Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VaginaISlayer

08-07-2011

Taric + Chogath = Skarner

What a beautiful baby

Kryonyde

08-07-2011

Sounds like Amumu from hell.

MrFlamingCat

08-07-2011

two beautiful wonderful words =D

FACE ROLL!!!!!!!

ultimate+passive...well.. OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP ^_0

BUY THIS CHAMPION

(before he's nurfed and you can't enjoy him anymore.)
If anything, he probably has 40 second cool downs an all his abilities, and if not.. he should.

I can tell you one thing right now. AttSpeed/AP or Pure AD even tank will be op simply because of his ult. next to your torrent, that's ok just grap your enemy and drag him to torrent for an easy kill.

Think about what you're creating Riot. Even Kog is not that OP for 6300

Just for the sake of it. More maps less champs woot \o/

Totally buying this champion though.

Naxtoof

08-07-2011

Quote:
Haarenfang:
You sir, would imagine wrong. Did you even read the ult? It says it does initial damage, allows him to attack and use abilities on the target during the ult, and then does more damage at the end. Man, i can't believe that you read people's comments and ignored the article itself.

Actually, YOU sir are wrong when i said i imagine i meant that this is not Skarner's final outlook and Riot will most likely fix any op damage ratios and will most likely not have this ul do very much damage or like i said not do any damage at all

i will leave it to Riot to balance him

anhsoul12

08-07-2011

Quote:
GonHorea:
Ultimate same as rampage from H O N

if you compared like that! *** hero basically Dota! Nothing special

Naxtoof

08-07-2011

Riot

I know I know, you have already said that he does damage with his ult BUT I really think that he would be a lot more usefull and more balanced if instead of damage he his ult would reduce armor AND magic resist since this would make him better in a team fight where i see that otherwise he would get focused down and not be any use whereas now your team would have something to focus and kill faster. The armor and magic resist reductions do not have to be very high but i think that if you are going for an ad (which i think i see a lot of them coming) I would rather be able to do more damage with my auto-attacks/abilities than just have a scratch bit more of damage and a suppression done to them.

Lastly a VERY important question: Since we all know that Critplank is extremely op(wont get into this right now but seriously riot he does need a nerf) i was thinking willl his oranges be able to get him out of skarner's ult?

Flucked

08-07-2011

how long you going to make us wait im Dieing 2 play him

raviere

08-07-2011

wow if they release skarner and the map in the same patch that will be a HUGE patch, btw he looks awesome and is his w like xin zhaos battlecry?

TwinNorita

08-07-2011

No point to get him

OH LOOK, A CHAMPION WITH AN ORIGINAL, UNIQUE STYLE (For LoL, this is big.)

Oh well he's too good time for a generalization hit. (AKA: NERFS.)

And no one played the champ ever again, cept scrubs who feed and newbies who don't know better.

Happened to Renekton, and many other champs, some with the audacity of being "reworked" (-cough- Kayle.)

This champion is a cash cow. OH MAN, IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT, HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Then when it gets nerfed it'll be pointless to bother, becoming a smurf tier champ.

Tulki

08-07-2011

So how about making this guy 3150? He's just going to get nerfed anyway.

There will be complaints about using his ult for tower kills. There will be many. And Riot will listen, and Skarner will be broken by nerfs.