Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

<Open RP> The Enchantress's path

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmusedGlint

08-04-2011

((And for those of you new to RPing, I suggest you view this thread. It will help wonders. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=344760 ))

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/113

"To those who will listen:

Deep in the Plague Jungles is an herb, rumored to be able to remedy even the harshest of symptoms, be it fever or internal injuries. I, enchantress Yvainne, seek this herb for the sake of finding a failsafe to medicine everywhere. Though some may call it a myth, legend, or simple ramblings of a mad man, I believe that it is out there. And if such an herb does exist, I do not question that finding it will take much help from very powerful people.

To those who wish to aid me, I can be found in the Mad Man's Inn in the Marshes of Kaladoun. I cannot promise much, but I can promise twenty gold coins for those who are willing to assist.

-Sincerely,
Yvainne"

That was what the notes that were scattered around inns and taverns from Demacia to Ionia read. Of course a few found their ways to Noxus and Zaun, and some even as far as the Freljords. Much to Yvainne's distaste, she admitted that there was the window that she may have to travel alongside Noxians and Zaunites if she had even the slightest chance of finding this herb.

She was garbed in a strapless purple dress that revealed the upper portion of her back, and her long dark hair fell to her lower back as she sat in a chair at a table farthest away from the door. Her amber eyes would often flicker to the door, half hoping that someone would respond to request, the other half hoping that no one would answer so that no one would be put in jeopardy when she ran off chasing fables.

Necromonger

08-05-2011

(( http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/668 Alternate Vermilion story go!))

[Yogo Teahouse, Bilgewater.]

Blood...

Vermilion Dread awoke to see her blood, coughed up onto the rough, un-worked wooden bar table. It was sunset, and through the dust covered blinds she could make out the sea... The kindly old bartender pitied the sight and placed her bill beside her, removing the half-empty sake bottle from her presence. She tries to keep it, but the old, bespectacled Ionian grumbles in his native tongue, and gives her a complimentary cup of tea...

and the Note.

Her latest medical test at the *special clinic* was nothing but bad news. She looked at the report once more. The mutagen that saved her from certain death years ago was now turning on her, slowly killing her. She's already spent a fortune looking for treatment, palming her face as the nausea came back, and vomit intermingled with blood, causing her to go to the out house.

She leaned, and sat on the ground, only realizing she held onto the note. Miracle cure herb. Money. Two things she needed badly. She went back inside to collect her things, taking her revolver out of the hand of a curious, if ignorant youth.

The effect of the alcohol wearing off, she quickly checks her pack for her things. "Rope, lamp, bed, climbing kit... Knives, Revolver, crossbow, bullets, bolts..." She looked around for the last item, a moment of worry crossing her face. It was right there on the rack- her katana. Unlike her other weapons, this one deserved a proper place to be kept. She straps it onto her back, and bids her tea house adieu once more.

[Kaladoun]

Days later, after stowing onto a ship that passed by near that area, she sneaks off the ship (after knocking a few sailors unconscious) and heads for the Mad Man's Inn. Another few days passed as she arrived in the marshes, her boots already soiled with mud. If it were anyone else she'd ignore it, but this was Yvainne- one of her ...mother's... acquaintances. She enters, looking already tired and ragged, her duster damp from stowing in the lowest cargo hold, her pants and shirt having seen better days.

She waves at Yvainne, and calmly sat beside her. The first thing on her agenda, as she placed Yvainne's note of the table, along with a revolver and a calling card, was one of immediate need after stowing away. "Got something to eat? you can take it outta my pay."

SmileyDemon

08-05-2011

((I'm wanting to see how the story progresses before I make anyone for this))

AmusedGlint

08-05-2011

((Necro, don't respond to this post until you get on Roar. I need to ask you something first.))

Yvainne watched the door open, and then squinted at the person, trying to study her features against the light. Then, she took a sharp intake of breath. This was not who she expected, granted the people that she did expect were a little on the wild side of her imagination, but this one? No, she did not expect this person to be here at all. Yvainne remembered this woman from quite a while ago, but to see her in this state? It was awful. She immediately orders a roasted duck, a delicacy back in Ionia and hoped that Vermi would enjoy it.

"No need," She says shaking her head. "I'll pay for it on my own. W-what are you doing out here? And does your mother know of this? I've half a mind to fetch her." So great was her concern, that she did not spot the note, calling card, or the gun.

Sarkan of Arkham

08-05-2011

Meanwhile...
http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/854

This had better have been worth the trip, thought the small hooded figure looking up at the Mad Man's Inn. Ah well, wasn't like he'd lost anything if he was wrong. Business was slow back in Bandle these days, and since his old friend turned League champion had sent those Bilgewater pirates running after the Ellington incident no one seemed to feel the need for protection anymore. He'd tried running a small trading route, but his craft was simply too small to hold enough cargo to make a significant profit.

And so down on his luck, and rapidly running out of cash, I'llario had stumbled upon an rather worn, torn, and slightly wet note outside a dockside tavern in Piltover. He knew an adventure when he saw one, and he immediately departed back to Bandle, called in a few favors, and got himself here as quickly as he could. He just hoped they hadn't left without him. He circled behind the tavern to a window and removed the cloak, revealing the blazing red-furred yordle beneath. Not like it would have stayed on him anyway. He dispersed into a fine mist and floated into the window, blending in to the smoky tavern air.

As he surveyed the crowd below, he attempted to find one who might be the woman named Yvainne. As he looked around he spotted a black-haired woman wearing an exotic indigo garment much like those he had seen occasionally while in port in Ionia. Clearly out of place, this woman had to be the one. Across the table was another woman who, judging by the note and gun on the table, was here for the same reason he was. I'llario looked the woman with the gun once over. He didn't like her. There was something odd, something unnatural about her that he couldn't quite place. He decided that for now it was best to simply best to survey the situation, waiting for the appropriate time to present himself.

((@Necro When I made this little guy it was originally for a short story. I didnt want to use him for an RP because I thought his abilities would make him overpowered in RP settings. Then I looked at Vermilion's profile. commence O_Oing))

AmusedGlint

08-05-2011

((*proceeds to check nails while he waits for Necro* Yvainne is a clutz IC so she wouldn't know that I'llario was in on the job as well))

Necromonger

08-05-2011

Vermilion looked at Yvainne, "I just got out of treatment, and was given a recommendation to go on this kind of mission. Please... this might be a chance for me to get away from my mother permanently. I know people at a clinic who might be able to help me..."

The food arrives, and the young mercenary, the 'Ultimate Warrior' who seemed ready to collapse from hunger, ate with gusto. Each meal was like her last, and she savored every bit of the meal- even bone and tendon were consumed by her advanced metabolism. To those who knew her, Vermilion seemed... off. Older, more ragged, more.. human. She did not appear to be someone who lived with an Ionian noble family. Her gear was also different- her medical kit was much bigger, for one.

Still, there was almost no way to know... this was not the true Vermilion Dread.

VoidBro

08-06-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/861

Leon stepped out of the boat that transported him to Kaladoun. Leon walked into the Madman's Inn, he sees drunk hillbillies chugging ale and hitting on waitresses at the counter. In the left corner he sees four shady men in black smoking pipe and eating cheese. In the right Leon sees a lady sitting quietly still, without any food and drinks on the table. He knew this was Yvainne by her skin color as Leon had been hired to kill hundreds of Ionions during his infamous Mercenary days.

Leon walks slowly but steadily towards Yvainne's table. A drunk fatso gets in his way and so he aggressively pushes him out of his way. The drunk is about to raise bottle as his weapon until he sees Leon's cold, emotionless eyes; those of a professional killer.
The drunk patron immediatly lowers his glass bottle and goes back to the counter, drinking silently.
All the while Leon takes a seat beside the Ionian's table. He lays out his dual flintlocks on the table and looks Yvainne in the eyes.
"So I heard someone here was asking for some helping hand... let's talk business"
A young girl and a yordle stands behind Yvainne.

(this is my first RP so please excuse me if I do something wrong or differently).

Necromonger

08-06-2011

((Hi legacy. No, we are not smiling. Glint, can ya put this in yer original post? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=344760))

VoidBro

08-06-2011

(ok oops messed that part. removed the ending)