<Open RP> The Enchantress's path

12345612 ... 35
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkan of Arkham

08-06-2011

((Also I would like to note, under pretext of rule #1 of those wonderful RP rules posted by Necro (first timer RPer, at least forum RP anyway, good to know btw) that A) I'llario is still watching the conversation from above, waiting to see if this is something he's interested in (ofc he will be, he can't stand to let anything exciting pas him by) and B) unless your character is able to sense magic, you don't have any clue he's there. May be justified in Glint's post, as even though it's OoC Yvainne is an Enchantress and given that she is the host's character likely has this ability))

As he observed the scene below, I'llario took note of the strange girls words and actions. An apparently incurable disease, he thought. Well at least even if he didn't like her, he could trust in her to be reliable. He knew the type, desperate, everything to gain and nothing to lose. He'd been in a similar place himself when he dissapeared to live a life on the sea 15 years ago. Of course, her situation was apparently much more dire.

As he was preparing to dismis the mist charm, another, this time a man, approached the table. Now THIS was a familiar face. Though he had never spoken to the man, he was sure that this was Leon Legacy, whom he had seen several times in various portside taverns over the years before he went off the radar 6 years ago, and had heard many more pub stories about the ruthless yet efficient mercenary. He would make a fine ally, so long as he got paid at least.

He waited to see what would transpire next. Regardless of ability, a tavern full of overly drunk and aggressive humans was a dangerous place for a yordle. He would have to time his appearance and words perfectly, and hopefully not cause anything to break out.

AmusedGlint

08-06-2011

((Hi LotV, and welcome to the League of Legends RP! The link that Necro posted will take you to a guide that almost everyone on these forums follow. And I would also like to point out a few IC things to you. Vermi is sitting across from Yvainne and as Sarkan pointed out I'llario (I had to search for his name) is just observing them secretly.))

Yvainne nods fervently and gestures for the woman to eat. "Eat, eat," she says, gesturing to the food once more. "I will get you there if I have to wade through the Serpentine River during flood season. But it will do no good if you keel over from starvation now." Of course, it seemed as if Yvainne didn't need to tell her twice, Vermi already seemed to be eating hungrily. She pats the woman on the shoulder as she eats and looks up, her senses telling her that there was someone else there... Yvainne spots a red Yordle, but was immediately distracted by the man who had taken a seat next to her.

"Oh hello," She blurted out as she scanned the room to make sure the Yordle was still there. She immediately recognizes her note and glances over to Vermi. Of course, She thought to herself. "The... 'someone asking for a helping hand'," Heavens I am bad at this , "would be me of course... But before I can accept your offer, I must know... what are your qualifications? I hate to seem rude, but we would not want to be..." She took a deep breath, "dragging dead weight."

Necromonger

08-06-2011

Vermilion ate well, just barely listening to the people around. He observed the Yordle, then the man who sat nearby, Simply nodding to them. "Uh Hello..." Inhaling a whole duck didn't seem very lady-like for a first impression, but she continued eating. She's never been this hungry. Fact is, this was the first meal of her life.

Being asked of qualifications, she responded immediately, slightly irritated that her abilities were but a shadow of the full power her mother had. "You remember my mother, Yvainne. She taught me everything I know. Every weapon I have right now, and any I come across I can use. I know the jungle, I know beasts and plants. I can treat wounds, and I always keep my squad alive."

Sarkan of Arkham

08-06-2011

Dammit, he'd been spotted. He wasn't sure how the woman had seen through his mist charm, but the look of recognition in her eyes gave it away. His mind was racing for how to deal with this new turn of events. However, it would not do him any good, as in his distraction he forgot to refresh the charm before the duration expired. He suddenly reformed, hung in the air for a second, then fell flat on his face with a loud smack on the half-rotten wooden floor.

"Owwww..." he grumbled as he picked himself up off the floor. "Geez, not exactly the kind of entry I was hoping for," he said under his breath, as he became aware that the entirety of the pub's patrons were now staring at him. Thankfully, most of them simply shrugged, and went back to their business, and the rest followed suit. I'llario jumped up to place his note on the table, pulled up a chair, and joined the others. "Do go on, I didn't mean to interupt anything,"

Necromonger

08-06-2011

Vermilion paused from her sharing of her abilities, and swiftly wiped her mouth clean with a table napkin. She cared little for who she traveled with- as long as they could not get themselves killed until the end, it was fine.

"Ah, sorry. I'm used to dealing with magic users... I didn't see you until just now. I'm..." A strange pause, especially since it was her own name she took a few seconds to recall. "Vermilion Dread." She decided to skip her affiliation with the Preservers, as to not tarnish the name.

"And who are you, what can you do?" she asked, curious, and wishing to assess their team's composition before the mission began.

Sarkan of Arkham

08-06-2011

Now this was interesting, thought I'llario. He was very rarely wrong in his judgment of people, and it was partly because of this that he was still alive today. Yet this woman, this Vermilion, was oddly polite considering his first impression of her. Just goes to show you cant always judge a blade by it's craftsman, he thought. Much more relaxed now, he decided to go on ahead.

My name's I'llario," He said, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head. "I can handle myself in a fight, and I know how to survive, if that's what you're worried about. Other than that, I have access to advanced water magic, and my blades haven't failed me once yet", he remarked, indicating the belt of at least a dozen different knives of various shapes and sizes. And while I'm not familiar with the jungles of the deep south, I can hardly imagine that they could be any more treacherous than the sea I've lived nearly my entire life on."

He grinned, trying to put forth the best image of himself that he could. Although he had worked and lived alongside human's for years, he still didn't quite understand all of their quirks, and it wouldn't be the first time he accidently set off one of the more touchy ones.

i am a bore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/600))

Kona strode down the road, the look on her face keeping the locals from bothering her with anything, most people stepped quickly to get out of her way. Each step was met with the mud freezing as her foot touched it, leaving what appeared to be a trail of ice foot steps where ever she stepped; none of this phased her in the slightest. Upon seeing the pub she was looking for she, very nearly, proceeded to rip it from its already rusted hinges with the force of her push.

"Where is this, this..." She forgot the persons name in her hurry to reach this particular spot and had to pull the note from her pocket, "Yvainne person? For I would speak with her, regarding this herb she mentioned in her letters." Most of the patrons just shook their heads and went back to their drinks, ignoring the strange woman that came upon their already strange nights. She noticed the group in the corner and hastily made her way to their table. Slamming her hand down on top of the note, and spilling some of the food on the table around her, she addresses the table, "Yvainne and... guests..." The word guests came out of her mouth like mud, "This herb, if it exists, is too good a chance to pass up. I will be joining you on this venture." Kona didn't wait for permission as she pulled up a chair, tore the back off of it, and sat down. The ice encasing her back wouldn't allow her to sit in a low-backed chair.

"Excuse my manners, I am not myself." Kona took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them, gone was the icy elegance, replaced by the eyes of a child, wonder and joy filled them at the chance to find something to help with her healing arts, "I am Kona, Kona Ice Heart. It would please me and mine if I might join you, those waiting for me would greatly benefit from such a herb." She held her staff between her knees and rested her head on the blue crystal embedded in the top of it.

Sarkan of Arkham

08-06-2011

I'llario could hardly believe his eyes and ears. He had heard that it was somewhat common for human women to change moods very quickly, but this one was something else. It was though she had two completely seperate personalities. He did a quick analysis of her. Based on her clothing and staff, along with the ice encasing her body, it was quite obvious that she was a some kind of mage, and a powerful one at that, though the style in which the ice was formed might lead one to believe that she had some physical ability as well.

He made another mental note regarding their little group. 3 women, a man, and a yordle. If this kept up he would have to be extra careful not to get in the way. If their was one thing he'd learned about women of any race, it was put too many of them in the same place for too long, and they were bound to clash.

Necromonger

08-06-2011

Vermilion sighed to herself mentally. It hadn't been fifteen minutes and there were five people, and everyone except her was a magic user. Further, they fancied themselves warriors AND survivalists... if she could have a valor for every mage with a blade, she probably could've bought a cure by now.

She didn't feel out of place though- the family that raised her were also a collection of powerful mages, and her current affiliation was well.

"I feel so out of place. I'm beginning to think magic is becoming a prerequisite on these missions." she joked. No, everyone had their place, and time- She's fought enough warrior mages to know their lack of focus was a detriment in the long run. Ice users, she thought. Easy enough to counter. The cautious instincts in the back of her mind said to herself.

Sarkan of Arkham

08-06-2011

"Your honestly worried about that? The way I see it," I'llario piped up, "out of all of us, your probably by far the most dangerous to anything we come across out there." Indicating the revolver on the table, he continued "That's a right fine firearm you have there, and if you're at least half competent with it your as much a threat as any magic user. I've dealt with enough Bilgewater types to know that a well aimed bullet will kill dam near anything faster than any magic I've seen yet."

Looking around at who had been gathered so far, he had decided, despite his initial impressions, Vermilion was probably the best choice to try and get on her good side. Yvainne was obviously out, as he simply didn't know enough about her, other than she and Vermilion were somehow aquainted. Leon was a mercenary, and his allegiances could change at the drop of a hat (or the promise of better pay), so he wasn't exactly promising either. And this Kona person, she was simply too strange. Something about her simply made her seem unapproachable, even with her sudden softening up. Vermilion, in comparison to the rest of the group, not only wanted the venture to succeed, she needed it to. Furthermore, he wasnt simply trying to suck up before. the mere fact that she could use, much less own a gun of such advanced design was indicative of someone who was trained and deadly, as well as disciplined. She would make a fine ally indeed.

((EDIT: Necro, you seem to be forgetting Leon ))

12345612 ... 35