New Item: Odyn's Veil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PKPikmin

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refined View Post
Galio with Odyn's Veil.

Oh, and on the picture, the new Oracle's Elixir seems to be "Oracle's Extract"
Oracle's elixir was still there though...Wonder if extract will be the stealth remake replacement or if it has a map-specific effect.

YoshioPeePee

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
awesome item for tanks. 600 damage nuke? yes please.

Tanky dps will rock this against ap heavy teams but I think its gonna be mostly ad here.
i expect this to become core on galio, as he is picked to counter ap spam anyway

timmy22

08-04-2011

umm i think you missed something. look at the consumables. what is the oracles extract? kind of hard to read but that is what it looks like. Guess it is going to be oracles for a time limit. No really sure.

Edit: nm someone saw it

Gløry

08-04-2011

ummm, considering literally everyone on the team should/can work a bveil into their build, this item seems...really, really, good.

5 of these on a team? 3k free aoe dmg? Just add Amumu/galio to hold them in place.

Ok realistically it'd be just melee chars, so 2-3 x 3k, still ridiculous, on top of superb defensive stats. oook

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gl?ry View Post
ummm, considering literally everyone on the team should/can work a bveil into their build, this item seems...really, really, good.

5 of these on a team? 3k free aoe dmg? Just add Amumu/galio to hold them in place.

Ok realistically it'd be just melee chars, so 2-3 x 3k, still ridiculous, on top of superb defensive stats. oook
... er... how many times do you expect to fire a fully charged one of these? We're seriously talking 10-20 nukes from AP champs to get it full. And it's only 600 maxed, which is... about the base damage of a burst caster's ult. It's good... but... it's going to take you the whole match to charge that up. You have to lose 4k HP to magic damage to fill it once.

andrd

08-04-2011

another great item for assassin nukes as well as ad champs, i like the idea

maxicus

08-04-2011

Quote:
Are you kidding? 200 magic damage is hardly an ult. Even in an AoE. Leona hits for 270 base on Eclipse. And with a defense steroid.

It's not true damage, it gets mitigated. Most champs end with 70-100 MR. That's 40-50% reduction there.
*sigh*

yea 270 at max. this is 200 flat plus any charges that it has on it. now lets think of it this way shall we.

i am leona. i have max eclipse and i have been charging this thing for a while. so i have 200+200 damage so 400 total.

i lay down my ult which is 300 or so. have eclipse up and ready so i ult then elcipse goes off then i blow this for 400.

so we have 300+270+400= 970 AOE magic damage.

better yet

i am amumu several of my team have these things say with 300 on there. i have E up i go in on Q i ult and at the same time they blow this. so that is a friggen ton of damage in a team fight of which you can do little or nothing. all of which is aoe.

this item is going to be nuts and crazy and almost any AD or tank will build it.

for tanky dps or tanks this is going to be a rush item for sure.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Oh... Annie, Veigar, LeBlanc, Akali, and all other "Spike" damage nukers are going to be going up to tier-1 with this Odyn's Veil.

Seriously, an extra 600 damage when timed properly, on a defense item?! That's POWERFUL!

moodster

08-04-2011

Way too powerful... It's a must have item on tanks.

maxicus

08-04-2011

Quote:
extra 600 damage
that is max. it has a 10% soak. which depends on what it soaks before or after mitigations. if it is before mitigations then you are looking at it charging pretty quickly. if it is after then it will charge slower. have to remember that it is only 10%.

so if you get hit with a 500 points that is only a 50 point soak.
i mean if you have a 40% mitigation that is 300 which is a 30 point soak.

the best part about this is the extra 10% soak. that is 10% less damage i take. that is more important than the 20-30 damage i can get out of it.

the extra damage is nice, but it is not the main reason i am going to pick this up.