyone needs defense so any champion could pick this up - unlike the items you listed before which each are geared for a specific type of damage output and are worthless buys for champions that are not used as such!"

Shove it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legendary items are built out of several (max: 3) lower-cost items and come together to increase the raw stats of the ingredients and buff the passives (if any) of them as well, perhaps taking particular note to overemphasize one item's passive as a means to suit the main utility of the item.

For items that would be cheap enough to throw together for a Tank Legendary item:
  • Chain Vest - 700G
  • Glacial Shroud -1525G
  • Warden's Mail - 1350G
  • Catalyst the Protector - 1325G
  • Giant's Belt - 1110G
  • Heart of Gold - 825G
  • Kindlegem - 850G
  • Spirit Visage - 1550G
  • Emblem of Valor - 800G
  • Philosopher's Stone - 800G
  • Chalice of Harmony - 890G
  • Negatron Cloak - 740G
  • Quicksilver Sash - 1440G

None of these items directly effect damage output capability, effectively serving as good components to a Legendary Tank item.

Now, as a small perspective detour, we should think about whether or not we can give any of these items, might they be in incredible disrepair and would benefit with being bought as a means to build a powerful tank item, priority over the others as ingredients and if their effects would be well-received on such a tank item.

Items which could use some love:
  • Glacial Shroud - only builds into one item for high armor
  • Spirit Visage - builds into nothing, nerfed several times in an effort to avoid abuse with champions that are too powerful with an early healing buff
  • Chalice of Harmony - the **** stain of the whole League store
  • Warden's Mail - only builds into one item for high armor
  • Quicksilver Sash - utility beyond active effect is negligible

So we have more than a few issues here. If we build an item with Spirit Visage, we run the risk of supercharging the abuse it was nerfed for and giving the abusers of what used to be a decent item on the average champion even more bang for their troll. If we don't use Spirit Visage, then we lose a good component at the cost of negating the abuse chance. We only have two armor items on the "make me worth buying plx, it's cold and lonely in the store" list, and there are already plenty of armor options available at a great price so we should only need to use one even though both are attractive buys - albeit one is particularly less purchased.

Let's look at what makes the current Tank items of choice so popular:
  • Thormail - "Teh squishes, dey go bang and da squish demselves."
  • Force of Nature - "So i herd u liek watching my health bar go up fastish."
  • Banshee's Veil - "FUUUUU OP TABBEH!"
  • Randuin's Omen - "Retreat? Y so srs?"
  • Frozen Heart - "That turret is shooting slower. So fanneh joke."
  • Sunfire Cape - "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" *flames*
  • Warmog's Armor - "Mundo goes where he pleases."
  • Aegis of the Legion - "I didn't know what else to buy..."
  • Atma's Impaler - "Mundo wtfpwns who he pleases."

If you look past the tried-to-be-funny commentary on the items, you'll notice that much of the use for the items is beyond the pure defense value and onto the extra passive/active bonuses. Taking from this, we need a solid mitigation item with gross utility for the Tank class in general.

Mana is the most common ability resource, so it would be wrong to completely shut it out of this item even though common Tank/Off-Tank champions (Mundo, Shen, Renekton) don't use mana. Health is a good stat, but too much on one item that already has professional mitigation statistics is asking for a bit more than necessary and serves as a means to make sure this item is not chosen for implementation due to (lack of) balancing issues. We absolutely do not want any offense on this item, and will regard Cooldown Reduction as not being an offensive statistic, because it isn't always such (Rammus - DBC/Taunt, Shen shield/taunt, Nasus slow, etc) and Tanks innately rely on their abilities for damage anyway. Therefore, even though we don't want to buff offense, Tanks mainly get it from base damages on their skills and almost exclusively so, making this a good pick for Tanks if we buff that statistic. Not to mention that even though damage is coupled with crowd control (Powerball, Bandage Toss, Curse of the Sad Mummy, Ice Blast) that such abilities are used almost exclusively for the control when it comes to fighting with your team (AKA: not as a means to harass).

*taking a moment to breathe*

If you look back at our short, puppy-eyed list for the items in need of a sales pitch and a loving home, we can probably place bets that Chalice of Harmony, Quicksilver Sash and Warden's Mail would be great picks for a decent Legendary Tank item.

NUMBA MATHS TIME!!!11!1!11!11!

Chalice of Harmony + Warden's Mail + Quicksilver Sash = 3680

Combine Cost: 400~800G?

Combined total statistics without buffs:
  • +86 Magic Resistance
  • +50 Armor
  • +20 Health Regeneration per 5
  • +7.5 Mana Regeneration per 5
  • UNIQUE Passive: Increases your Mana Regen by 1% per 1% Mana you are missing.
  • Passive: 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 35% for 3 seconds.
  • Active: Removes all debuffs from your character. 105 second cooldown.

Doesn't that just make you want to gut yourself? It's time for another episode of Pimp My Plan! (if it censors that first word, think about Snoop Dogg and Katt Williams)

It gives 86 Magic Resistance. Some casters out there are about ready to flip out, take a class on tracking online access, find me in real life, and put a bullet in my left nut. Well, you do that. Seeing as there are more Armor options available, this one item with a high price tag would replace (or certainly delay) the purchase of Banshee's Veil and/or Force of Nature and require an Armor item to be purchased alongside itself. So, you can thank me later or go bust a cap in your own ass for making a premade team with nothing but AP champions, thereby making a loss due to mitigation only your own fault. Still, this is pricey, and I like numbers with zeroes in them. So, let's make this 100 MR. Hey, hey...I'm kidding. 200 MR.

It gives 50 Armor. Are you joking? That's like...50 Armor! What are you supposed to do with that? I propose we raise it to a respectable number, so...20 Armor. Don't you dare mock my logic!

Health Regeneration is nice. This won't be the only item in a Tank's build, surely, so we can give that just a tiny buff.

Decimals with MP5 again? Let's face it: you either buy mana and don't have defense or you don't buy mana and can't really use your skills. Golem Elder Blessing? What makes you think that a Tank deserves that? We will address Tank statistics prioritizing with mana in this item.

About the passives, I'm thinking major tweaks are necessary.

So, negotiable statistics altercations and the fact that we haven't addressed a combine cost gives us this prospective item for, likely, over 4000 gold:
  • +60 Armor
  • +90 Magic Resistance
  • +25 Health Regeneration per 5
  • +10 Mana Regeneration per 5
  • UNIQUE Passive: Regenerates 1% of your maximum mana every second.
  • UNIQUE Passive: 15% Cooldown Reduction (we talked about this, remember)
  • UNIQUE Passive: 100% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 35% for 3 seconds.
  • UNIQUE Active: Removes all debuffs from your character and makes you immune to debuffs for 2 seconds. 90 second cooldown.

Someone just **** himself/herself. Before you go, "OMG WTF NOOB!" try to understand what this is trying to address and the understandable circumstances that some statistics can cause on the diverse Champion collection in the League.
  • Decent/crappy (I mean come on, it's over 4000 gold) base statistics.
  • Building high-value Tank items ignores mana pool or mana regeneration entirely.
  • There has to be that one overemphasized passive (Warden's Mail) to be the trademark of the item.
  • Removing debuffs doesn't ever stop the sure-to-follow debuffs of the split-second future.

"Champions that would benefit the most from this item," as Xypherous so elegantly put it:
  • RoA Singed: An eternity of poison trail.
  • Nunu: Can't interrupt his ultimate for 2 seconds.
  • Kassatank: More, "**** you, mages," for your, "**** you, mages."
  • Amumu: Hit him? Die. Don't hit him? Die. Die? Die.
  • Warwick: The only counter to me is burst damage. Look at my shiny new MR! MUAHAHAHA! *nightmare music*
  • Ryze: Captain Mage Tank, reporting for pwnage.
  • Thornnus: Moar cc for my damage for my cc for my damage, yo.
  • I'm sure someone else has ideas for these.

At the very least, start with this list of items and make an appropriate item of your own. Remember, NO OFFENSE STATS (besides CDR).
  • Chain Vest - 700G
  • Glacial Shroud -1525G
  • Warden's Mail - 1350G
  • Catalyst the Protector - 1325G
  • Giant's Belt - 1110G
  • Heart of Gold - 825G
  • Kindlegem - 850G
  • Spirit Visage - 1550G
  • Emblem of Valor - 800G
  • Philosopher's Stone - 800G
  • Chalice of Harmony - 890G
  • Negatron Cloak - 740G
  • Quicksilver Sash - 1440G
Please make a good explanation and beware of champions that can abuse your suggested item too much to be a practical implementation. Now that I think about it, my suggestion seems like more of a great aim for Tank synergy and less of an issue, all things considered (mitigation penetration, the lack of Health on the item, etc).

Thoughts and comments are appreciated, but what would be even nicer to see is an item from the Spirit Visage in the form of a Legendary Tank item that isn't insanely overpowered.

EDIT: I was thinking about Tanks and Chalice of Harmony when all of the sudden it hits me...

Guardian Escutcheon:

Chalice of Harmony + Defender + Tear of the Goddess + 500 Gold = 4185 Gold
  • +90 Armor
  • +50 Magic Resist
  • +20 Mana Regeneration per 5
  • +350 Mana
  • UNIQUE Passive: 15% Cooldown Reduction
  • UNIQUE Passive: Upon taking damage, gains 2 maximum mana. This effect cannot occur more than twice every three seconds. Maximum +1000 mana.
  • UNIQUE Passive: Increases mana regeneration by 1% for each 1% mana you are missing.

Defender:

Chain Vest + Chain Vest + 400 Gold = 1800 Gold
  • +90 Armor
  • UNIQUE Passive: 10% Cooldown reduction.

I just...can't use Glacial Shroud if I include Tear of the Goddess (+775 Mana!?!?!?! RYZE!?!?!?!?). Chalice is most powerful when alongside mana regeneration, and the game doesn't have a lot of that straight up or without damage attached. So, I had to make my own item. People have been asking for a Tear of the Goddess for Tanks for a LONG time, and this not only makes Chalice a much more useful and common purchase, but satisfies that desire as well! Like I said before, Tanks need CDR, but I didn't want to step all over Frozen Heart.

More or less, I was afraid of buffing the stats too hard on the final product. With enough discussion and support, I may be obligated to change that. Regardless, I feel really proud of what I've done, albeit a bit less on account of Riot's neglect towards mana regeneration items for all classes of champions. Let me know what you think!

EDIT 2:

Back again in this thread to add something. Ever since I added the Tear of the Goddess, it doesn't feel like a Trinity Force for Tanks...it just feels like the (overpriced, if so) Tank counterpart to Manamune and Archangel's Staff. Am I wrong? I feel like I should make a new item already because I didn't make what I wanted, I made something that fits the wants of others. There's just nothing Tank about this item as I've designed it, I feel...but if this isn't what I want then a Tank Archangel's Staff or Tank Manamune shouldn't cost so **** much (which is on account of including unnecessary extra effects from Chalice and high armor with the Defender instead of just two lower grade defense materials and a Tear; now that I think about it, I didn't even give a bonus effect for defense related to mana...which contributes to this item not being a Tank Tear item but, but...I just don't know...).

Void Disturber:

Defender + Spell Screen + Longevity Hood + 400 Gold = 4200 Gold
  • +100 Armor
  • +55 Magic Resistance
  • +45 Health Regeneration per 5
  • UNIQUE Passive: 25% Cooldown reduction.
  • UNIQUE Passive: Taking spell damage charges this item. Every time you take spell damage, this item gains 1 charge, up to a maximum of 20 charges. Multiple target and area effects spells can only charge this item once every 5 seconds.
  • UNIQUE Active: This item discharges, silencing all nearby enemy champions for .1 seconds per charge. 60 second cooldown.

Spell Screen:

Null-Magic Mantle + Null-Magic Mantle + 400 Gold = 1000 Gold
  • +48 Magic Resistance
  • UNIQUE Passive: Upon taking spell damage, increases the cooldowns of nearby enemies by .5 seconds. 45 second cooldown.

Longevity Hood

Regrowth Pendant + Rejuvenation Bead + 315 Gold = 1000 Gold
  • +40 Health Regeneration per 5

This being a replacement for the Escutcheon, an item for Tank Tear users would need to be made.

Warsoul of Magic

Tear of the Goddess + Chain Vest + Null-Magic Mantle + 400 Gold = 2495 Gold
  • +350 Mana
  • +10 Mana Regeneration per 5
  • +45 Armor
  • +30 Magic Resistance
  • UNIQUE Passive: Each time you use an ability, you gain 4 maximum mana (3 second cooldown). Each time you take damage, you gain 2 maximum mana (1 second cooldown).
  • UNIQUE Passive: Incoming damage is reduced by the proportion of 1% of your maximum mana to 1% of your maximum mana +100 before damage is calculated with your resistances.

Impenetrable defense. Maths: Annie uses rank 5 Disintegrate without Ability Power or Magic Penetration against your 60 Magic Resistance (30 base + 30). You have 1000 mana, so the 250 damage is first reduced by (.01 * 1000 / (.01 * 1000) + 100) as a percent (9%), and then the result of that by (60/160) as a percent (37.5%). It is like having a third type of mitigation that applies to both types of damage taken before normal Armor/MR. This is more efficient for the user over the alternative (adds 1% of maximum mana to Armor and Magic Resistance) and cannot be penetrated.

Of course, as far as Riot's concerned you might as well just make 1% of maximum mana into Armor and Magic Resistance. They suck that way.

Now I'm happy with all I've contributed here.

EDIT 3: Perhaps I abused raw stat stacking a bit too hard with the Void Disturber? Pure stats are always cheaper, but how big of an issue is that?

EDIT 4: I'll be making some really odd and, if nothing else, interesting item concepts now to pass the time. Chain-losing due to leavers and poor team play isn't really the kind of stuff that keeps me playing.

Seismic Scouter:

Hextech Revolver + Negatron Cloak + Spirit Visage + 800 Gold = 4190
  • +20% Spellvamp
  • +78 Magic Resistance
  • +300 Health
  • UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
  • UNIQUE Passive: Increases the effects of healing and regeneration effects on yourself by 15%
  • UNIQUE Active: Sends a tremor across the map, revealing enemy champions briefly as it passes them.

Chains of Pain:

Negatron Cloak + Giant's Belt + 800 Gold = 2650 Gold
  • +48 Magic Resistance
  • +450 Health
  • UNIQUE Passive: Chains lash out, dealing 50 physical damage per second to enemies you're facing.
  • UNIQUE Active: Target ally suffers 50% less damage from all sources. Damage avoided is redirected to you. This effect stops if you move too far away from the target. Lasts 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

Posi-traction Cape:

Negatron Cloak + Cloak of Agility + 825 Gold = 2395
  • +48 Magic Resistance
  • +18% Critical Strike
  • UNIQUE Active: The movement speed of nearby enemy units cannot exceed your own for the next 10 seconds. 100 second cooldown.

Magimail:

Chain Vest + Meki Pendant + 300 Gold = 1390 Gold
  • +50 Armor
  • +15 Mana Regeneration per 5
  • UNIQUE Passive: +5% Cooldown Reduction

Runic Veneer:

Negatron Cloak + Meki Pendant + 300 Gold = 1430 Gold
  • +50 Magic Resistance
  • +15 Mana Regeneration per 5
  • UNIQUE Passive: +5% Cooldown Reduction

Bracers of the Mist:

Cloth Armor + Giant's Belt + Mana Manipulator + 500 Gold = 2385
  • +30 Armor
  • +500 Health
  • UNIQUE Passive: Increases the mana regeneration per 5 of nearby allied champions by 10.
  • UNIQUE Active: Renders the target ally invulnerable and untargetable for 1 second. Cannot self-target. 75 second cooldown.

Crystal Jacket:

Thornmail + 1000 Gold = 3000 Gold
  • +150 Armor
  • UNIQUE Passive: On being hit by standard attacks, returns 30% of the damage dealt as magic damage.
  • UNIQUE Passive: On being hit by standard attacks, debuffs the aggressor, reducing his/her attack damage by 5% for 5 seconds. Attack damage reduction stacks up to 10 times.

Frozen Spirit:

Negatron Cloak + Glacial Shroud + 1000 Gold = 3265
  • +50 Magic Resistance
  • +50 Armor
  • +500 Mana
  • UNIQUE Passive: +20% Cooldown Reduction
  • UNIQUE Passive: Reduces the ability power of nearby enemy units by 10%.

Wretched Ability Conduit:

Wriggle's Lantern + Negatron Cloak + Hextech Revolver + 500 Gold = 4040 Gold
  • +30 Attack Damage
  • +35 Armor
  • +40 Ability Power
  • +50 Magic Resistance
  • +20% Spellvamp
  • UNIQUE Active: Places an invisible ward with 1100 range sight that lasts for 3 minutes and reduces the power of all negative spells on all nearby allied units by 10% for 1 minute after it is placed. 3 minute cooldown.

Hailstorm Hammer:

Phage + Catalyst the Protector + 800 Gold = 3440 Gold
  • +20 Attack Damage
  • +500 Health
  • +500 Mana
  • UNIQUE Passive: Your attacks reduce the movement speed of all enemy units around the target by 30%.
  • UNIQUE Active: Applies this item's passive effect to a target from a distance. 750 range. 60 second cooldown.

With those last two particularly awkward item suggestions, I'll say adieu. 'Til next time, this is that guy that probably lives in a cave and eats only stale potato chips.

EDIT 5: The following is an item consolidation item sponsored by Cruel Moose. Numbers in parentheses represent the total bonuses of items being gained upon finishing the recipe.

Guardian Trinity

Chalice of Harmony + Warden's Mail + Glacial Shroud + 500 Gold = 4275 Gold
  • +100 (+10) Armor
  • +50 (+20) Magic Resistance
  • +500 (+75) Mana
  • +25 (+5) Health Regeneration per 5
  • +10 (+2.5) Mana Regeneration per 5
  • UNIQUE Passive: 30% (+10%) chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 35% for 3 seconds.
  • UNIQUE Passive: Increases your Mana Regen by 1% (+?%) per 1% Mana you are missing.

Perhaps that % could be changed, as was in an example item already suggested here in the front page.

Thank you for reading, those that have, and for all of the TL;DRers...free bumps! :D

Cruel Moose

07-04-2011

one big problem i see is that you made the proc rates 100%. If you remember, building a trinity force doesn't give you a free frozen mallet, your still stuck with the crappy phage proc rate. I believe it should stay the same for the tank version as well. Basically the combine cost is to save backpack space + buff the raw stats a little bit.

IAMAnthro

07-04-2011

Oooh, this is fun...

Glacial Shroud (1525 Gold) + Chalice of Harmony (890 Gold) + X gold combine cost
50+ Armor
35+ MR
500 mana
10 mana regen/5
UNIQUE PASSIVE: For every 1% mana missing, mana regen is increased by 1%
UNIQUE PASSIVE: 20%CDR
UNIQUE PASSIVE: Every hostile spell cast in X radius of you gives you X mana

Basically, an early to midgame tank item for mana hungry CDR based tanks like Galio, Amumu, and Nunu. The combine cost would probably need to be a bit expensive as having 20%CDR too early could cause bruisers to pick up the item.

clear world

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

Things about the item you made:

First, why do you gain more magic resistance than armor from this item, shouldn't it be the other way around since the norm is that you gain more armor than magic resistance in a game.

Second, why did you use quicksliver sash. I for one believe that Quicksliver sashis actually really good for the fact that it removes CC and should not build anything to it. It should only remain as a option to counter someone. A few more buffs maybe, but not an upgrade path.

Third, what makes Trinity Force good is not the stats it gives, but the effects. If you're trying to mimic trinity force, I would suggest the stats being lower.

Now to play along and create my very own defense trinity force:

Components:
- Kindlegem (850) + Chalice of Harmony (890) + Warden's Mail (1350) + 750 gold = 3840 gold

Stats: (how much it increased)
- 250 Health (+50)
- 55 Armor (+5)
- 35 Magic Resistance (+5)
- 30 Health Regen (+10)
- 12.5 Mana Regen (+5)
- 12.5% Cooldown Reduction (+2.5)
- Unique Passive: Increases your health regen and mana regen by 1.5% per 1% you are missing. (they increase to respect to their individual pools)
- Unique Passive: 30% chance to reduce physical attacker's movement speed and attack speed by 35% for 4 seconds.

The tanky item of all tanky items. I used the three least used items that I know of to make it. The upgrade cost is high because every stat is vaubleable to everyone, so the cost is suppose to reflect that. It's still very cost efficient when including the buffs to the passives.

Fairy EDIT! - After thinking it over and reading some comments, I changed my effects and I declare that every champion would be able to make good use of it because this is the tanky items of all tanky items with every stat you would want to be more tanky!

And Yes, I agree that a tanky trinity force item should never be made, but saying that, I still want to throw out random ideas for fun!

Cruel Moose

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by clear world View Post
Things about the item you made:

First, why do you gain more magic resistance than armor from this item, shouldn't it be the other way around since the norm is that you gain more armor than magic resistance in a game.

Second, why did you use quicksliver sash. I for one believe that Quicksliver sashis actually really good for the fact that it removes CC and should not build anything to it. It should only remain as a option to counter someone. A few more buffs maybe, but not an upgrade path.

Third, what makes Trinity Force good is not the stats it gives, but the effects. If you're trying to mimic trinity force, I would suggest the stats being lower.

Now to play along and create my very own defense trinity force:

Components:
- Kindlegem (850) + Chalice of Harmony (890) + Warden's Mail (1350) + 950 gold = 4040 gold

Stats: (how much it increased)
- 250 Health (+50)
- 55 Armor (+5)
- 35 Magic Resistance (+5)
- 35 Health Regen (+15)
- 12.5 Mana Regen (+5)
- 12.5% Cooldown Reduction (+2.5)
- Unique Passive: Increases your mana regen by 1.5% per 1% mana you are missing.
- Unique Passive: 25% chance to reduce physical attacker's movement speed and attack speed by 35% for 4 seconds.
- Unique Passive: Upon casting a spell, reduce AOE damage you take by 15% (Before damage reduction from armor and magic resistance) for 2.5 seconds. Refreshes each time activating a spell.

The tanky item of all tanky items. I used the three least used items that I know of to make it. The upgrade cost is high because every stat is vaubleable to everyone, so the cost is suppose to reflect that. It's still very cost efficient when including the buffs to the passives.

At the moment, I don't know which champions will benefit it from the most, so, I'll come edit this once I think of it.
Thats a great idea. It solves the problem of chalice being a dead item late game, while giving a lot of effects that most tanks can use. It would defiantly give me a reason to use chalice on Amumu knowing that I can later upgrade it into a decent item, giving me a different option than starting with a philosopher stone that I will just vendor late game.

I still think that the item shouldn't add anything new like the last passive though. If your gonna model it after Trinity Force, than do what it does. Lets you build 3 simple, great items, than combine it into one item slot while slightly buffing the raw stats. Adding a new Unique is a bit game breaking I would say since you are now getting another bonus effect on top of 3 already great unique effects. Not that anybody would build 2, but add the CDR as a Unique Passive: to give you your 3 passives.

Edit: Wanted to add that this would potentially cause a problem due to Warden's Mail Competing with Randuin's Omen which is a popular tanking item. I'm not sure what good tank item with a passive you could swap out for it, or perhaps you could just leave it as is since Trinity force suffers the same problem with the Phage vs Frozen Mallet Dilemma.

Diamondragan

07-04-2011

About my suggestion having more MR than Armor, the whole idea about the item is that armor is so much easier to buy, so after you buy it you wouldn't have any issue making up the Armor that you want.

I really like the suggestions you two have made. Of course this is all just idea crafting but I appreciate the effort towards making a Legendary Tank item.

That said, I hope this thread gets more attention and people start thinking about it more to help Tanks out.

Thanks again for your replies!

Doctor Tam

07-04-2011

So as the Trinity force, we need an item that emphasizes the 3 other aspects. So here's my idea.

Warden Mail + Spirit Visage (I think there should be a new MR item for this) + Catalyst
+ some gold

50 Armor
50 MR
500 Health
500 Mana
25 hp5
15% CDR
Unique: When hit, attacker has 30% chance of being slowed and weaker attack speed
Unique: +20% Self Heal
Unique: Every time an enemy champion hits you, you restore 2% of your max mana

Although only a few tank/offtanks could use this. Galio comes to mind. And Taric is practically giddy if he can get focused with this.

Private Riem

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Tam View Post
So as the Trinity force, we need an item that emphasizes the 3 other aspects. So here's my idea.

Warden Mail + Spirit Visage (I think there should be a new MR item for this) + Catalyst
+ some gold

50 Armor
50 MR
500 Health
500 Mana
25 hp5
15% CDR
Unique: When hit, attacker has 30% chance of being slowed and weaker attack speed
Unique: +20% Self Heal
Unique: Every time an enemy champion hits you, you restore 2% of your max mana

Although only a few tank/offtanks could use this. Galio comes to mind. And Taric is practically giddy if he can get focused with this.
Not to say it wouldn't probably be OP, but you have a contradiction here. On one hand you have a passive that reduce attack speed, and on the other hand a passive that give mana every time you're hit. See the issue? The item reduce its own efficiency.

axesandspears

07-05-2011

The problem with adding a trinity force like item to tanks is that every dps will get it and defeat the purpose. What you really need is items that dps wouldn't like, such as a stat stick that gives higher armor/magic resistance than ga but without the rez. There are several suggestions for such an item already on forumns.

Diamondragan

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
The problem with adding a trinity force like item to tanks is that every dps will get it and defeat the purpose. What you really need is items that dps wouldn't like, such as a stat stick that gives higher armor/magic resistance than ga but without the rez. There are several suggestions for such an item already on forumns.
You mean like making an item that only has armor and magic resistance, and maybe a handful of other things that are useless to carries...

...ohwait...

EDIT: I'm all for uber-cheap **** like "Magic Absorber" (150 MR) and "Antitouch Helm" (200 Armor) but I'm sure those won't help the cause at all.

12345 ... 6