Dominion Colorblind Mode (R & G Beacons)

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZRoE

08-04-2011

Traffic lights are clear enough to differentiate the red and green in my experience. Riot's red and green on the other hand....

Kraxik

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnisPhaseOne View Post
Just noticed that you've got red and green beams for friendly and enemy beacons.

As some of your fanbase has already expressed that colorblindness is an issue, is there any way to add some other type of indicator. Since I noticed that they're red and green, clearly it's not for me.

I was just curious if you've got some sort of plan in mind for this. Maybe R&G aren't the final colors, or alternate symbols (an exclamation mark ring around beacons that aren't yours), something to consider.

Thanks! Dominion looks awesome, and I'd hate to see the RG colorblind people struggle through this awesome game mode!
The capture points shoot at you (Unless you're channeling to capture) if they're unfriendly to you

BlueLeaderOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxik View Post
The capture points shoot at you (Unless you're channeling to capture) if they're unfriendly to you
You shouldn't be handicapped because you are colorblind though...

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Quote:
Just noticed that you've got red and green beams for friendly and enemy beacons.

As some of your fanbase has already expressed that colorblindness is an issue, is there any way to add some other type of indicator. Since I noticed that they're red and green, clearly it's not for me.

I was just curious if you've got some sort of plan in mind for this. Maybe R&G aren't the final colors, or alternate symbols (an exclamation mark ring around beacons that aren't yours), something to consider.

Thanks! Dominion looks awesome, and I'd hate to see the RG colorblind people struggle through this awesome game mode!
first a color blind sticky thread for tribunal and now already for dominion? well done

sleepyj101

08-05-2011

Where did the Red post go?

On another note. 5 bucks down for the poor colorblind folks getting screwed again. Sucks for my buddy but its gonna be funny watching him retreat to a enemy tower.

fmwyso

Recruiter

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRoE View Post
Traffic lights are clear enough to differentiate the red and green in my experience. Riot's red and green on the other hand....
Riot's red and green are not made to be specifically visible, they are often made with gloss/prettiness in mind. I am personally color blind partially, it is certainly an aspect of LoL that I wish had an option for a quick fix.

Bloodspilla

08-05-2011

Quote:

I agree 100% with you bro in the same boat, may i suggest to any Riot staff out there reading this, that they should consider a blue(good) and red(bad)? like in the stradegy games like old age of empires. or for those that see only black and white a black and white option?

ZzBlurghblahzZ

08-05-2011

I think they such include graphical changes as well, maybe making the Green & Red "objectives" differentiate from each other. Making either or, look sinister and evil while the other one looks peaceful and heavenly.

IgnisPhase1

08-05-2011

Where'd the red post go? =(

Gilvado

08-05-2011

On the minimap at least, red/green points also have different shapes. At the very least you will always be able to look at the minimap to know which type it is.

123456 ... 7