6357 Cider Build ~ LoL Update

1234511 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Low Key Lyesmith

08-04-2011

Edit : It's over guys. It's done. They're shutting it down on Sept. 6. It was great being a part of this community, and I really appreciate the sort of support we had for each other in the past year.

Low Key Lyesmith

08-04-2011

Seeing 40-50 FPS gameplay. Never seen anything above 30 before.
However, this still has not fixed the PvP.net loading black screen problem.
That, IMO, needs to be fixed directly by Riot or Transgaming.

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I'm working on a fix for the PvP.net , black loading screen problem myself right now. The fix given by BrokenSymmetry might work for you, if you modify the working parameters slightly for your directories, i'm bumping that thread now with some updates of mine.

As far as the link goes - you have posted a link to your own cider wrap of the Windows client of LoL correct? As far as we're concerned then you are in the green We only care about the client that Riot gave us

Low Key Lyesmith

08-04-2011

Can't wait for it, if you can manage it. It's the entire reason I can't even play ranked anymore on my own computer.

It's just the game with an updated cider wrapper. I'm happy to say that it at the least removes quite a bit of lag (although the first minute is still pretty bad), and my FPS is now almost solid at 40-45 from 20-30.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

08-04-2011

basically, a fan made a better mac version than Riot?

why this doesn't surprise me?

(i'll probably try this )

Low Key Lyesmith

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediwir View Post
basically, a fan made a better mac version than Riot?

why this doesn't surprise me?

(i'll probably try this )
It's simply a more updated cider skin.
Granted, less official, but better performance. (So far.)

puremojo

08-05-2011

Wow this is certainly interesting.

So your performance is better, thats good. Did you run into problems that Drakulix mentioned, such as the 5 icons on the dock, or the crash after opening it the first time?

My only concern is how this will work during patch updates that Riot sends out. Perhaps some files have changed in the cider stuff that make it incompatible with receiving updates?

And lastly, you're saying you got better performance. I'm assuming this means that if you keep it at the same settings you've been at that your computer will be a lot cooler?

Low Key Lyesmith

08-05-2011

1) The 5 icons isn't true. Where there is still the usual 2 L icons and PvP.net icon in taskbar, I've yet to see the 5 icons he mentioned.
2) It will still patch perfectly fine, as usual. The internal system files are all still the same.
3) No correlation to cooling. I usually have a cooling pad and SMC Fan control, and my temp usually stays around 150-160 F. Still the same.

puremojo

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynn51 View Post
1) The 5 icons isn't true. Where there is still the usual 2 L icons and PvP.net icon in taskbar, I've yet to see the 5 icons he mentioned.
2) It will still patch perfectly fine, as usual. The internal system files are all still the same.
3) No correlation to cooling. I usually have a cooling pad and SMC Fan control, and my temp usually stays around 150-160 F. Still the same.
Oh ok, but increased FPS and load times are real then?

What risks would you say there are in doing this? I still have the .dmg file I got from another user's dropbox from before (it was the original download), so if something goes wrong, can I just reinstall?

Lastly, did you crash on the first time too? Or did it open fine every time?

IS14134e7013dbe5

08-05-2011

oh wow thanks for this. Improved my fps by at least 10 (it usually sits between 40 and 50 now with window mode ) and it's also faster to load

1234511 ... 26