How old do you have to be?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-05-2011

I've been trying to get a friend to play for a while, but he's very meticulous about the rules- he's saying that you have to be 18 to register for an account (he went through the ToS and all). It's only another few months, but I was sure that you had to be only 13. Anyone know, and can prove it? (or a mod post. That'd work too. Thanks! )

Cedian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

I dont imagine there being a certain age, and if there was its definatly not 18. Games rated M are 17+. A lot of MMO's/Online games dont have esrb ratings due to experiences differ depending on who you meet online, and I believe esrb only rates contents put out by the developer(i know this has nothing to do with the ToS).

Madman Reborn

08-05-2011

Erhm, tell him to just make his account and stop being so paranoid, it's perfectly legal.

HuntsAlone

Wrenchman

08-05-2011

Presented in the EULA
Under requirements
There is no "defined age"
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/eula

Quote:
In installing and using the Software and playing the Game, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree with the terms of this License Agreement. You must also: (i) read, understand and agree to the Riot Games Terms of Use (the ?Terms of Use?), incorporated herein by reference; (ii) register for an account in the Game (an ?Account?) (as further explained in the Terms of Use); and (iii) meet the hardware and connection requirements published at www.leagueoflegends.com (the ?Site?). These requirements may change as the Game evolves. You are wholly responsible for the cost of all internet connection fees, along with all equipment, servicing, or repair costs necessary to allow you access to the Game.
Have fun

MrGrosser

Recruiter

08-05-2011

Tell your friend to see the attached.

Thanks

See you on the battlefield summoner.

Keris

Recruiter

08-05-2011

Thanks for everything guys- I just told him to do it, but he's a huge stickler on rules... for some reason. Linking him this thread ftw!

Shady Cat Dealer

08-05-2011

tell your friend he's a *****

Keris

Recruiter

08-07-2011

Friend says this- the whole bit about being an adult

B. Eligibility. Only “natural persons,” as opposed to any kinds of legal entities (e.g., corporations, limited liability companies, and/or partnerships), shall have the privilege of establishing an Account. By entering into this Agreement and creating an Account, you represent that you are an adult and have the legal capacity to enter into a contract in the jurisdiction where you reside. You agree to comply with this Agreement on behalf of yourself and, at your discretion, any minor children for whom you are the parent or legal guardian and whom you have authorized to play the Game using your Account. You further agree that you are entirely liable for all activities conducted through your Account, and are responsible for ensuring that you and/or your child is aware of, understands, and complies with the terms of this Agreement and any and all other Riot Games rules, policies, notices and/or agreements.

Madman Reborn

08-07-2011

That just means his parents have to agree....... nothing more, nothing less.

Keris

Recruiter

08-07-2011

Looks like I need an official voice on this- anyone? He says the only way is to have the parents make it for him.