Counter Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Modek

08-04-2011

So after playing Annie for a while, and playing against her pretty often now that everyone seems to want to play her. I have found the easiest way to counter her mid is to have flash. I simply just use my flash as soon as Annie uses hers. She flashes drops TIbbers but guess what I'm not there anymore. So i dodge the Tibbers and the stun and then am free to do all the damage i want to her. This of course requires flash but is by far the simplest way to neutralize her huge damage output. Once you can avoid the Tibbers half of her damage is gone as well as her stun.

Yaiba83646

08-04-2011

I take a character with a snare or slow and really long range. annies damage is only medium range so just slow her down and beat her into the ground in my opinion :P

Modek

08-04-2011

The biggest problem facing annie though, is her flash in tibber stun nuke ignite till your dead combo. It can take out most squishies who go mid from full to dead if done correctly. With the added range of flash and the pretty decent range of her ulti she can cross mid lane pretty quickly and land her nuke. Snares are great but are skill shots so can most time either be avoided or just staying behind minions makes them almost impossible to land. Playing as annie I dont have much trouble either avoiding w/e skill shots the opponent has or just staying out of range of the enemies atacks while my stun is down, until i get it up again.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

well the easiest counter i've seen for annie was to stick her with someone with enormous range like caitlyn or someone with high nuke skill shots like nidalee.

youre a gay fish

08-04-2011

i never see annie drop tibbers on me to stun in a 1v1, unless they are terrible. always get stunned from disintegrate 1v1 or incinerate in a team fight so she doesnt just completely whiff tibbers lol

Drace Sylvanian

08-04-2011

Anyone with a longer range counters Annie. Malzahar is an insane counter. Akali out bursts her so she is a good counter too. Flash also counters.

Also, playing defensively and not harassing Annie (thus getting in her range) is also good.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1051792

GalacticFlame

08-04-2011

The thing with Annie is, just by having her stun up she can zone you. The moment you go to last hit, boom stunned and dead or almost dead/forced to recall, lose exp and gold. If she uses it on a minion, then it'll be up soon, within the minute I'd say, which means she extremely strong in terms of scaring the opponent away. Level 6 it's almost always a kill against a squishy if the Annie is carrying flash and ignite.

Akali is a good counter, but she's an anti-carry, so basically that's her role. : P But you do have to play quite passively against Annies.

Critiques

08-04-2011

What if she Q's you then Tibbers you? Take consideration of her other skills too. Q would make it less obvious that she wants to kill and it's a 100% hit. As for flash + tibbers, then you are risking it all.

Modek

08-04-2011

I honestly dont see a lot of Annie's who use Flash and dont drop tibbers. And if i flash away from an annie only when she flashes i dont consider it a waste because she also used hers. As for q and w stuns i just stay out of range of those spells and hit her. When playing annie all i have to do to counter a caitlyn or any other range champion is get my stun and then zone the minions so that they can no longer last hit. With annie i get a cata first which makes me beefy enough to take on ranged harassers and still put up the pressure. and any champion that has range enough to try and zone me is squishy enough to die with a nuke. If not force them to recall and take their tower.

Cuchullian

08-04-2011

Play Kassadin, longer range on his silence as she walks up to get in range for combo, the slam her with e. Malz can counter her has well.